ForumsForum GamesD&D *R.A. Salvatore Style*

382 82376
balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

Of course those of you who have read his marvelous books know that we are talking Forgotten Realms. The creator of Drizzt Do'Urden the Drow and Cadderly Bonaduce the Cleric who has sold over 10 million copies of his books. For those of you who are remembering all the time spend underground with Drizzt in the beginning this shall mostly take place above ground. I haven't played such a game for a long while but they are almost always enjoyable. Until you get a noob DM the likes of which orcs and trolls would feast on were he in the game. Obviously it cannot be as complex as the real game as I doubt we could find that kind of commitment on here.

Name:
Race:
Class:
Deity:
Level: 1
Physical Description:
Weapon: To be determined
Armor: To be determined
Gold: 0
Pet: None

And if you like do actual dice rolls for your:

Str:
Dex:
Con:
Int:
Wis:
Cha:

No cheating.

• 382 Replies
Ravagers
Ravagers
303 posts
Nomad

Well monstrous centipede's exist.. That is what I killed, 3 of them!

Jessikar
Jessikar
67 posts
Nomad

Name: Amnadria Talovale
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Fighter
Deity: Red Knight
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Physical Description
Eye Color: Green
Skin Color: Tan
Hair Color/Style: Black, Straight, Shoulder Length
Height: 5'5
Physique: Average
Weapon: Two-Handed Sword?
Armor: Studded Leather?
Str: 18
Dex: 14
Con: 16
Int: 12
Wis: 16
Cha: 7

I'll go to the graveyard, having heard there was an adventuring party there.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I must apologize for my unannounced absence. May I still play?
Character:
Name: Grippli
Race: Kobold
Class: Cloistered Cleric (Domains: Cold, ?, Knowledge.)
Deity: Mr. T er... Tiamat
Alignment: NE
Physical Description: White fur. Horns like a young goat. Yellow, slit-pupil eyes. Wicked, wide-mouthed grin of razor-sharp teeth.
Weapon: Tiamat's Gift(1d6 +2, deals 1 damage per round to creatures damaged by it, causes all Detect Evil spells to fail.)
Armor: Chain Shirt
Str: 6
Dex: 12
Con: 10
Int: 13
Wis: 18
Cha: 14
Spells per day: 0th: 3, 1st: 2 + domain.
Spells prepared: 0th: Create Water, Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic. 1st: Command, Cure light wounds, Detect Secret Doors.

balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

Yes yes of course.

They do not exist in the subcontinent of Faerun (which is were you are). Sorry, but that simply cannot be helped. Faerun has a separate monster book.

Monsters of Faerun. Just got it from a friend.

balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

Well actually its probably just an expansion. I am feeling really out of it right now. And its just cause I am sick so no jokes about spending too much time in the tavern.

BLEH

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Physical Description: White fur. Horns like a young goat. Yellow, slit-pupil eyes. Wicked, wide-mouthed grin of razor-sharp teeth.
Weapon: Tiamat's Gift(1d6 +2, deals 1 damage per round to creatures damaged by it, causes all Detect Evil spells to fail.)
Spells prepared: 0th: Create Water, Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic. 1st: Command, Cure light wounds, Detect Secret Doors.

Alright then, back to the grave yard! Maybe I can find that paladin.

Ravagers
Ravagers
303 posts
Nomad

Name: Halaborah
Race: Human
Class: Ranger
Deity: none
HP: 11/11
XP: 10/1000
Alignment: neutral
Physical Description: Tall, lean Shoulder length brown hair
Weapon: Longsword applied with centipede poison(1d8)(1d4 str) and Short sword(1d6)
Gold: 50 GP
Inventory:
---attributes---
Str: 13
Con: 17
Int: 15
Wis: 9
Cha: 16
---Abilities---
Favored Enemy: Vermin
Track
Wild Empathy

well I just added 10 XP just because of the previous DM's shortcoming... plus I helped kill the ghouls.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

so there, the centipede is viable.)
Monstrous Centipedes are in the Monster Manual, 3.5. They're vermin. Here's the SRD entry: Big Ugly Bug.

(and even 2.0 edition monsters,
Hey, speaking of 2.0 AD&D monsters, it would be hilarious if I encountered a grippli.
balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

WITHDRAWING FROM THREADS?!?!?! The horror.

I shall take it. I made the place and you peeps need to lvl up.

Amnadria: Upon arriving at the graveyard 3 zombies start lumbering towards you.

Grippli: You get to the graveyard at the same time as Amnadria and see her accosted by 3 zombies.

Daeroth: You and those with you hear screams from the graveyard. And you are still deep in the catacombs so you have to take 2 turns to get back there.

Halaborah: You find a ruby ring and a dark amulet. If the Paladin sees it it is gone.

Storm: All you find is a battered club.

Some please do a roll to find if I discover any hidden locks or latches. I would kick myself if I did so while DMing.

OOC: Ya I saw that, the other night I was sick and for some reason looked at just the Monsters of Faerun first.

balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

Note: I CANNOT wait to learn Shadow walk.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Grippli: You get to the graveyard at the same time as Amnadria and see her accosted by 3 zombies.

I rebuke undead. Twice. I then wade into melee with cure light wounds on the zombies (positive energy hurts them.) I will not engage the zombies with my mace for now, instead withdrawing after curing the zombie.
StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

-I store away the club and then head after the paladin.-

OOC: @balerion07 If I had some dice and knew how to play D&D instead of just the pc games based off it then I would roll for you.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Some please do a roll to find if I discover any hidden locks or latches. I would kick myself if I did so while DMing.
It's a simple wooden door. Stuck.
Ravagers
Ravagers
303 posts
Nomad

Name: Halaborah
Race: Human
Class: Ranger
Deity: none
HP: 11/11
XP: 10/1000
Alignment: neutral
Physical Description: Tall, lean Shoulder length brown hair
Weapon: Longsword applied with centipede poison(1d8)(1d4 str) and Short sword(1d6)
Gold: 50 GP
Inventory:
---attributes---
Str: 13
Con: 17
Int: 15
Wis: 9
Cha: 16
---Abilities---
Favored Enemy: Vermin
Track
Wild Empathy

a ruby ringe? nice. no magical qualities?

What does the dark amulet do?

And also... I stick with Bilbar, helping him with the door, if he needs it.

balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

Grippli: 2 of the Zombies are successfully rebuked and one of them is healed for 1 damage. You cannot withdraw after your attack. The Zombie not revoked turns for you and the one you healed is angry enough to go after you as well. However it takes Zombies a LONG time to turn.

Regarding your weapon's enchantment, I will let your fellow players decide if you get to keep it.

Halaborah: You have no way of knowing if the ring is enchanted. The amulet could be used by Grippli though. As of the door, your current friend has nice daggers to work with.

Showing 226-240 of 382