ForumsForum GamesD&D *R.A. Salvatore Style*

382 80582
balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

Of course those of you who have read his marvelous books know that we are talking Forgotten Realms. The creator of Drizzt Do'Urden the Drow and Cadderly Bonaduce the Cleric who has sold over 10 million copies of his books. For those of you who are remembering all the time spend underground with Drizzt in the beginning this shall mostly take place above ground. I haven't played such a game for a long while but they are almost always enjoyable. Until you get a noob DM the likes of which orcs and trolls would feast on were he in the game. Obviously it cannot be as complex as the real game as I doubt we could find that kind of commitment on here.

Name:
Race:
Class:
Deity:
Level: 1
Physical Description:
Weapon: To be determined
Armor: To be determined
Gold: 0
Pet: None

And if you like do actual dice rolls for your:

Str:
Dex:
Con:
Int:
Wis:
Cha:

No cheating.

• 382 Replies
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Oh, right: My weapon. Last DM gave it to me. I'd be happy with a plain old morningstar.

Grippli: 2 of the Zombies are successfully rebuked and one of them is healed for 1 damage.
2 damage. Cure light wounds does 1d8 + caster level (max 5). I'm first level, thus a roll of one cures 2, or deals 2, in this case.

You cannot withdraw after your attack.
Ah, yes, you're right. Next round, then.

Name: Grippli
Race: Kobold
Class: Cloistered Cleric (Domains: Cold, ?, Knowledge.)
Deity: Mr. T er... Tiamat
HP: 6
Alignment: NE
Physical Description: White fur. Horns like a young goat. Yellow, slit-pupil eyes. Wicked, wide-mouthed grin of razor-sharp teeth.
Weapon: Tiamat's Gift(1d6 +2, deals 1 damage per round to creatures damaged by it, causes all Detect Evil spells to fail.)
Armor: Chain Shirt
Str: 6
Dex: 12
Con: 10
Int: 13
Wis: 18
Cha: 14
Spells per day: 0th: 3, 1st: 2 + domain.
Spells prepared: 0th: Create Water, Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic. 1st: Command, Cure light wounds[used], Detect Secret Doors.

Added HP.
balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

You only have lvl 0 spells just like everyone else. That means you have cure MINOR wounds which heals 1. Even though you start at lvl 1 players always start with lvl 0 spells. As for the weapon I still decide the other players should decide.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

You only have lvl 0 spells just like everyone else.
So my spell casting progression looks kinda like a bard's? Or does it pick up as normal at level 2? I would normally whine about rules, but hey, I'm still a full caster. I can't complain. Especially about game balance.
As for the weapon I still decide the other players should decide.
If you're sure. To be honest, melee doesn't really go with my character concept, so I'm just as happy without it. Heck, the way I intend to play, the other characters might not even know I have a weapon.
balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

Its been too long since I have done this. Sorry. It is hard to read from pdf book files and I didn't remember how the cleric stared out. You had it correct. It does 2 damage. The sad thing is I went off the site you posted earlier since I was unable to find it in the pdf. It really stinks that since the whole thing is scanned in I cannot simply do a word search.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Oh, I assumed you were using a house rule. But yeah, the SRD (linked again for others' convenience) is awesome. Easier to navigate than a PDF. Also more legal, 9 times out of 10.*

*Fact completely fabricated, but plausible.

balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

I found it listed under classes. Why they didn't have something by the spells that mentioned as much I don't know. I also read some stuff about feats that I did not know and didn't care for a lot. Meaning if we get technical I am sure we would have to stop and redo just a few of them. I also learned Performing goes under skills not feats so I will update that ASAP.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

For future reference, should I inform you of how things should go by rules, or leave you to your own devices?

balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

I simply can't read these books without having them myself. Pdfs are a pain. If I screw up, yes I should be told. I need to get onto RPTools and play. It has been way too long since my last real game.

Ravagers
Ravagers
303 posts
Nomad

Name: Halaborah
Race: Human
Class: Ranger
Deity: none
HP: 11/11
XP: 10/1000
Alignment: neutral
Physical Description: Tall, lean Shoulder length brown hair
Weapon: Longsword applied with centipede poison(1d8)(1d4 str) and Short sword(1d6)
Gold: 50 GP
Inventory:
---attributes---
Str: 13
Con: 17
Int: 15
Wis: 9
Cha: 16
---Abilities---
Favored Enemy: Vermin
Track
Wild Empathy

I go ask the Paladin if he can cast detect evil on my ring, (I don't let him see the amulet)

balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

Detect Evil has a 60 foot range.

Ravagers
Ravagers
303 posts
Nomad

Name: Halaborah
Race: Human
Class: Ranger
Deity: none
HP: 11/11
XP: 10/1000
Alignment: neutral
Physical Description: Tall, lean Shoulder length brown hair
Weapon: Longsword applied with centipede poison(1d8)(1d4 str) and Short sword(1d6)
Gold: 50 GP
Inventory:
---attributes---
Str: 13
Con: 17
Int: 15
Wis: 9
Cha: 16
---Abilities---
Favored Enemy: Vermin
Track
Wild Empathy

Damn.. well I will not ask him then... I will just wait for everyone else to start posting again.

balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

If you would like you could do a roll to see if my daggers can work the door I am at open.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

If you would like you could do a roll to see if my daggers can work the door I am at open.
DM's call. I wouldn't let someone knock down a door with a dagger. No reason you shouldn't be able to kick it down, though. By the rules, it requires a str check. We can assume you make it.

Name: Grippli
Race: Kobold
Class: Cloistered Cleric (Domains: Cold, ?, Knowledge.)
Deity: Mr. T er... Tiamat
HP: 6
Alignment: NE
Physical Description: White fur. Horns like a young goat. Yellow, slit-pupil eyes. Wicked, wide-mouthed grin of razor-sharp teeth.
Weapon: Morningstar (1d6 - 2)
Str: 6
Con: 10
Int: 13
Wis: 18
Cha: 14
Spells per day: 0th: 3, 1st: 2 + domain.
Spells prepared: 0th: Create Water, Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic. 1st: Command, Cure light wounds[used], Detect Secret Doors.

Anyway, where was I: I step away from the zombies, leaving that other guy to deal with them. If they attempt to chase me, I shall shake them with my 30' base land speed.

OOC: Oh no! Zombies! Walk briskly!
balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

Heavens no, not knock it down, pry it open by using the dagger as a wedge. With a strength of 4 I can't knock a turtle down.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Whoa, I thought you were the pally! That's Moat. Good class, bard. My favorite, tied with paladin, interestingly.

With a str of 4, you can't pry a turtle open, either. I'd say that's a no go. You're a caster, aren't you? Figure something out.

Showing 241-255 of 382