ForumsThe Tavernwhat's your favorite medieval weapon

353 98497
mordecai1031
mordecai1031
156 posts
Nomad

this ones about weapons. list your favorite old age weapon like the katana or the broad sword or axe. something like that also include what type like germanic, viking broadsword stuff like that

mine is a japanese katana because of how samurai were trained to use them and the beauty that went along with it http://www.obamaskatana.com/media/img/katana.jpg

• 353 Replies
IcyIndia
IcyIndia
1,344 posts
Nomad

Daggers are great. Short, compact, yet can kill as much as a sword. They're easier to control as well.

GunDragon
GunDragon
509 posts
Nomad

The crossbow DUH!It was one of the most reliable ranged weapons of that time.My favorite melee weapon would either of been a morning star or the short sword.

darkrai097
darkrai097
858 posts
Nomad

The mace, because they look cool.

urbanwolf232
urbanwolf232
784 posts
Peasant

The mace, because they look cool.

yeah i agree,they look awesome!
SuperRaven
SuperRaven
128 posts
Nomad

what do you think???
MAGIC OF COURSE.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Spear and sword.
The spear so that the person doesn't get so close to you and the sword for if close combat is absolutely necessary.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

The crossbow and claymore.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Hand and a half sword (******* sword) for close range and a Mongolian composite bow sized up slightly.
The ******* sword provides a great deal of power as a 2h, but retains the flexibility of a 1h sword, thus providing a very powerful broadsword or a very quick greatsword. The ******* sword is effectively a Germanic katana in this respect, though providing the results of a Japanese field sword.
Mongolian composite bows provide much better power/weight ratios and require far less wood to craft. A shortbow made in the Mongolian fassion provides roughly the same power and range as a European longbow, while still being short enough to be used while mounted. If sized from a shortbow to a longbow, this design would provide a very high power and increased range while being only slightly heavier than a European longbow.

benman113
benman113
329 posts
Peasant

The spartan pike It protects my body and I can stab the enemy with the pointed end at the bottom. Also it's spartan and thats just beastly.

draconianknight
draconianknight
10 posts
Nomad

Do I have to name just one?

Crossbow
Halberd
Claymore

BluePortal
BluePortal
69 posts
Nomad

Definitely the spear.

I think it has the potential to go far. Especially because it was very good from a medium range.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Hmm... favorite medieval weapon? Probably the warhammer. It was a very versatile weapon with a hammer on one side and a spike on the other. It was used to bludgeon the enemy, and was even effective against an opponent in chain or plate mail armor. The spike was particularly effective at punching through the plate armor of knights and even through the helmets in many cases. It was also seen on both long and short shafts which allowed for use against both infantry and cavalry.

WinteryTrance
WinteryTrance
58 posts
Nomad

There are several preferences so I'll list them all:

The slingshot which was a popular and effective ranged weapon utilized by some civilizations.

The flail which can be fast and unpredictable and thus difficult to block against

The blowpipe for its poison ability and silent strike.

The nunchaku (nunchucks) which is an Asian variation of the flail and is perhaps the most coolest weapon used by ninjas. :]

AlbinoMonkey
AlbinoMonkey
3 posts
Nomad

Nothing is better than the old club. Just grab the biggest blunt object around and go at 'er.

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

I would probably take a scimitar, because it looks really awesome. But not a big Arabian scimitar more like the Indian scimitar. Like this.

http://wpcontent.answcdn.com/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/79/Talwar_Hind%C3%BA_SXVII.jpg/70px-Talwar_Hind%C3%BA_SXVII.jpg

Showing 181-195 of 353