ForumsThe Tavernwhat's your favorite medieval weapon

353 98494
mordecai1031
mordecai1031
156 posts
Nomad

this ones about weapons. list your favorite old age weapon like the katana or the broad sword or axe. something like that also include what type like germanic, viking broadsword stuff like that

mine is a japanese katana because of how samurai were trained to use them and the beauty that went along with it http://www.obamaskatana.com/media/img/katana.jpg

• 353 Replies
roxasthenobody
roxasthenobody
355 posts
Nomad

or maybe a giant battleaxe

RenegadePlayer
RenegadePlayer
684 posts
Nomad

Either a modified katana made for increased range because more range = you winning or a bow/crossbow. crossbows (correct me if im wrong) have more power, i think they're more accurate and they can be pulled and ready before you meet the 'enemy' bows are also good too because of how great killing an enemy at a range is

RenegadePlayer
RenegadePlayer
684 posts
Nomad

do dragons count?

well they werent around in medieval age... they might not have existed :P i clicked on the link to the morningstar from that one guy and its a double flail lol in feudalism i think i remember it as being a sword :P feudalism and feudalism 2 are great games. the archers and Greek fire throwers always win :P
RenegadePlayer
RenegadePlayer
684 posts
Nomad

We talk of individual weapons. And Spartans are overglorified.

the fact that spartans were born and from birth they were raised to be killing machines, and if a baby didnt appear 'strong' enough to be a spartan he/she was killed. the women even got very strong because (i think, correct me if not) men would attack the women and force them to marry them (or they did something else :P not sure) but yeah the spartans had it tough
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

i clicked on the link to the morningstar from that one guy and its a double flail lol in feudalism i think i remember it as being a sword

A real morning star is a club like weapon with spikes.

the fact that spartans were born and from birth they were raised to be killing machines, and if a baby didnt appear 'strong' enough to be a spartan he/she was killed. the women even got very strong because (i think, correct me if not) men would attack the women and force them to marry them (or they did something else :P not sure) but yeah the spartans had it tough

They are still overglorified.

Either a modified katana made for increased range because more range

Katana's aren't medieval. This best should be left in a different thread.

just a plane steel sword and sheild

Damascus steel is awesome.

@roxasthenobody

No, this thread doesn't suck ***, a thread cannot do that.
DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

Either a modified katana made for increased range because more range

wtf "modified" katana? do you even know what you are talking about?

increasing the reach length of the katana past the optimum level is retarded as it stresses the steel when you slash. just because you play some kind of video game with a bunch of weapons doesnt mean youd know everything about weapons.

anyway Id choose the roman gladius, as it was the best killing weapon at the time. It's well designed and has the perfect length. plus the way it was crafted is so it allowed it to slide through the chinks in the armor and damage the person inside.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Heh, we're drifting into non-medieval weapons. If you want to talk about historical weapons in general, make a new thread.

anyway Id choose the roman gladius, as it was the best killing weapon at the time. It's well designed and has the perfect length. plus the way it was crafted is so it allowed it to slide through the *****s in the armor and damage the person inside.

I love them too. Though the way I see it, it was its wielders who used it awesomely, it wasn't too advanced compared to the weapons of Rome's enemies.

just because you play some kind of video game with a bunch of weapons doesnt mean youd know everything about weapons.

Yep.
DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

Heh, we're drifting into non-medieval weapons. If you want to talk about historical weapons in general, make a new thread.

the roman gladius is in the time era of "medieval times" I figured since it was technically in the middle ages. it would be ok.
Rome's enemies

battle elephants (carthage, lol at hannibal)
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

the roman gladius is in the time era of "medieval times" I figured since it was technically in the middle ages. it would be ok.

Huh? The middle ages would roughly be from 476 AD up to 1453 AD. Rome had already disintegrated by then and even before that, the original style of gladius had been abandoned by soldiers in favor of the longer spathae swords which had been used by cavalry.

battle elephants (carthage, lol at hannibal)

Lawl. Hannibal was awesome however.
ZloyPacifist
ZloyPacifist
5 posts
Peasant

scimitar the best) light, fast and fatal!
Or maybe big battle axe - slow, but if strike with it...

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

gives it bomb ships in medieval? otherwhise ships with greek fire.

jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

I agree with you mordecai I also like the katana. I will always pown.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,585 posts
Duke

Another weapon is a lance I loved those before. Maybe now its probably the katana.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

gives it bomb ships in medieval? otherwhise ships with greek fire.

Both count. However cannons in the medieval era were pretty primitive to the ones of later eras.

*facepalm*

Please, no katanas. Geez, didn't you learn about the Medieval era in school?
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

mm Hard decision . Crossbow or Sword? Which one to pick . Sword is a melee weapon and a crossbow is a long range weapon. mm I think crossbow because there would be less chance of get killed . With sword your up close ... Easy kill that means . So Crossbow.

Showing 151-165 of 353