ForumsThe Tavernwhat's your favorite medieval weapon

353 98496
mordecai1031
mordecai1031
156 posts
Nomad

this ones about weapons. list your favorite old age weapon like the katana or the broad sword or axe. something like that also include what type like germanic, viking broadsword stuff like that

mine is a japanese katana because of how samurai were trained to use them and the beauty that went along with it http://www.obamaskatana.com/media/img/katana.jpg

• 353 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

mm Hard decision . Crossbow or Sword? Which one to pick . Sword is a melee weapon and a crossbow is a long range weapon. mm I think crossbow because there would be less chance of get killed . With sword your up close ... Easy kill that means . So Crossbow.

Why do you prefer the crossbow over the longbow?
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

A few advantages of the crossbow would be its power and relative simplicity of use. It'll take some degree of mastery to develop a level of efficiency when it comes to killing with longbows. If you give a person a crossbow, you can train them in a relatively shorter time, to kill. Remember, one shot one kill.

Joshman1444
Joshman1444
104 posts
Nomad

True Crossbow power is impressive but they do take longer to reload.
I would favor the longbow.

chz08
chz08
205 posts
Nomad

I'd have to say a medieval flail. I just want to hit something with it. x)

bgerm52
bgerm52
645 posts
Nomad

The flail would be hilarious.

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

oh lawl, thanks Knight(number 34) I was under the impression that the roman empire was still in existence. good call (parts of it became under the rule of the ottoman? then the popes sent people to go on crusades to reclaim the holy land that was apart of the original roman empire) totally forgot about that part ^

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

oh lawl, thanks Knight(number 34) I was under the impression that the roman empire was still in existence. good call (parts of it became under the rule of the ottoman? then the popes sent people to go on crusades to reclaim the holy land that was apart of the original roman empire) totally forgot about that part ^

Well, by then only the Byzantine Empire remained. By that time however, it was more Greek than Roman. It was launched by Pope Urban II in response to an appeal made by the Byzantines, who were being besieged by Seljuk Turks. Sometime later on, they decided to recapture the Holy Land and Jerusalem from Muslim control. That became the primary goal in the end.

Discerning reasons why the Crusades were launched is complicated. Though I can say that the crusaders must of been very eager going to in war. Seeing as they believe they were defending Christianity and that they would be able to attain wealth, glory and fame.

The Ottoman Empire was only founded two centuries after the First Crusade.

Oh, and the Holy Land did used to be under Byzantine control, though that time had long passed.

The flail would be hilarious.

And bloodily violent.
BlackIce131
BlackIce131
260 posts
Nomad

definitely Katana but i woulve have an ultimate custom katana forged for my self it would be like Juuchi Yosamu (10,000 Cold Nights OR ååå¤å¯')

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

@BlackIce131

Do I have to quote myself?

*facepalm*

Please, no katanas. Geez, didn't you learn about the Medieval era in school?

*headdesk*

KATANAS AREN'T MEDIEVAL!
PassionGemini
PassionGemini
1 posts
Nomad

The Glaive is my favorite wep

logantheking
logantheking
254 posts
Scribe

My favorite ranged weapon would be the Chu-ke-nu(Chinese repeating crossbow). It could fire ten bolts in fifteen seconds
My favorite melee weapon would be the falchion, it is fast and very powerful.

FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

Here are mine (can say which is top favourite)
Scorpion=Huge crossbow,which was used for sieging castles,ammos were about 50 cm long, and could penetre armors... and humans
Longsword is also nice, because its long reaching sword, and swords are good melee weapons; they are balanced, and can do lot of damage.
Longspears (dont know ecact name, but Greek hoplits used them, they very about 3 meters long) because I like long ranged weapons, and they definadly are that!

NeverPool
NeverPool
17 posts
Nomad

Claymore, the most epic of all swords.

RayOfLight
RayOfLight
223 posts
Blacksmith

mine is the morningstar

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

Maces ftw. They look awesome, they're heavy, and you can bludgeon the opposition.

Showing 166-180 of 353