ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 254349
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

What culture doesn't have a written language?

There are a number of tribal cultures who don't use a written language.
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

What culture doesn't have a written language?

Off the top of my head... Yup'ik. They have a written language now, but it is latin based. So they didn't develope it indepently.
yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

Off the top of my head... Yup'ik. They have a written language now, but it is latin based. So they didn't develope it indepently.

But did they have any kind of written form before Christians helped them develop a written language?

There are a number of tribal cultures who don't use a written language.

aknerd said that too, it just surprised me to know that.

Anyway, I think the point was that theopposum was making is just that humans can write in order to communicate. Even if a tribe doesn't have a whole organized written language, they have symbols in their caves and huts that show they communicate by writing. This is what separates humans from the lower organisms.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

But did they have any kind of written form before Christians helped them develop a written language?

Or, in most cases, adopt said Christians or die. That happened with a ton of native American cultures.

Anyway, I think the point was that theopposum was making is just that humans can write in order to communicate. Even if a tribe doesn't have a whole organized written language, they have symbols in their caves and huts that show they communicate by writing. This is what separates humans from the lower organisms.

They can make pictures. Woopdy doo.

We are animals in every scientific way. Its arrogant Christians that wish to think we are above animals, because they think that there god made them the rulers...

Now to the meat. A while ago back to the days of the first humans, there were two types. Only one is present day human. The other could likely read, write, and make weapons, just as the human could. Would you consider them "Above animals" as well? And if your suggesting we are not in the category Animalia then what are we in?
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Where is this going, guys?

samy
samy
4,874 posts
Nomad

No where like every other religious thread.

Lock it. =P

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Where is this going, guys?

Let's find out.

I;m very interested in the responses this may bring. This may very well lead into a discussion on human nature, which may be an arguement for both sides on this debate.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I could see why God wanted us to be the rulers of the world, aka the top of the food chain. After all, we are the smartest by far. However I think it was because of our intelligence in which God chose us as the rulers. That's in an objective perspective anyway.

We still shouldn't be called higher above any other organism. What we lack (in all other fields of specialty) we make up for in intelligence, guile, and adaptability. Some of the posters about adaptability were correct, to a certain extent. We can manipulate the environments to suit us (coats against cold, shoes on rocky terrain) but without our brains, that wouldn't be possible. We wouldn't know how to do these things and so we would only be naturally suited for temperate, mild environments. So besides our brain power, we are good for punching, hiding, and erm............

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I could see why God wanted us to be the rulers of the world, aka the top of the food chain. After all, we are the smartest by far. However I think it was because of our intelligence in which God chose us as the rulers. That's in an objective perspective anyway.

Of course the flip side is this God didn't want us gaining certain knowledge in the first place which seems a bit counter productive on this front.

and erm............

Nookie!

Which oddly is also a no no unless certain conditions are met to said God.
BlackIce131
BlackIce131
260 posts
Nomad

it is said in the beginning, Satin or Lucifer whatever was God's most trusted angel, and arch angel or somehting like that. the only way to know the truth if God is real is to die, yah harsh .

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

the only way to know the truth if God is real is to die, yah harsh .

Have to believe in this God before death or get booted into hell, you can't know for sure if this God exists until death. Kind of a catch 22 don't you think?
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Guys, wrap up whatever you want to in this topic. It is going to be closed very soon. A new one with similar areas of discussion will be started as well, but it is going to have guidelines in order to keep direction.

Just a heads up.

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

Guys, wrap up whatever you want to in this topic. It is going to be closed very soon. A new one with similar areas of discussion will be started as well, but it is going to have guidelines in order to keep direction.

Just a heads up.

Noooooooo! And is the new one going to be stickied like I asked? If so then YAY FOR ME!

Have to believe in this God before death or get booted into hell, you can't know for sure if this God exists until death. Kind of a catch 22 don't you think?

Just so you know, I disagree with BlackIce's view.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Didn't think we were all that off course in here.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Indeed, the point is to discuss, god, religion, what not. We've done an extensive job of that and there is still so much to cover. What about human nature? And while I appreciate the point you're trying to make about spam and what not, a free reign discussion allows us to discover new insights, to be confined to certain guidelines in a topic such as this is...well frankly it appears to be irrational to me. We have not veered off topic and I see no reason why this thread should be shut down.
Showing 1816-1830 of 1849