ForumsPopular MediaWhats your favorite book?

84 19827
Axel
Axel
475 posts
Nomad

What is your fav. book?
Heres a form to use:

Title:
Age group:
Awesomeness rating: (0-100)
Reason:

• 84 Replies
DefinitelyCrazy
DefinitelyCrazy
344 posts
Nomad

Title: Catch 22
Age group: I dunno, I read it at like 12. Older than 12.
Awesomeness rating: 101
Reason: Because the story is amazing, just everything about it is. The sheer complexity is unbelievable. You definitely have to re-read some parts just to grasp what is going on, but trust me, you'll enjoy re-reading it.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Title: Artemis Fowl
Age Group: 13+
Awesomeness Rating: 89
Reason: The story is really good, it just interest me about all the things it has.. It just proves that anyone can be a criminal, and the teenager in the book is extremely smart, and all he wants is money. He travels a lot around the world.. Which I would love to do xD

DefinitelyCrazy
DefinitelyCrazy
344 posts
Nomad

It just proves that anyone can be a criminal

As long as their IQ is over 200.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

But with criminals that never happens. Or really anyone.

Title: Redwall (Series)
Age group: 13+
Awesomeness rating: 90
Reason: Lots of books, good ones at that. It's a lot of characters, and relatable ones too. And of course, lots of battles and death.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

No no.. I meant anyone.. not smart people.. smart people have a better shot at it. That's why the kid in the book get's so far.
the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

That's why the kid in the book get's so far.

I'm sure the faerie technology is a contributing factor there.
DefinitelyCrazy
DefinitelyCrazy
344 posts
Nomad

No no.. I meant anyone.. not smart people..

No, it doesn't The book shows that smart people can be great criminals. It doesn't show that Joe Blow can be a great criminal.
PurEvil
PurEvil
409 posts
Nomad

Title: World without End
Age group: No idea, maybe 14+?
Awesomeness rating:666%
Reason: Amazing book. Historical details, great storyline with surprises, awesome characters(both good and evil) and a great topic.

johnny294
johnny294
284 posts
Nomad

Title: percy jackson and the olympians ....whole series
age group:i read it 10 years old to 12..but i think its about 10-15 years old
awsomeness:10000000000000000000000.8%
reason. Its a creative book and its very fun with all of the adventures and whatnot

popsi563
popsi563
34 posts
Nomad

Title: Reincarnation
Age group: 13+
Awesomeness: 110%
Reason: It's more than a typical romance novel, the story is very complex. It goes through everything from ancient greece to world war 2. Plus it has a few fight scenes.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

a clockwork orange is the greatest book ever writen in the history of books. no arguing because its fact

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Title: The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham

Age group: somewhere between 10 - 16 I think, don 't know for sure...

Awesomeness rating: 100 of course... it's my favorite book!

Reason: I read this book for the first time when I had to choose one for my English book reading list. It's a book that has mystery, science fiction, adventure and doom-survival perfectly woven with eachother, all in one story!
Allthough I'm of older age I never get tired of reading this great work! =D

assassin89
assassin89
1,303 posts
Nomad

Title:Mortal Engine (the series in general).
Age group:13+
Awesomeness rating:100
Reason:Its a fantastic original sci-fi with mystery romance and loads of adventure. The last book is the best one.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

a clockwork orange is the greatest book ever writen in the history of books. no arguing because its fact

Congrats on having good taste. I wrote my common app essay on that book, actually. It was a great movie as well.
In addition to the already mentioned Clockwork Orange and Catch 22, I would like to add The Forever War by Joe Haldeman. It's the best sci-fi book ever written (that I've read). It's for mature audiences, but I don't think that maturity has a specific age. It gets a 99, because I hope that the best book hasn't been written yet. I'm somewhat of an optimist.

And Kurt Vonnegut needs a mention as well, but I could never pick a favorite amoung his many masterpieces. Cats Cradle, Sirens of Titan, Breakfeast of Champions... all great books.
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Either The Andromeda Strain or Ender's Shadow.

Andromeda strain is by Michael Crichton and gets a 99 because of the slow-ish beginning, but the author just knows how to make it seem like the book is an actual historical account as stated in the introduction.

Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card is my favorite of the Shadow saga, and maybe all of the Ender books. It gets a 99 as well, because I have yet to decide between Card and Crichton.

Both of the books are targeted towards a mature audience, Crichton's for pace and complexity, and Card's for content, but I'd recommend them to anyone willing to read a good book.

Showing 1-15 of 84