ForumsPopular MediaWhats your favorite book?

84 19907
Axel
Axel
475 posts
Nomad

What is your fav. book?
Heres a form to use:

Title:
Age group:
Awesomeness rating: (0-100)
Reason:

• 84 Replies
mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

Freakonomics
age group: 15+
reason: Personally, I find the information in the book amazing. It explains many things that affect our world on a daily basis.

Shoestring
Shoestring
152 posts
Nomad

Title: Enders Game
Age Group: ......... 13
Awesomeness: 89%
Reason: I'm actually not done with it yet but I know its already a great book! and I love how lazer tag is somewhat involved

CruelAce
CruelAce
71 posts
Nomad

Title: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
Age Group: Umm.. Probably like... 15+ even though I'm 13. But I'm a pretty good reader, so... yeah. =P
Awesomeness: 90 The beginning is just real confusing.
Reason: It's just amazing. I normally don't like Thriller/Mystery novels, but this book is fantastic!

armortycoon
armortycoon
176 posts
Nomad

Inkheart
age group: around 13 to 17. I dunno
awesomeness: 91%
reason: I love books with fantasy and mythical creatures in it. also it has a lot of other things that make a book great. I'm on the second book, Inkspell

asderfan
asderfan
59 posts
Nomad

Title: Fight Club
Rating: 95%
Reason: This book just blew my mind. It's my favorite book in the world and it's great, because it really just makes you think about the world differently.

pickleshack
pickleshack
356 posts
Nomad

Title: Excession
Awesomeness rating: To quantify the awesomeness of this book on a normal awesomeness scale would simply break the scale and leave us all dead.
Reason: Iain M. Banks, the greatest Sci-fi author to ever grace this planet wrote it. That's why. You wanna fight about it?

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

This was hard to choose, but here you go.
Title: Peeps
Age group: Teen-Young Adult
Awesomeness rating: 97.5
Reason: It has a very interesting take on vampirism. Yes, it is a vampire book, however, the vampires are BADASS! According to Peeps, vampirism is caused by a parasite(which is where the title comes from; Peeps is a slang term for vamps, meaning "Parasite Positive&quot that puts your muscles and instincts into overdrive. It causes you to hate everything about your past life and want to destroy it. It's punctuated with action, humor, romance, and of course, every other chapter includes a dossier of some disgusting parasite(the main character is Cal, who was a biology major before he became a peep, then the Watch taught him about parasites so he knows about parasites and whatnot). He goes undercover as a regular human to track down and destroy Peeps using memoirs from their life(since they hate everything they used to love, that's their only weakness), but in order to find their weakness, he pretty much has to find out everything about their life.
It's pretty awesome, and spawned a less-awesome but still-cool sequel, The Last Days.

synallday
synallday
49 posts
Nomad

Title: Dante's Divine Comedy
Awesomeness: 98
Reason: Well it's not a book but an epic poem and it is a really hard read but the way Dante Alighieri explains [iInferno, Purgatorio, and Paradiso] makes for a great read although a very difficult one

mojo72595
mojo72595
166 posts
Nomad

title: Ranger's Apprentice

Age Group: 13+ ( i started reading it a 13 and still read it now at 15)

Awsomeness: 98/100

Reason: im into medieval based books. this book is about a boy trained to be a ranger( bows and arrows) and he goes on adventures, fighting battles, killing evil kings. there are like 10 books in the series, maybe more. i def. suggest checking this series out

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Title: The Prince (Machiavelli)

Age group: Philosophy (so atleast 15?)

Awesomeness rating: 97/100

Reason: Its a very intelectual book to Lorenso de Medichi on how to run his town/country. Its kinda like Sun Tzou in the sense that you can read between the lines and use the leasons in today world, to the same effect.

Ratter
Ratter
10 posts
Shepherd

Title: Catch-22 (Joseph Heller)

Age Group: 16+

Awesomeness Rating: 98/100

Reason: Probably among the greatest works of satire ever made. Full of mad characters and madder situations, there is not one moment where you aren't laughing to yourself.

10hfh
10hfh
4 posts
Nomad

Title: Eragon
Age Group: over 13
Awesomenes: 99%
Reason: its a very creative book, it keeps you entertained and keeps you wanting to read more and more, except sometimes it does get confusing and you have to reread something under than that its a GREAT book

blackdeath13
blackdeath13
3 posts
Nomad

Title: CHERUB- whole series
Age group: teenagers
Awsomeness: 50billion and one
Reason, its just such a great series overall, it really connects and its obvious that the author really gets kids, ive re read them like 50 times each...

halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

Title: Redwall (Series)
Age group: 13+
Awesomeness rating: 90
Reason: Lots of books, good ones at that. It's a lot of characters, and relatable ones too. And of course, lots of battles and death.

thank you enterorion

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Title: Epic
Age Group: Gah... I dont know ... like 13+
Awesomeness : 999999999999999999999999999999999999999
Reason: The book is a video game concept.
A game takes over the world and stuf ... Just pure Awesomeness .

Showing 61-75 of 84