ForumsThe Tavern[old] whats your favorite soft drink

97 16936
Chandler7
Chandler7
36 posts
Nomad

whats your favorite soft drink and why (be specific)

• 97 Replies
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

I LOVE POWER THIRST, the energy drink for MEN, MEN_ER_GY,

POWER THIRST

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Epic? Carbonated cyanide would kill you quickly, and taste very disgusting.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Soft drinks are a danger to you and those around you.

How are they a danger to those around you? They're hardly even a danger to yourself. How many cases have you ever seen where the headline was "Death by Soft Drink"?

Carbonated cyanide would kill you quickly, and taste very disgusting.

Not to mention it would be a waste of perfectly good carbonated water as well as perfectly good cyanide.
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

why would it matter what carbonated cyanide tastes like. you would only drink it if you had a huge deathwish

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

why would it matter what carbonated cyanide tastes like.

Let's say you wanted to market it to kill people, but once everyone tasted it, they just would spit it out and it wouldn't kill them. If it tasted good, however, people would drink it and pass away faster than a snowman in a black hole.
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

Let's say you wanted to market it to kill people, but once everyone tasted it, they just would spit it out and it wouldn't kill them. If it tasted good, however, people would drink it and pass away faster than a snowman in a black hole.

first, snowman in a black hole?

second, good point, but it might be hard to get people to keep buying it because after their first bottle they wouldn't be able to have more
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

snowman in a black hole?

Yeah, my similes aren't great, but they're mildly entertaining if anything.

it might be hard to get people to keep buying it because after their first bottle they wouldn't be able to have more

Market it as a twelve-pack! Twelve cans in one pack will be the only way to buy it, so it may be a huge waste of money, but you'll make more of a profit selling it!
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

Yeah, my similes aren't great, but they're mildly entertaining if anything.

they are funny, sometimes, and i have heard worse...

Market it as a twelve-pack! Twelve cans in one pack will be the only way to buy it, so it may be a huge waste of money, but you'll make more of a profit selling it!

great idea! but you would have to give it a non-suspicious name, like "soda in a can" or &quoturple drank"
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

you would have to give it a non-suspicious name, like "soda in a can" or &quoturple drank"

Well, "soda in a can" would be very suspicious, not to mention most people would look at it as a "boring" drink, and therefore nobody would purchase it. "Purple Drank" would make more sense, but only if the soda was marketed purple. That would be more expensive, which, if you market a whole 12-pack of it, would be a huge waste of purple dye.
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

12-pack of it, would be a huge waste of purple dye.

it dosn't actually have to be purple, the can could just be purple... they do it all the time. and i think soda in a can would work if people were still morons like they were in the 1880s
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

it dosn't actually have to be purple, the can could just be purple

Someone would make a Youtube video about how "Purple Drank" isn't actually purple, and to prove it, they'd pour it into a cup and request that everyone else do the same. That would not be good for the Purple Drank executives.

and i think soda in a can would work if people were still morons like they were in the 1880s

They didn't have carbonated beverages at that time, and they didn't call them "sodas". If everyone was still a moron, we wouldn't have marketing geniuses like me, so we wouldn't have the sense to market a new product as something it really isn't.
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

They didn't have carbonated beverages at that time, and they didn't call them "sodas". If everyone was still a moron, we wouldn't have marketing geniuses like me, so we wouldn't have the sense to market a new product as something it really isn't.

oh man, ya lost me there with you hip young marketing lingo.

Someone would make a Youtube video about how "Purple Drank" isn't actually purple, and to prove it, they'd pour it into a cup and request that everyone else do the same. That would not be good for the Purple Drank executives.

well they wouldn't be about to do that, by the time they noticed that it wasn't purple they would have already taken a sip of the deadly &quoturple drank"
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

by the time they noticed that it wasn't purple they would have already taken a sip of the deadly &quoturple drank"

Not if they're the kind of person who pours it into a cup first. You'd be surprised at how many people actually do that. Strange, yes, I know, but it's true.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Ha, you've been debating this for an hour.

I read a few news articles from 2006 about an Indian man tasting cyanide and recording what it tasted like (to him) before dying.

Here.

Though there's a problem about this, since you can't independently confirm things such as these.

sirfrank
sirfrank
420 posts
Nomad

fresca it is a not very well known brand but it is made of pure awesome

Showing 46-60 of 97