ForumsThe Tavern[necro] What language would you like to learn?

196 29400
bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

Yes, I know...Langeage is spelled wrong. But yeah pretty self explanatory, just post a langeage that you'd like to learn.

As for me, I'd like to learn German.

• 196 Replies
howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

I want to learn Polish, no idea why, to be honest.

vontje
vontje
866 posts
Nomad

I think russian is a nice language, but there are so many nice languages!

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

i'd want to either learn Latin ,Celtic or DEUTSCH. o yeah i already do know quite a bit of DEUTSCH

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Well I spoke quite a bit of German when I was younger, but after my grandfather passed away basically my whole family stopped speaking it and I've lost most of it. I'd love to become fluent though. Also Chinese and Japanese have always fascinated me, I'd love to learn either of those, and I find Italian to be an amazingly beautiful language so that would be great to learn. I also like a lot of Italian operas so it would be cool to actually know what they are singing about.

hynjie
hynjie
260 posts
Nomad

so far i speak english and korean. i've always wanted to learn japanese so i can just watch animes without having to read the subtitles and just be able to know what im doing on some of my games that are in japanese. i also like the sound of japanese. the characters never end with a consonate so you can talk really fast. also, all of my friends/enemies know english and korean so i want to insult them without them knowing what i just said lol

GhostGS
GhostGS
323 posts
Nomad

French.. i want to learn German for its brutal sounds but French because it rolls off the tongue once you are fluent... oh n it picks up the chicks i hear..

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Probably Latin because of it's nice sound and ties to other languages. I've always had an interest in Japanese.

GhostGS
GhostGS
323 posts
Nomad

Japanese is really hard but if your up for the challenge then by all means go for it

KawaiiRion
KawaiiRion
202 posts
Nomad

I'd like to learn: French, Russian or Japanese.
And I'd like to learn some Swedish, and fast! D:
As a finn, Swedish will come to me.
Latin would be helpful, If I'll read some old textes from some old Roman statues and, eh... and, well statues :P
I would really wanna learn old Egypt...
All those picture writing stuff is interesting...
xD I'd almost like to learn every language from this Earth!

hynjie
hynjie
260 posts
Nomad

[quote=bacobit]I thought English was the hardest? Or maybe it was one of the hardest??[/quote]

isnt chinese the hardest??? you have to memorize like about more than 6,000 different characters!

darkthorn09
darkthorn09
69 posts
Nomad

french

TutherouKhan
TutherouKhan
41 posts
Nomad

Greek

KatanaAndDagger
KatanaAndDagger
44 posts
Nomad

Korean.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Japanese, but sadly I suck.

melimouse
melimouse
110 posts
Shepherd

I'm almost done with my almost useless(job wise) degree in Philosophy, but I would really like to learn both Latin and Greek so I can read philosophical works in their original language.

Showing 166-180 of 196