ForumsThe Tavern[spam necro] Your School

52 23927
Leafman
Leafman
88 posts
Nomad

How is at your school, because I'm feling that all schools in my countru are a waste a time... sux.

• 52 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

@Pazx: Did you just call Firetail Firespam? Cold....

School's great, even though roughly 80% of the population of the school are hicks, this being in Indiana and all. High School was obviously much better than in Middle School because you can actually choose your classes that you want to take, minus the required classes like English and Algebra. Being a senior means NO required classes, all electives. Of course, not all electives are as you think them to be; besides concert band and such, there are electives like Chemistry II and HAaPs (Human Anatomy and Physiology) I'm taking. So yes, electives in my case are much harder than the required classes.

Homework IS important, whether you understand this or not. You do not learn as much by just watching step-by-step as you do by actually doing the work. It is there to guide you and help you learn it, whatever you're being taught. Homework is just a reflection of how lazy people have become nowadays, especially those east of the International Date Line and west of the Atlantic Ocean.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

@Pazx: Did you just call Firetail Firespam? Cold....

Was going to ask the same....

Anyway, right now I'm working at it to get myself in the Military. And before I can do that (full time) I need to pass school, get an education. So, even though I dislike going there everyday, I do it, because without it, I wouldn't be able to make it to where I want to be.

My school is alright, it used to be filled with gangs and fights every now and then. There were some shootings [Not in school shootings] but those seem to have subsided.

As, one of the major gangs in the area used to have a pool of members. So, it used to be a bit tense, although, it's a lot more mild now then it was back then. The education is great, just the people in it, that made it receive the reputation of being 'the bad school' in which a lot of people I went to school with, had parents who went by that.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

school would be better without bullys.

pauler94
pauler94
2,514 posts
Nomad

School is.... stressful. Teachers are stupid, people are mean sometimes...

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

to my last post: and without mean teachers.

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

Well many people will like high school life more imo
since I have fun socializing with friend AND teachers(yes, they're nice)

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

oh and i hate it if little kids are mean to you (i mean throwing rocks at you) and you want to slab them but you cant because there are teachers and they are only near if you slabs the children but not if they throw rocks at you. i hate my school time!!!

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

where do you live? I understand when they say things to you, but throwing rocks?

Well here we go with our friends. Everywhere we go we stick together. Though there really aren't any bullies, but you feel much safer and won't feel alone when you're with friends.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

i have friends. but in the past i was the typical hey-he-do-nothing-and-is-alone-so-let-us-in-a-group-attack/be mean-to-him magnet guy. i was a extreme individual and i was not in a group.

luck for me that i traveled not to a other city because school sucks so the police must bring me to school. i live and i can tell my children what they must do if someone are mean to them (i let them learn some judo).

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

every-time i miss any day of school, it makes me sooo happy. School is soooo boring :O

superzed1
superzed1
144 posts
Nomad

Omg, i have it pretty good then. I do all my work at home, cuz i don't go to school. Well kinda, but i don't have to leave mah house. I got a computer for my school called ECOT.
It's an all online school. I feel sorry for you guys. D:
lulz

Milos
Milos
848 posts
Peasant

Lmao australia's education? They aren't better than any other schools in the world. Theres only some very good schools, while theres lots of very bad schools.

Is it true that you use radio for education "down under". I heard it somewhere, maybe read it in English book, can't remember.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

LOL milos I doubt that but then again where I live they've started to give kids Ipod touches for lectures which is ridiculous in my opinion probably because my school won't do that. I don't mind school, I do however detest homework with a passion.

KMRaider
KMRaider
197 posts
Scribe

I don't mind school, I just hate the homework, especially projects.
You sit there for six hours working and then you do hours more at home?

budokai1694
budokai1694
255 posts
Peasant

my school is number 1 public school in ny so im doing pretty good

Showing 16-30 of 52