The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernThe Zombie Survival Club (READ OP)

518 106624
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Welcome, Veterans and newcomers! This is the reconstruction of The Zombie Survival Club.

First off, I'll introduce you to some of our staff.
-SkaterKidWhoPwns- This is the guy who is my 2nd in command. If you cannot get to me, go to him and he'll answer questions/comments/concerns.
...We have no other staff? Well then.

READ THE RULES. IF YOU DO NOT IT'S LIKELY YOU'RE NOT GETTING IN.
1. Do not ask "Can I join?" or any other variation of that comment. (instructions on how to join will come soon)
2. Do not make a "Scenario" (will be explained later) unless you are a member.
3. Don't be stupid, use logic and think as if you were in the actual situation. OF course it's unlikely that it will happen, but we ask that all visitors and members be serious and literate.
4. Do not question mod or my/skater's authority (unless a mod directly opposes it)
5. No overly smart-*ss comments against other members, visitors, or your superiors.
6. Do not make a Virus until you are a member. The sheet for making a virus will be given to you upon asking me or skater.
7. DO NOT. ABSOLUTELY NOT, ASK "CAN I JOIN?". I cannot stress this enough.

Now that all the rules are over with, I'll go over some Jargons (slang terms relating to "work&quot that we use here.

Scenario - This is a term we use for a situation that is meant to test the user (as well as give you something to do). These are non-linear, and are generally Hypotheticals. Any MEMBER can make a scenario. Scenarios are generally matched with a previous story/situation and they give the supplies you have on hand. As well as the supplies near you. There's also generally a map that goes with it.

Virus, Parasite, Infection - These are the general types of a zombie virus. If there is not a previous virus that is mentioned before a virus or a plan, it is automatically changed to the current dominant virus (Goliath). Goliath will be explained later in the OP.

Zed - Is the common nickname for Zombie. I.E. "Yo dude I just shot up some Zeds!" Or: "Gah! That d**n ZED bit me!"

Well that's it for the terminology! Here's the dominant virus. It's gone through plenty of tweaking, and I think it's pretty much the most realistic virus in the club (aside from hungers). If no other virus is specified before a Scenario or a plan, this is the virus to be used.
Name - Goliath Syndrome
Type - Parasite
Speed - Leisurely walking speed (2-4 MPH)
Sounds - A mild groan, much like a man/woman in pain. No screaming comes from the virus.
Infection - Infection comes from the cells. If so much as a skin cell gets into you, you'll be quickly infected (aprox. 10-160 minutes, depending on strength and immune system of the user). It contracts a lot like AIDS, but it can be ANY cell, be it secretion or meat.
Hunting - It hunts by smell and hearing. It can't see that well, but strong light in the dark will attract it. Best time to attack one is in the daytime. They can't see in detail but they can see blurry instances of light, I.E., a fire or a flashlight.
Other - Cannot swim. Cannot fly, cannot run, cannot climb.
Believability Factor - Goliath was made in a lab (Codename: Anthemia, which is a prototype of the virus. Can also be used for begginers). It hyper-evolved and infected a rat. THe rat got out and began to infect humans (as well as certain birds, causing the infection to be worldwide). What the parasite does is: It enters the body as an infected cell. From there, it infects all the other cells, coating them in a secretion that fends off any form of decomposer (In short, it makes the immune system of the host really powerful). Then, it randomly selects a cell in the body (it is generally a cell in the torso). It grows to about the size of a human heart. IT then crawls it's way into the brain. IT preforms a lobotomy and hooks into the brain, feeding it with a steady flow of required nutrients and oxygen. It shuts down all other systems besides the lungs and flushes out the blood in the body (the parasite provides the necessities for living brain), and spreads long, muscular tentacles across the zombie's body, becoming a puppeteer. The parasite feeds by slowly eating the host. IT'll take a couple of decades in order for the parasite to starve/suffocate.
Best ways to kill it - A shot to the head, killing either the parasite or the brain. A punctured lung will also kill it, but it'd take a couple of minutes for it to actually die.

How to become a member
First off, you need to make a plan. You have everything you would at home. IT would happen the moment you are typing up the answer. So if it happens at night, then it happened at night, happened at day, it happened at day. For the sake of not-cheating, we'll use AG time.
Then, you have to answer a Scenario. The Scenarios come every couple of pages.
Wait for Both the Plan and the Scenario to be graded. Each member has their own form of grading. Once it's been passed around me and Skater will figure out whether or not to let you in.
If you are not initially let in, do not be disheartened! You have unlimited tries to enter, and all members (should) give you tips to get a better plan.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why the hell am I doing this?
Reasons vary. Some people in the club do think the Zompocolypse would actually happen, and some people (like myself) do it for fun and practice for writing. Others do it because they just like killing and surviving zombies, while keeping it pretty realistic.

Can I make a Virus?
Sure, if you give me a comment on my page I'll be happy to give you the layout for the virus.

Can I Join?
Scroll up and read the OP. Do it.

Can I make a Scenario?
If you are a member, sure. Just make sure it's somewhat realistic. There are no real parameters for it, it just has to be a situation. Try and make it hard, too.

I think that's pretty much it! There are a couple of tiddly bits for you guys, though:
Titles/Ranks - A title or a "rank" will be given to you if you do something outstandingly awesome, stupid, weird, or just plain out there while still keeping it realistic. For a list of the ranks/titles, visit my page.
Members - A list of the members can be found on either my, or skater's page.
Discussion - Discussions will be held every now and again, as a stand-in for a Scenario. There will be a topic in BOLD (BOLD, MEMBERS) to let you know what the Discussion is about.
and that is pretty much it.
Now then, have fun everyone!

• 518 Replies
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

unless your jack russel is well trianed, those things bark at leaves blowing by. Great way to give away your location. If I where you, I would set that thing free. (AKA Kill it)

Pfft. " Kill It " Skater_kid, that's such an amateur thing to do... i would eat him. Save food. But then again my dog doesn't bark at everything second thing that moves so i would be in that situqation.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Pfft. " Kill It " Skater_kid, that's such an amateur thing to do... i would eat him. Save food. But then again my dog doesn't bark at everything second thing that moves so i would be in that situqation.

I never specified. In order to eat it, you still have to kill it. Still a dog is just gonna be a pain.

BTW, why did you never comment on the review we gave your plan?
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

In order to eat it, you still have to kill it

Killing it is still optional. I could eat it's paw with it still being alive... but that would be a very stupid thing to do as he'll bite me :P

BTW, why did you never comment on the review we gave your plan?

I'm to busy making my next plan!
thisISanalt
thisISanalt
72 posts
Nomad

You want one good plan, not a bunch of okayish ones.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

You want one good plan, not a bunch of okayish ones.

exactly. Why the new account alt?

Killing it is still optional. I could eat it's paw with it still being alive... but that would be a very stupid thing to do as he'll bite me :P

There isn't alot on a jack russels foot. No real meat.

Don't make a new plan, just revise the one you had, though, I suppose you can do that.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

exactly. Why the new account alt?

It isn't a new account. I've had it since September.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

MAYBE. Knockoutsloth, I forgot to converse about you in the last meeting with skater. I'll keep you in consideration.

By the way: a good way in order to mask yourself from a zombie is to cover yourself in the natural surroundings. Just prepare to smell like sh*t, or worse.

bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

What 'bout me? =(

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Fergot to add you ... again. I do beleive that it was agree'd you'd be in.

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

I've had this scenario brewing all day. i figured I might as well post version 1 up now.

Scenario: As you are wandering, you meet a convoy of soldiers who seem to have something they need to do. You approach (for some unknown reason), and one of them makes a proposition while the others aim their SCAR-Hes at you. The apparent sargeant wants you to go into an abandoned base and retrieve the military-grade weapons abandoned there. However, a catch: the base is surrounded by Goliath zeds and infested with looters carrying military-grade weapons. The estimnated count of Goliaths is about 300, and there are about 60 looters in groups of 3 each. There also appears to be a group of looters recruiting, but you need a special Callsign and gear. To assist in your searching, the soldiers are offering you Kevlar armor, an autopilot that can be placed in the base's tank, and a new shotgun they recieved before abandoning, a silenced AA-12 auto shotgun that has 10 clips of ammo. They say that they will not charge you for possesion of a silenced weapon or murder of the looters. They also offer 20% of the in-base gear if you head in alone, or 10% if you take in an ally.

You have two options:

A. Accept the offer, so you need an explination how you'll get in and take the gear out.

B. Decline the offer, so you need an explination of how you'll convinve the soldiers to NOT shoot you.

bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

B. Say "Hell no, I'm only 14! I mean f*ck me! Do really expect me to go in there? Did you you think this through at all? Jesus Christ... *Shakes head*"

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

B. Say "Hell no, I'm only 14! I mean f*ck me! Do really expect me to go in there? Did you you think this through at all? Jesus Christ... *Shakes head*"

...Uh...Crap.

I was going to make the sergeant's response to your attempt at making them not shoot you, but I'm trying to figure out how to respond to that statement. Maybe 1.5 will either A. eliminate the soldiers and place you in the base or B. make the soldiers assume you're able to take on some looters and zeds if you've survived that long.

Until V.1.5 comes out:

A corporal picks up an AA-12 and says: you've got a ****ing dirty moth for a 14-year-old. Still, *points gun at sergeant* rule 18a of our detachment says that drafting for soldiers under the age of 16 calls for being shot. The corporal shoots the sergeant, but some soldiers seem to not like the response, blah blah blah, all the soldiers shoot each other. I'll just edit the scenario to make a little more sense shortly...

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

Okay, sorry for the double, but I have made a revised scenario that may make a little more sense.

Scenario: Looter's hide-out v. 1.5

Somehow, you have survived about a year and a half. However, you haven't found any non-empty stores, or your plan does not account for them. As of such, you're low on food and ammo. However, You have heard on pirate looter radio that they are located at a nearby military base, and anyone can join the Cutthroat Looters if they go to the base. You know the Cutthroat Looters can't be trusted, but you know you figure you can sneak in and take some of the loot, and you know you can be not shot if you know the call sign. In order to aid in sneaking, you have left behind your gear except for light things that can hepl in sneaking so you can make it past the zeds around teh building: either a light melee weapon like a machete, or a light gun like a small caliber pistol. You make it in with only a few close calls, but by the time you get to the storage, you hear an alarm. Apaprently, a group of well-armed soldiers has come in to take down the base of mediocrily-amred looters. You know you could gain one side's trust, or at least a little bonus loot, by helping one side fight another. Or, you could just take as much loot as you can carry and sneak off during the chaos, leaving the only issue to be the zeds, and occasional angry soldier/looter group.

In summary...

Therats: trigger-happy soldiers, Goliath zombies, Cutthroat looters
Equipment: (choice of) AA-12 low recoil auto shotgun, SPAS-12 Combat shotgun, .OR other military-grade gun. You also get MREs, ammo for your guns, kevlar armor and your grenades of choice.

Your choices:

A. Convince the looters to let you help (explain how), and help them take on the soldiers and zombies (again, explain), and then explain how you'dd break away from the looters.

B. Convince the soldiers to let you help (explain), hepl take out the looter base (explain), and then break away from the soldier detachment (explain)

C. Explain how you'll carry your loot out, how you'll keep from getting shot by looters/soldiers, and how you'll keep the looters/soldiers off your trail

D. Other

bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

B. Run up scremin' "Hold fire! Hold fire!" *Catches breath* "Listin. There's. Goliaths everywhere, looters. You gotta help me. Please!" And assuming the soliders have some heart they'd let me in...Hopefuly....

bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

Aight, I got a Scenario...

Your in the middle of a Big city, for reasons unknown, and you're listining to a radio. All of a sudden you hear "Class five aleart, Class five alert. City (Insert city here) is currently being flooded with a flamable gas, City (Insert city here) is currently being flooded with a flamable gas. DO NOT! use firearms, Repeat, DO NOT! use firearms. Ignishsion of gas in exactly one hour, one hour." Suddenly you hear Jets passing by.

WEAPONS
Crowbar
Makeshift spear
9mm Pistol, 3 Clips of ammo
Can of "AXE" with lighter

DANGERS
!ONE Hour till you're burnt to a crisp!
!Ten miles to safezone!
!No firearms or anything that produces a spark or a flame!
!Countless Golith Zombies!
!Posiblely other survivors only conserned about their safety!

Showing 121-135 of 518