ForumsArt, Music, and WritingA.G.S. Explore [p.24]

432 77344
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Thoad the toad, the green-clad zombie slayer, the epidimy (sp?) of stupidity, was sitting in his room one day. His condo was still getting worse and worse by the day. "I wish my rank was better, maybe there wouldn't be a mold problem now... oh well, not as bad as the slums though." Thoad sat on a small wooden stool, and looked at the walls, the wallpaper peeling off.
Suddenly, he had an idea. A marvelous idea. He got up with a wide smile, happy, energetic symphonic music in his mind. He ran to his window and shoved it open. He yelled out at the populace: "ARMORGAMES. I AM GOING TO EXPLORE THE LAND WITH A CREW. JUST YOU SEE, WE'LL HAVE OUTPOSTS EVERYWHERE!," after a few seconds, he pointed his finger at the moon, still in the sky. "MY SHIP WILL BE.... THE A.G.S. EXPLORE!"
He brought up a sheet of parchment and wrote a shotty flier.
<image pending>
(Thoad wants YOU, to be apart of the Exploration team. See <insert adress here> on wednsday to see what the job entitles and what you can do, for your sity (OOC: Get it? Site? City? Sity?)!)
He copied it and pasted it onto several other pieces of paper and threw them out the window, since there was a breeze. On a single piece of parchment there was another footnote. "You have been chosen to be my 2nd in command! Bring this flier to me and you'll be able to do everythign I could do, if I'm not there!"
"FOR ADVENTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE" Thoad yelled once more out the window. Someone finally looked up at him, put his hands out, and simply said: "Dude, wtf?"

First off, I'd like to let you all know to e-mail AGSexplore@yahoo.com instead of my own e-mail. My co-host (when announced) will be given the password to the e-mail.

The entry organization-things will be similar to the WoM. You'll e-mail the e-mail and upon response, you'll be told if you can post it on the main thread or not.

• 432 Replies
buenothebear
buenothebear
261 posts
Nomad

Bueno was walking in the streets, looking for a yummy place to eat, unfortunately, he wasn't having the best of luck. He decided to walk back home, which was a couple blocks. Just as he was turning the corner, WHAP. A paper flier flew right in his face. Bueno was stunned and ended up on the ground, passed out.
He woke up with multiple people around him starring at him like he was an animal. (see what i did there?) He eventually finds enough strength in his fragile body to stand up and read the letter.
He had never heard of Thoad, but he sounded like someone with power and fame. He kept on reading it to himself over and over as he walked home. Once Bueno arrived, he pinned the flier to his wall to make sure he doesn't loose this opportunity.
Next morning he grabs the flier and runs back to the spot he got hit. When he got there, the place was packed. He could hardly even breath. He thought to himself, "It would help if I knew what this guy looked like." Meanwhile, Thoad was up on a big platform throwing the fliers out like a crazy. Bueno spots Thoad, assuming that's him because of the fliers, and tries to make his way through the crowd, but it's too thick.
Bueno climbs up one of the pillars supporting the building above, and gets up on the roof trying to get Thoad's attention. Thoad looks directly at him, but cannot hear what Bueno is screaming. Bueno feels hopeless. He climbs in the window out of exhaustion. He passes out right on the dirty floor. . . Thoad's dirty floor.
Later that day Thoad arrives in his condo. Screams "WTF ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE?!?!?, DON'T MAKE ME CALL THE MODERATORS!!!!!" Hearing the screaming, Bueno is woken up. He was shocked that Thoad was actually there. Bueno mumbles "Here, *gasp for air*, here is your flier..."

DON'T JUDGE MEHHHH D,:

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Another pause...

Seems like there are so many pauses.

"WTF ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE?!?!?, DON'T MAKE ME CALL THE MODERATORS!!!!!" Hearing the screaming, Bueno is woken up. He was shocked that Thoad was actually there. Bueno mumbles "Here, *gasp for air*, here is your flier..."

LOL. That part made laugh until my insides hurt.
buenothebear
buenothebear
261 posts
Nomad

Really? Thanks. :3

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Seems like there are so many pauses.

Two? I wouldn't say that was many, but I guess that depends.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

This would explain a lot considering the entire WoM.

Uhm, no comment >_>

At least the cover for The Moderator's Handbook is written in Garamond.
buenothebear
buenothebear
261 posts
Nomad

So this isn't going to be like WoM where there is elimination? It's just going to be like a story or something?

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

So this isn't going to be like WoM where there is elimination? It's just going to be like a story or something?

Yeah. It's only going to be a story or something. It's a storyline in adventure.
buenothebear
buenothebear
261 posts
Nomad

Awesome, I was sorta scared to get booted off in the first round. Lol. :P

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

Well, I finally got clearance to post. Feedback please.

Possum was sitting in the middle of his one of his favorite places in the sity, The Tavern. He might have been imagining it, but he thought he heard faint yelling. All of a sudden, there was a breeze, and an exciting new feeling in the air. Feeling this excitement, Possum simply could not just sit there. So he left, walking to his favorite place in the sity, the Museum of Art, Music, and Writing. When inside, he saw there were papers all over the floor. The message was unclear, as it was shotty, but it was clear nonetheless. Thoad, one of the more social members in the sity, was feeling like exploring the land, and he needed a crew! Possum jumped for joy at this marvelous chance. While jumping, he noticed that one of the messages was special. Its writing was different. He picked it up, and it was said it was either meant for him or for King Ryan. He read it....and immediately ran outside of the building, searching for Thoad. He was nowhere to be found. Then Possum saw somebody staring at him quite oddly, so he went to engage the stranger in conversation. The stranger said, "I believe you are looking for the one named Thoad, correct?" "Yes," Possum said. "Do you know where I might find him?" The stranger said, "Of course, Thoad is exactly where he should be, his condo." So Possum set off. On the way there, he was confronted by the Moderators of the sity, the people that kept any fun from happening. They demanded to know why he was so happy. He replied, "Because, dear sirs and madam, today is a Wednesday!" This was understood immediately, as Wednesdays were the happiest days of them all. So Possum continued on his journey. He finally got to the block where Thoad was known to live. Outside his condo, in the middle of the street, was a ship. A wondrous ship. On the side, painted in glossy black paint, were the words 'A.G.S. Explorer'. And in the captain's cabin was Thoad. Possum gladly went up to him in order to explain what had transpired. However, on his way there, he was attacked! It was the Mage, Gray Wolf. He was known to hate Possum for reasons that will not be disclosed here, and everyone knew he wouldnât want Possum to be able to go on any adventures, except the last and greatest adventure of them all, death. Possum knew he couldnât let Gray Wolf stop him, but he also knew that, as a mage, this man was very dangerous. So he planned to do the best thing that would end this fight shortly, allowing Possum to escape. He was going to play dead. Gray Wolf attacked, sending a fireball right at Possum. Possum was, of course, one of the fastest people in the sity, so he dodged it easily. However, he was also very good at pretending, so he pretended that the fireball hit him by pulling a bag of ash from his pocket that he just happened to have and spreading the ash all over himself. He then laid down and pretended to be dead. It worked like a charm. Gray Wolf, believing his foe to be defeated, ran off laughing. When he was a safe distance away, Possum got up and started to go to the ship. There was one more obstacle however. AG zombies. These zombies were created when people would participate in the sity, then leave, the come back. If they let this happen to many times, they became zombies. With the zombies were also AG ghosts, those that were created by people that died and never came back. Because they never came back, they werenât zombies, so they became ghosts. While he knew the ghosts were relatively harmless, Possum was still frightened. But the zombies were a bigger problem. Possum knew that his only hope against zombies was Thoad, so he did the same thing he did with Gray Wolf. He let the zombies attack, and then pretended they had killed him. Everybody knows of course, that zombies donât eat dead things. So they gradually moved on to another part of the sity. Finally free of obstacles, Possum managed to run up to the ship, go into the captainâs cabin, and talk to Thoad.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Nice thing (I don't know what to call it) Possum. Although Thoad could have saved you from the zombies. You know, since he's the founder of ZOMBIE SURVIVAL CLUB.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

About halfway through there will be elimination-ish things. Essentially the characters would get a once in a life-time chance to-

Crap I almost gave away a major plot point!

Point being, it's not an elimination per se, it's a happy ending.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Point being, it's not an elimination per se, it's a happy ending.

Just like Lord of the Flies had a happy ending?

the people that kept any fun from happening.

I will have to wonder why this seem to be a reoccurring theme of the entries > >.. Makes me sad:<
The consistency is baffling.

@Possum: Next time, it would be nice with a bit of paragraphs, though. It makes it easier to read.
Other than that, unless you have asked a user if you can include them, it is often not the best idea to do so.
(Anyone who participate obviously give some kind of consent in being displayed in other's entries)
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

Alright then, I'll keep that in mind. I was just at a loss, as I didn't know who the other characters were at the time.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Alright then, I'll keep that in mind. I was just at a loss, as I didn't know who the other characters were at the time.

Indeed. Just for better of it, considering we before have encountered stories that put certain users in a rather negative light, and the users getting rather pissed because they obviously never agreed to even be in the story.
It will be easier in a round or two, when the actual participants have been collected and on the sea.
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

I didn't mean for Mage to be in a negative light, I just used him, mainly because his name made him a good candidate for being a magician. But I'll make sure to get consent from now on.

I will have to wonder why this seem to be a reoccurring theme of the entries > >.. Makes me sad:<
The consistency is baffling.

Well, you guys are the mods, and even thought your nature isn't really like that, just the fact that you're mods makes you eligible to be shown in that light.
Showing 46-60 of 432