ForumsThe TavernMac vs PC

276 41513
mrboss
mrboss
41 posts
Nomad

i like PC a LOT better than Mac

Reason: my dad has a Mac and i think it is a lot harder to use than PC.

• 276 Replies
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

PC's still are better for games, they do have more support. I would have to go with PC for that reason and also I don't find it that "unuser friendly".

You can also run Linux and Windows on one Machine. You can probably get a computer, partition the drive and run all three Mac OS, Windows, and Linux. You can even run Linux from an iso image on CD without ever installing to the harddrive.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

You can also run Linux and Windows on one Machine. You can probably get a computer, partition the drive and run all three Mac OS, Windows, and Linux. You can even run Linux from an iso image on CD without ever installing to the harddrive.

Using a Linux live CD right now.

And can't you partition your drive and install Windows 7/Linux on your Mac? I haven't done it.. but I'm pretty sure it can be done.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

And can't you partition your drive and install Windows 7/Linux on your Mac? I haven't done it.. but I'm pretty sure it can be done.

I almost had a Mac once. Asked how would it be for gaming. They basically said,

"Yeah you can play games on a Mac, just partition the drive and install Windows on the partition."

lol, so basically buy a Mac and run it like a PC if you want to play games on it. (And from what the sales person said, you can partition a Mac and run Windows on it.)
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

"Yeah you can play games on a Mac, just partition the drive and install Windows on the partition."

Thought so. Just didn't want to seem like an idiot and just say you could when I really wasn't sure.

I'm pretty sure I saw it on the computers at SFU (Simon Fraser University).
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

I don't play PC games that much. Thats why im getting a Mac =)

If you don't mind me asking, what do you intend to use the computer for that makes Mac the better choice?
chang
chang
846 posts
Nomad

The new Macbook Air is amazing. Mac's are also usually better made then I a lot of PC and are much less susceptible to viruses and other problems.
But if you stay away from PC brands with high failure rates such as HP and you know what your doing with a PC you really won't have very many problems with a PC either.
They both have their pros and cons it really relies a lot on personal preference

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

The bad think about a Macbook Air is that they don't have a CD slot. Other than that they're pretty nice.

And HP doesn't fail, that much...

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

Mac's are also usually better made then I a lot of PC and are much less susceptible to viruses and other problems.

Macs and PCs have exactly the same internal parts from exactly the same factories. And PCs have more viruses because there are more PCs and thus more chances for the virus to spread.

if you havent tried w7 you dont know what you're talking about while you're saying windows fails, or what are u using? win98? great.

While windows 7 is great, I think both win95 and windows xp are better. The reason I say both win95 and xp is that win95 is 8-bit and 16-bit while xp is mostly 32-bit.
knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Also, PCs blow!

Uh huh.

I think both win95 and windows xp are better.

I remember the days I used to have Windows 95 and 98. Nostalgia.

Macs and PCs have exactly the same internal parts from exactly the same factories. And PCs have more viruses because there are more PCs and thus more chances for the virus to spread.

Also, since more computers use Windows software it's probably more worthwhile to focus on targeting it, instead of OS X.

Well, they come with iMovie, iPicture, and iGarageband.

Well, I wouldn't buy a Mac because of three pieces of software.
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I prefer pc's because there are quite a few things that macs don't have

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

If you don't mind me asking, what do you intend to use the computer for that makes Mac the better choice?

Macs are supposedly useful with photo, music, and video editing, although I have yet to use a Mac for any reason I can say that these softwares are available PC's (if not both opertaing systems):

For music creating, editing, and, or mastering, etc.:
FL Studio, Reason, Sonar, Logic Pro, Ableton, Cubase, etc.

For Video
editing: Windows Movie Maker, Magix Movie Editor (16), Sony Vegas Pro (10), Adobe Premiere (Pro CS5), Adobe After Effects (CS5), etc.

For Photo editing: Microsoft Paint, Adode Photoshop (CS5), GIMP (2.6)[Which is native to Linux, free, and runs on all three operating systems, but is not quite as good as Adobe Photoshop.]

So I don't understand why the fuss about Mac's being so great with music, photo, and movie editing all the professional level tools (and many amateur tools) are available for both operating systems.
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

Well, they come with iMovie, iPicture, and iGarageband. I like to edit pictures and things like that so thats one reason. Another is they're faster, my grandpa has one and its amazing. Also, PCs blow!

While there was a time that Macs were better for photo/video editing, that time has passed. And Macs are slower per dollar than PCs.
WolfWolf
WolfWolf
801 posts
Nomad

I prefer a Pc more than a Mac.My friend got a Mac last week and he said he had nonstop problems with it.

waluigi
waluigi
1,948 posts
Shepherd

I prefer Macs. They seem to be a lot more user friendly with almost everything being easy to find. Plus, they are less susceptible to viruses, so that makes them all the better.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

PCs are what I like. Cheaper and if they break easier to fix.

Showing 211-225 of 276