ForumsThe TavernMac vs PC

276 41514
mrboss
mrboss
41 posts
Nomad

i like PC a LOT better than Mac

Reason: my dad has a Mac and i think it is a lot harder to use than PC.

• 276 Replies
waluigi
waluigi
1,948 posts
Shepherd

That is a drawback of Macs. They aren't so easy to fix, and even if you know how, apple doesn't sell many individual parts, so its a lose-lose situation if your mac breaks.

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

That's why Macs don't break 0__0
\\

Macs break just as often as PCs. Their software might be less susceptible to viruses, but their hardware is identical and thus has the same rate of malfunction.
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Just don't drop your computer unless it has an SSD.

Macs are nice, PCs are nice. I like them both for their different features. I think PCs are a bit more user friendly though.

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

@Reton

I was about to list a bunch of software as you did, but I got lazy.

That's why Macs don't break 0__0

You sound like a defensive fanboy.
Zaork
Zaork
439 posts
Nomad

I'm using a Mac right now. I would have stuck with a PC but my future rests on my ability to use Macs. I prefer PCs but that might just be because I have always used them.

cptbignuts12
cptbignuts12
709 posts
Nomad

Macs just a computer for me. I like Dell's Inspiron. I was the first one I got.

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

The only difference is the opperating system. And I would say they are equal in that, except for that there are more windows OSs in use thus there are more viruses and more chances for bugs to show up.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

except for that there are more windows OSs in use thus there are more viruses and more chances for bugs to show up.

It could be good to have many OSs. It would mean your trying to keep up with the times, stay ahead of hackers, but then again a new OS usually just brings about new loopholes for hacking.
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

but then again a new OS usually just brings about new loopholes for hacking.

Thats why linux is better. It actually gets better and doesn't just stack new code on top of the old.
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

You can go to any computer manufacturer and get a computer with new intel processors, and if its a PC manufacturer its cheaper than a Mac.

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

Alot of PCs dont have them though, thats the point I'm trying to make.

I just went to Dells website, they have 44 desktops that come standard with core i3,5,7 along with 22 laptops. Thats just one PC maker. As for the Xeon, it is about equal(the ones apple sells only in the Mac Pro) to the high end core i7s. Also just for fun I took a Dell Studio XPS 9100 and a Mac Pro and tried to make them equal parts. I found I can make the XPS a better computer for $3000 less than the Mac.
Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

I think PC's are a lot better than macs for gaming purposes.

cptbignuts12
cptbignuts12
709 posts
Nomad

Check this out. I just found it someplace.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

The reasons Macs are so expensive is because of their OS and all of the features it contains. Yes they overprice all of the stuff but if you get everything at its lowest price then it's an O.K deal.

sourwatermelon96
sourwatermelon96
7 posts
Nomad

Macs are pretty expensive, I own one, but I think it's worth it. I've had a few PCs and they all ended up running horribly and I just didn't like the way they were set up. I personally prefer Macs, but ya know, it's just my opinion. But I do hate a lot about owning a Mac, there's a lot of things I can't do. I used to play Sims 2 on my PC, and when I got a Mac instead, I can't even play my games anymore. If I wanted to play them on my Mac, I'd have to go and buy all new copies of the Mac version. They are hard to find and it'd cost me a LOT. Sooo, I guess there's those disadvantages.

Showing 226-240 of 276