ForumsThe TavernMac vs PC

276 41566
mrboss
mrboss
41 posts
Nomad

i like PC a LOT better than Mac

Reason: my dad has a Mac and i think it is a lot harder to use than PC.

• 276 Replies
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Dell Tablet

HP Tablet

$800 difference.

Just depends on what you look at.

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

The most expensive HP is roughly equal to the Dell for about $60 less.

IcyIndia
IcyIndia
1,344 posts
Nomad

Macs are better for people who don't know how to use a computer. Overall, Apple has better graphics and is very user-friendly. A Mac computer can perform simple tasks.

PCs have worse graphics and is a bit more difficult to use, but PCs are good for hard stuff- like making computer games. I think these computers are for people who are very, very experienced with computers.

cptbignuts12
cptbignuts12
709 posts
Nomad

PV all the way here too. Macs are expensive and i just plain hate apple

cptbignuts12
cptbignuts12
709 posts
Nomad

I meant PC not PV. what the heck would PV stand for?

Tassel
Tassel
42 posts
Nomad

PC all the way, i have soooo bad luck with macs, my ipod doesn't work on macs. all my awsome computer skills with PC's are gone because they are Nothing alike. i always have problems using macs. i'm just gonna stick with PC's.
~Tassel

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

PC + Windows =
Blue screen of death
lag
crappy graphics
customer service provides you with a 40 year old Indian that only speaks half english
FAIL

Only if you have zero idea of how to use a computer do you get BSoD(normally), and of course Macs can have serious errors too. The lag thing is also present in both types if you don't know what you are doing. Oh and Mac and PC have equal graphics, well mostly, higher end PCs actually have the best graphics.
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

No, I know how to use both great, but I have a lot more problems with PC, especially freezing and things like that.

If you are having problems like that you don't know what you're doing. Being able to use a computer is only half of it. You have to know how it works too.
cptbignuts12
cptbignuts12
709 posts
Nomad

with macs don't have windows and I don't like that. and if you want windows on your mac you have to buy it. so I like PC

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

This is why PCs are better than Macs, maybe.

But the commercial is pretty interesting if you took a gander at it.

I've been familiar with PCs all my life so if I do come across a Mac I feel like it's an alien and I go experimenting with it for hours or even days.

mordecai1031
mordecai1031
156 posts
Nomad

this argument is pointless... mac basically sucks nuts...
you can do everything a mac can do on a PC. the only reason people buy macs is that they dont know how to work a bloody computer

vance199510
vance199510
32 posts
Nomad

[quote]PCs are horrible *cough vista cough*, i have the newest MacBook with snow leopard and its beast. There is no problem with flash games on a mac, the problem is the browser (Firefox isn't the best browser with flash games) PCs are just ugly, macs are more sleek and smaller. The idea of a dock that holds all of your apps is beast, and for the guy that said his iPod doesn't work on a mac, that makes no sense how can an apple product not work with another apple product it's either your iTunes is out of date or there is something wrong with your iPod cause my ipod was activated on a PC and it works fine with my mac. That's what I think.

vance199510
vance199510
32 posts
Nomad

yea that wasn't supposed to be a quote my bad

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Different computers, different software, different manufactures, different markets. As long as Windows remains the dominant platform for video games I shall remain attached to it.

Showing 196-210 of 276