ForumsThe TavernOne Million Posts

267 34758
knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Just a day ago or two, I noticed that this community reached the one million post milestone. It has been just over 2 1/2 years since this site was put up.

Now I want to know what do you think about this? In your opinion is this a good thing? Do you care or not? Or does this remind you of spam?

• 267 Replies
TonyN66
TonyN66
29 posts
Nomad

AG gotr a million? I remember last time I was on AG, it was December '09. o_o

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Well, the newbs don't really know much. Being harsh and blaming them won't solve either.

I thought the whole point of newbs was to have someone to be mean to and blame for everything....

seems like everyone lied to me when i was a newb. those selfish jerks...
XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

I thought the whole point of newbs was to have someone to be mean to and blame for everything....

if we do that they will just leave.

The rules are reasonable, but you must follow them, or you will be punished. There's no democracy here.

its not that they want to break the rules its that they just don't know them. we need to force the rules on them in a better way.....
chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

It dosen't surprise me that the newcomers form gets about 9 posts per topic since most of the threads are people welcoming other people and then it gets locked.

I mostly post in the Tavern since the topics are more interesting to me. I also posted a lot in the popular media when the battle of the shows was still going on.

BlooodBath
BlooodBath
44 posts
Viceroy

i think it's great in a way, showing that the commynity is growing, however, i would not put too much pride into it, because then people will post more for the sake of posting to get to 2M posts!

vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

I'm thinking that you are following the term "noob" not newb. Newbs are new people who just joined a site. Noobs are...well, I don't know how to put it. But yeah...
its not that they want to break the rules its that they just don't know them. we need to force the rules on them in a better way.....

Telling them to follow the rules nicely?
snipershot325
snipershot325
844 posts
Nomad

LOLZ ive only posted 95 forums

vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

At least 95/96 is much better than zero you know.

1,855 posts
Nomad

101 posts and 1500 AP that fast is not slow at all.

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

Telling them to follow the rules nicely?

by that point they have already broken a rule, we need to tell them before they break one
knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

LOLZ ive only posted 95 forums

Please know the difference between posts, forums and threads, unless you want to be ridiculed. I beg of you.

101 posts and 1500 AP that fast is not slow at all.

Who said it was slow?

AG gotr a million? I remember last time I was on AG, it was December '09. o_o

No, not really. If that was true, you'd already be kicked out. ;D

i think it's great in a way, showing that the commynity is growing, however, i would not put too much pride into it, because then people will post more for the sake of posting to get to 2M posts!

Only the morons would do that, and the morons will be punished.

My message was for the more annoying newcomers. I'm aware that most are merely ignorant of the rules. Though those who have been on other online message boards and those mature enough should for the most part know what is expected of them.
vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

We're gonna get there eventually....
1,855 posts
Nomad

We're gonna get there eventually....

Wow dats a small post. I think we'll get there pretty soon, considering that it's summer time.
XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

Wow dats a small post. I think we'll get there pretty soon, considering that it's summer time.

maybe we should set a goal for posts this summer.
vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

You're not gonna reach 2mil posts this Summer. Probably year or so. But we are going to get a pretty good amount of posts overall this Summer. Since most of us are out of school. Winter, it would decrease but there would be something. At least we get something, better than nothing...

Showing 166-180 of 267