ForumsThe TavernOne Million Posts

267 34801
knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Just a day ago or two, I noticed that this community reached the one million post milestone. It has been just over 2 1/2 years since this site was put up.

Now I want to know what do you think about this? In your opinion is this a good thing? Do you care or not? Or does this remind you of spam?

• 267 Replies
Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

I think it is a great thing, even though many people spam.

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Hmm..

Checking recent trends, unless there's an impressive surge in activity, we'll never reach two million soon.

From May 14 to June 18, we've seen around 35k posts made.

i guess 450 is a bit optimistic, thats expecting alot of people join, (witch may or may not happen)

Very optimistic. I expect 25-50% of that figure.

maybe we should set a goal for posts this summer.

Why?

I've gotten almost 200 in the two days I was out of school. Bahahahaha lol.

And?

Nope. Completely wrong. The newbies will post on the forums. But they'll post little four word posts. For example, this guy is about to run out of games to spam, and he's gonna go to the to the forums to get AP and spam it up, making the mods lock the threads, and therefore, stopping a LOT of posts from other people.

Huh? You can't make plain assumptions that a person who rated every game is a spammer or a troll. Hey, you can even make good comments for every single game you rate.

It's not like someone is planning to invade this site.

Why can't we just auto-direct users that have signed up to the help page and forum rules page, and make the community button bigger?

No site ever really does that, unless the entire site itself is a message board. Though I think that the TaC must be displayed upon registration.

I hate forum games, they aren't that fun, and not worth the time because of no Armor Points.

I have a slight antipathetic feeling towards you. You don't have a sense of fun (Forum Games section is fun) and you apparently are addicted to AP. Why would AP be more addictive than Kongregate achievements?

Too much spam.

if newbies are spamming the forums we can brain wash them to do what we say, and we don't ask much of them, 7 words per post relating to the topic. I think most of them can make that happen at least. unless they are just here for ap

o_o

We? Huh?
vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

Huh? You can't make plain assumptions that a person who rated every game is a spammer or a troll. Hey, you can even make good comments for every single game you rate.

It's not like someone is planning to invade this site.

True, but it can't be everyone who does that. Sadly, most if the people don't do that. They rate and comment on every game and just leave....
I have a slight antipathetic feeling towards you. You don't have a sense of fun (Forum Games section is fun) and you apparently are addicted to AP. Why would AP be more addictive than Kongregate achievements?

Too much spam.

Exactly, the forum games are for fun. Good place to relax, and go on Count to 100, RPGs, etc..., AP is just armatars and ranks, I know AP was to attract more users on here. But there isn't really a point in it. And you'd gain up eventually, focusing on AP all the time isn't good. I've said this about 100 times, AP isn't your life...
We? Huh?

Feeling that lazy mood? XD
knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Feeling that lazy mood? XD

The way XVERB put it, it sounds like we're running some serious operation here.

True, but it can't be everyone who does that. Sadly, most if the people don't do that. They rate and comment on every game and just leave...

I know. Most people are lazy, but few actually feel the need to post everywhere.

I'm quite surprised people are addicted to AP.
vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

The way XVERB put it, it sounds like we're running some serious operation here.

Haha, lolz.
I know. Most people are lazy, but few actually feel the need to post everywhere.

Correct.
I'm quite surprised people are addicted to AP.

I'm not really surprised. If there is a site with a point system with it, there's somebody out there, just focusing on gaining on points. So, it's not really surprising. Well, to me it isn't. Only if we find out a way to convince them to not care about AP. Though it would be hard to convince them...That's the sad yet bad thing...
knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

I know that someone will always be addicted. Though I find the quantity of people who are addicted to a points system that doesn't offer many rewards (in comparison to other sites).

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Im glad to have contributed at least a quarter of a percent of those points

vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

Even though, the points system doesn't offer many rewards. The person, would spam for either getting the top 100 or number 1. They just want to be the best or be cool with a bunch of points when they aren't cool. Some just want to &quotollute" the site with spam. Like some users from another site, go on this site in which they hate, and they just want to ruin it...

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Bragging rights.

People love to to brag over virtual points. Even if they aren't technically bragging, they still love to compete.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

sorry everyone meant &quotosts" not &quotoints" that probably clears up whole discussion and sets it back on track...right?...Hello?...AHHH! NO ONE CARES WHAT I SAY!

vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

I know you can brag sometimes. But it gets really a annoying, like somebody with a higher amount of posts say to you, Hey punk, I have more posts than, you...hahhahahahahahahahaha...It really gets annoying...though nobody said that right in front of me...

I would like a competition with a person who isn't a braggart. For example you lose the competition is the other guy doesn't brag a lot, he'd guy, hey man, though, I won, good job, it was a fun competition. I like a person like instead of, ha ha haha ha, you lost I won, look who's better, Me!!!!!!!

vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

Damn my post was messed up, I meant,

For example you lose the competition and the

And

he'd say

Fix'd. XD
knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

It does. Especially when the weaker ones are being picked upon.

On another note, you'll never reach me.

vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

Note: Oh yes I will, jking. =D no really I will, jking! =D

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Seeing as this thread has finally subsided, I'd like to thank everyone who posted here. I didn't expect the response generated (I should of.) One million, woot!

In case these forums ever hit the two million mark, I'll be sure to notice. To be realistic though, that would require a massive surge in activity. I'm guessing AG 3.0 will be unrolled before we can ever reach two million.

And......

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/5844/forumstatsjune232010w25.png

Showing 196-210 of 267