ForumsPopular MediaThe Book of Eli

36 7055
1,855 posts
Nomad

This is the most amazing movie EVER! Please, if you haven't seen it yet, GO TO THE MOVIE STORE AND GET IT! This thread was posted for people to make comments on the movie, AND to rate it out of 5 stars. Please make a comment so this thread isn't considered spam and locked, I just want to see who actually reads what the thread is about. If you haven't heard of the movie yet, it is about (as quoted on the back of the DVD)

Eli walks alone in post - apocalyptic America. He heads west along the highway of Death on a mission he doesn't fully understand but knows he must complete. In his backpack is the last copy of a book that could become the wellspring of a revived society. Or in the wrong hands, the hammer of a despot. Denzel Washington is Eli, who keeps his blade sharp and his survival instincts sharper as his quest thrusts him into a savage wasteland... and into explosive conflict with a resourceful warlord (Gary Oldman) set on possessing the book. "We walk by faith, not by sight," quotes Eli, under the taut direction of the Hughes Brothers (Menace ll Society), those words hit home with unexpected meaning and power.

It is rated R for some brutal violence (every good movie needs some) and language (they say the 'F' word like 5 times)

I'm not gonna say anymore about the movie, except that this is the greatest movie known to man.

My rating (out of five stars) *****/***** most definitely.

Shawn Edwards from Fox TV says "Denzel Washington is at the top of his game."

I say that this was an unbelievable movie, with great acting, intense battle scenes, and amazingly real situations.
  • 36 Replies
1,855 posts
Nomad

Also, here are some scenes from the movie. I love this film, and I think you will too.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

This looks like a pitiful excuse for a movie. On the surface, it looks cool, but closely looked at it is bound to be horrible.

Rotten Tomatoes Reviews for The Book of Eli

1,855 posts
Nomad

This looks like a pitiful excuse for a movie. On the surface, it looks cool, but closely looked at it is bound to be horrible.

Jesus christ dude, it's an awesome movie. You've never seen it, so you don't have to hate on it, idiot. Watch it and THEN you can hate on it. This is for people to rate it out of five, AND give comments on it. Not just say "It sucks" and give a link to a site where people rate the movie without watching it.
Falcon4415
Falcon4415
130 posts
Shepherd

Ok so Denzel Washington crosses America by foot to deliver the book. WTF? The story doesn't make any sense: why does he know how to fight, being a _____ ? Why can he read it? What did he smoke to hear that voice telling him what to do? - My father, who is a good-cinema lover, said: Why did he get into that crap? - The answer: His son is producing, dad.

Falcon4415
Falcon4415
130 posts
Shepherd

Oh I forgot
2/5, at least we get to see him owning a group of bastards on his way.
Note that I am avoiding spoilers. I think everibody should do the same.

1,855 posts
Nomad

He can read because he was in the world (like our time now) before it had a nuclear war and the ozone layer burnt off, letting the sun destroy everything. But he survived, and after thirty winters as he said, of course he knows how to fight.

People who haven't seen the movie probably don't understand what the ---- I'm talking about. That's because you need to see the movie.

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

I give it a 4.5. I saw it the day it came out. I thought uit was full of action and it had a great story line.

Trumpetfury
Trumpetfury
615 posts
Nomad

i have not seen it yet, but it looks like a great movie. but my cousin (cusefan666) already told me about wat you find out at the end about Eli. lol

1,855 posts
Nomad

Hahaha nice ;P I guess he's not an angel after all, huh? Hahaha

3/5 there was great action but it was a religious movie and with that book now people will be stupid again. We'd be so much more advanced without religion.

Wow. Seriously? Did you not see all the other books on the shelf when he put it on there? There just weren't any christian bibles. There were Muslim bibles, and budhist, etc.
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

It looks so awesome! I wanna watch the whole movie!

angryvegetarian
angryvegetarian
40 posts
Peasant

I'd give it a 3/5. The 3 only because it kept me from being completely bored for a couple of hours. The only good thing in that movie was Gary Oldman. But everything else I found pretty lame. I'm not bashing it, trolling, or trying to aggravate the TS (who clearly loves the movie), I just really don't think it's a good movie.

And out of curiosity, what do you mean by "amazingly real situations?"

AboutAPlaneCrash
AboutAPlaneCrash
268 posts
Nomad

I agree, I actually just watched this too days ago. It's amazing that he's blind and kills all those guys! It's also really cool that he reads "The Book" everyday and remembers it all and tells it to the guy and the end! It was a really great movie and I really enjoyed it.
...Also the girl with him is HOT.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

I think he is related to daredevil. certainly kicks*** like him.

1,855 posts
Nomad

And out of curiosity, what do you mean by "amazingly real situations?"

I mean that if the world was destroyed to that point, people would be like that. As in the raiders, and people would eat each other for food, stuff like that.
AboutAPlaneCrash
AboutAPlaneCrash
268 posts
Nomad

and people would eat each other for food

OMG, those two old people were hilarious! And they even kept guns under there couch.. lol.
Showing 1-15 of 36