ForumsPopular MediaThe Book of Eli

36 7054
1,855 posts
Nomad

This is the most amazing movie EVER! Please, if you haven't seen it yet, GO TO THE MOVIE STORE AND GET IT! This thread was posted for people to make comments on the movie, AND to rate it out of 5 stars. Please make a comment so this thread isn't considered spam and locked, I just want to see who actually reads what the thread is about. If you haven't heard of the movie yet, it is about (as quoted on the back of the DVD)

Eli walks alone in post - apocalyptic America. He heads west along the highway of Death on a mission he doesn't fully understand but knows he must complete. In his backpack is the last copy of a book that could become the wellspring of a revived society. Or in the wrong hands, the hammer of a despot. Denzel Washington is Eli, who keeps his blade sharp and his survival instincts sharper as his quest thrusts him into a savage wasteland... and into explosive conflict with a resourceful warlord (Gary Oldman) set on possessing the book. "We walk by faith, not by sight," quotes Eli, under the taut direction of the Hughes Brothers (Menace ll Society), those words hit home with unexpected meaning and power.

It is rated R for some brutal violence (every good movie needs some) and language (they say the 'F' word like 5 times)

I'm not gonna say anymore about the movie, except that this is the greatest movie known to man.

My rating (out of five stars) *****/***** most definitely.

Shawn Edwards from Fox TV says "Denzel Washington is at the top of his game."

I say that this was an unbelievable movie, with great acting, intense battle scenes, and amazingly real situations.
  • 36 Replies
1,855 posts
Nomad

On topic. Rotten tomatoes, or any other critic sh** is stupid. Go watch the movie and criticize it yourself.

Exactly. I hate it when people rate this movie badly just because their friend doesn't like it. Or critics don't like it.

The reason they were closed were because snipershot necroed most of them.

I saw that
KingOfAges
KingOfAges
5 posts
Nomad

It is my new favorite movie. It reminds me of Fallout 3. It pwns, ya gotta watch it!

1,855 posts
Nomad

Yeah it does pwn. People need to quit saying it sucks without even seeing it!

snipershot325
snipershot325
844 posts
Nomad

Sounds like an awesome movie!Can't wait to see it it got pretty good reviews and a rating,so it looks good.

snipershot325
snipershot325
844 posts
Nomad

i wanted to see in theatres ,it looked like a good movie!I think ill rent it! XD

Yes,I still didnt see the movie...D:
Showing 31-35 of 36