ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4717834
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
Nomad2010
Nomad2010
73 posts
Nomad

My favorite "old-ish" type of game was the original Super Smash Bros. If you haven't played it, it's one of the following reasons.

A.) You never had a Nintendo 64.
B.) You were too young (I wasn't even born yet! lol.)
C.) A & B
D.) If none are associated with the letters, then you missed out on a lot.
The 64 had a lot of revolutionary games, such as some of the first rated M games (Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day), platformers (Yoshi's Story, Super Mario 64), fighting (Super Smash Bros., Pokemon Stadium (series)), racing (Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Kart 64) and more. All-in-all, it pretty impressive.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I never had a Nintendo 64, the end. D: I had a PS1.

Oh, X-Com's an excellent game. DOS is awesome. I've heard about three of those DOS games because I had a phase of playing retro games and abandonware.

snipershot325
snipershot325
844 posts
Nomad

Kewl!Mario kart is awesome!I have it for Ds and N64 and beat the game on both!

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Wow... Mario Kart... that takes me back. I remember when the original Mario Kart was released. (insert age joke here)

And about DOS, when I first started using computers that's all there was. I didn't even use a GUI until I was in middle school. (insert more offensive age joke here)

When I hear you kids talking about PSone and Xbox it blows me away. My first console was an atari, then an NES when they were first released.

SashaH
SashaH
138 posts
Nomad

My first console was a GameBoy, I didn't play it too often though.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

And about DOS, when I first started using computers that's all there was. I didn't even use a GUI until I was in middle school. (insert more offensive age joke here)

DOS. How nice are command lines..

Well Walker, you've been around for much longer than we have. Most people here usually talk about having had fifth generation consoles first because of their ages. The only people who talk of earlier consoles, are the older ones among us.

Atari? Atari 2600?
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

I grew up with Super Nintendo. This HAD to be the golden age of Nintendo. This is when Final Fantasy was still raw and good, and when the heralded Chrono Trigger roamed the lands. This was when the best Donkey Kong Country (3) game came out and everyone had a rip-snortin' good time with it. It was just so...so great!

And since the Mario Kart subject is still up, I'm going to bandwagon and say "F ing BLUE SHELLS!". I like the DS and the 64 games but not the Wii game. ESPECIALLY the Wii game.

escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

"Atari? Atari 2600?"
That thing was awesome for its time
asteroids was a good game
and when atari collapsed people thought it was the end of video games!
Luckily they were wrong... (or unluckily I don't know)

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

DOS. How nice are command lines..

I loved DOS. It never crashed, it always did exactly what it was supposed to do, and my parents had no idea how it worked Life was good.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

I loved DOS. It never crashed, it always did exactly what it was supposed to do, and my parents had no idea how it worked Life was good.

I had MS-DOS for Scorched Earth, Doom2, and Duke Nukem 3D. Those were great childhood years
jack28
jack28
75 posts
Nomad

I just joined yesterday and i have a lot so i think im doing pretty good

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

Yeah anyway isnt it about time to change the topic?

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

I've never played Pokemon.

Anyone else got a videogame related confession?

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

N64 one was a fun one to play and still is. I play it every so often.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Well we aren't talking about Mario and I'm fine continuing talk about retro games.

I had MS-DOS for Scorched Earth, Doom2, and Duke Nukem 3D. Those were great childhood years

All excellent game. Duke Nukem Forever!

I grew up with Super Nintendo. This HAD to be the golden age of Nintendo. This is when Final Fantasy was still raw and good, and when the heralded Chrono Trigger roamed the lands. This was when the best Donkey Kong Country (3) game came out and everyone had a rip-snortin' good time with it. It was just so...so great!

The PS1 was more of my time. Nintendo vs. Sega rivalry. I find it ironic that Nintendo actually introduced Sony to the video game world. I have to thank Nintendo for that.
Showing 1666-1680 of 9738