ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4713389
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Looney Toons ftw.

It's virtually the same things.
But it's awesome either way.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

It's so unfortunate that future generations won't get to experience the magic that was looney toons. That elmer fudd commercial was on yesterday, and this kid next to me goes, who is that? It was so sad.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

What are you talking about future generations? You guys ARE a future generation as far as looney toons is concerned! In fact we all are. Looney Toons started out back in the 1930s or 1940s if I remember right. They've been around forever and I doubt they will go anywhere. I think we'll have Looney Toons for another 30-50 years.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

It's so unfortunate that future generations won't get to experience the magic that was looney toons. That elmer fudd commercial was on yesterday, and this kid next to me goes, who is that? It was so sad.

How old is that kid?

What are you talking about future generations? You guys ARE a future generation as far as looney toons is concerned! In fact we all are. Looney Toons started out back in the 1930s or 1940s if I remember right. They've been around forever and I doubt they will go anywhere. I think we'll have Looney Toons for another 30-50 years.

Are you sure there WILL be future generations?
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

@MRWalker I sure hope that the Looney Tunes stays around as long as you predict. Because then that would be awesome.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Are you sure there WILL be future generations?

Pretty sure. I have the next generation crawling all over me while I sit here typing this, the dang rugrats...
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Pretty sure. I have the next generation crawling all over me while I sit here typing this, the dang rugrats...

If your that old, that would be OUR generation, so I wouldn't consider it future.

There will be new "awful" pop-culture icons, like Miley Cyrus
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

If your that old, that would be OUR generation, so I wouldn't consider it future.

Not quite that old. My oldest child is nearly 7, so she's quite a few years behind most of you, and my youngest is just barely 1. Hopefully Miley Cyrus and Justine Beiber (yes I know I spelled with an 'e' that was intentional) will be past the time where anyone can stand them anymore by the time my kids start getting into popular culture.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Not quite that old. My oldest child is nearly 7, so she's quite a few years behind most of you, and my youngest is just barely 1. Hopefully Miley Cyrus and Justine Beiber (yes I know I spelled with an 'e' that was intentional) will be past the time where anyone can stand them anymore by the time my kids start getting into popular culture.

We need to stop paying expenses towards pop culture and start focusing on the world around us...start opening our eyes...
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

How old is that kid?

He was 7 or 8 atleast.

@Walker

What I mean is that when I was younger, looney toons could be found playing daily on CN and there were special events on various channels, Saturday morning cartoons consisted of them, etc.

Now days, the only looney toons you get or on some days on CN, and on Boomerang which doesn't even come as a standard channel.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Well, classic cartoons are more of a niche thing these days, being replaced and stuff. The re-runs have already been mostly done away with. D:

Though of course we'll still have the old classics with us next generation. Warner Bros., Hanna-Barbera, Disney etc. It's up to those kids to discover them.

More pop culture symbols....

Alright, I'll move away from cartoons for a while. Something iconic..

The Beatles.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Well I'm out...I know next to nothing about any music.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

Alright, I'll move away from cartoons for a while. Something iconic..

No one said you could do that. :P

The Beatles.

Yellow Submarine.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

No one said you could do that. :P

Alright..

I don't really know much about The Beatles either?

Are the Simpsons iconic?
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Simpsons are definitely iconic, although in my opinion the quality has dropped over the years. What about Futurama "Bite my shin metal ass!" will forever be preserved in my memory.

Showing 1066-1080 of 9738