ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4713535
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

Mythbusters. Oh, I love that show. Jamie Hyneman's funny.

I love mythbusters!! i am suprised at how long that show has been running. usually shows like that will end after a season or two
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

The mythbusters are extremely popular, they even did a cameo in a CSI Las Vegas episode.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

@XVERB

Seven years.

For something to be considered a pop culture icon it has to be well known throughout society as a whole, it has to personify something and it also needs to be recognizable.

Things which cater to a specific niche can't be called pop culture icons.

escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

Mythbusters are awesome!

The guy who wrote "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"
Off topic Question but is that a good book? I might want to read it....
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Mythbusters are indeed awesome, there is nothing more entertaining about science that explosions

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

Mythbusters

I disagree with many of their methods, but as I don't have the resources to do any of those experiments on my own, I just have to be content with watching them blow things up.

Explosions always make things more interesting.
Cool guys don't look at explosions though. D:

Sorry about that ^ I couldn't help myself.
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Bill Gates? No? Maybe? Yes? I think so. He's awesome ish. Millionare ish. So if we say him I say Donald Trump.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Really the dude from SNL? What about the MB methods don't you agree with?

Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

I agree I really enjoy watching Mythbusters! Hmm but right now I'm watching game shows. What's this talk about SNL?

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

Really the dude from SNL?

I just put that song because it was related to my comment.

What about the MB methods don't you agree with?

They assume too much and leave a lot to be tested. My main issues are with the firearm myths. Cutting down a tree with an MG? That's not even a myth! Hiram Maxim and his business partner Vickers shot down trees as a sales gimmick 80-90 years ago! Even then they still call it busted... -_-
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

sales gimmick 80-90 years ago!

So how can we say that the data from so long ago is accurate? It could be that they cut through the tree before hand. So it would look like it, but didn't actually happen. Besides maybe it's just me, but cutting down a tree with a gun sounds very iffy.
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I probably would say that Gene Simmons may be a pop icon..?

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

So how can we say that the data from so long ago is accurate? It could be that they cut through the tree before hand. So it would look like it, but didn't actually happen. Besides maybe it's just me, but cutting down a tree with a gun sounds very iffy.

They had video. Not only that, but people have done it on camera with the same weapons when making documentaries.

It's entirely possible, just not efficient.

The Mythbusters took the easy road yet again skipping from an Thompson to a Minime to a freaking chaingun.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Dude their show is about entertainment, not actual scientific research, hence the ridiculous amount of explosions.

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

Meh... Whatever. If that's the case they shouldn't be taken as seriously as they are.

I probably would say that Gene Simmons may be a pop icon..?

Since he did that season of The Apprentice he's made an undeserved comeback... I'm OK with the music, but as a person... No.
Showing 1096-1110 of 9738