ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4713715
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I would have to say that rickrolling is the most popular and widely known meme at this current juncture. I'd also like to add that it's a fantastic song. And who would have thought some little red hair and freckle faced white dude could have a voice like that? wow...

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

That's why they are called memes.

Thing's can be widespread without being overused. For instance, if ten million people each watch a youtube video, and then each make two references to that video, that could constitute a meme (twenty million references is a lot). However, the average internet citizen might only experience a few references to said video. So saying it was "overused" would be inaccurate.

But then, say each person who saw the video or a reference to said video references it again another five time. And on and on and on, until the subject gets beaten to death and people are just repeating what other people are repeating. IE rickrolling. People haven't done anything new with that for a while. It is Overused. As in used more than a meme should be used.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

When I saw Xzibit, I thought of this one:

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/035/881/original/1263595915837.jpg?1263596678

BRUSHIE BRUSHIE BRUSHIE!!!

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

http://www.youwillneverfind.us/creativeresistance07/mememe/meme%20pix/peanut-butter-jelly-time.jpg

What now?

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Wait wait, I should add right at this point that I don't want the thread to become a meme war. That said, if one person posts and another posts where it's been referenced, or a variation... that's cool.

For example: possibly my favourite moment on Family Guy to this day.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

E rickrolling. People haven't done anything new with that for a while. It is Overused.

True, but my favorite of the rickrolls was when Rick Astley himself rickrolled the Macy's Parade Classic. Pure win
escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

It's over 9000!!!
I don't know if you know this one but it was heavily overused in my school.
"Hey what did you get on your test?"
"It's over 100!"

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

What's your stupidity level?

It's over 9000!

Really, I don't see how using it like that would be funny.

Family Guy's a very funny show.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Indeed it is, over 9000 was funny for the first 1000 times, now it's just boring... Video clip is still priceless though.

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

"It's over 100!"

I think you mean "At least 100."

Indeed it is, over 9000 was funny for the first 1000 times, now it's just boring.

Depends on how you use it, I suppose. I'll try to think of something stupid enough to be funny.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Life is a good example...

I guess it depends on how you use it, but still.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Speaking of Rick Astley, I actually do appreciate how his voice sounds.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

Speaking of Rick Astley, I actually do appreciate how his voice sounds.

I kind of feel bad for him. I mean, there are a lot of bad music videos out there, but none have gotten the same level of treatment as Rick's.

I think my favorite meme* would have to be the Half life: full life consequences thing.

*Even though it's just a series of videos, it's part of a larger trend of mocking fanfictions, so I think it qualifies as a meme.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Also, the talk about Dragon Ball Z reminded me about the worst DBZ game I've ever played.

Ultimate Battle 22 for the PS1.

Horrible.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/funny-picture-lolcats-u-haz-no-girlfriend.jpg

Showing 1126-1140 of 9738