ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4180596
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
KFK
KFK
1,052 posts
Nomad

Ah, interesting.

I also prefer outdoor soccer, maybe cause I've never played futsal in my life.

Maybe care to tell me some more about futsal on my profile? *puppyface*

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I've played indoor leagues, outdoor leagues, College, and even beach soccer.

To me, beach soccer is the most fun.

halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

yeaaaaaa

soccer is really boring

tackling people is fun

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I would say my 25+ broken bones due to soccer injuries alone is not very boring.

I also had a goal keeper chase me down to the half line and punch me square in the nose.

halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

wow sad to hear that

however stuff like that just happens way more often in football

Peggster
Peggster
483 posts
Nomad

I would say my 25+ broken bones due to soccer injuries alone is not very boring.

I also had a goal keeper chase me down to the half line and punch me square in the nose.

Sure you weren't playing boxing?:L

Only injury I sustained whilst playing football was when I accidentally booted the ball straight into my face and broke my nose.lol.
halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

kickers arent even tackled or running or blocking

waluigi
waluigi
1,948 posts
Shepherd

kickers arent even tackled or running or blocking

I believe that it says "football i.e. soccer" in the title at this point (though I do agree with the statement you just made).

Anyways, I played indoor soccer for about of year, but that was in 3rd grade. Still, it was very faced paced, and being inside a gymnasium designed for basketball, a mistake could easily end up in the other team scoring a goal.

i haven't really played soccer beside that. In gym class, we had something called three ball soccer. More realistic with field size but with three balls. It was somewhat chaotic, and it was always divided into freshmen vs. everyone else, so my team would almost always lose. However, it was fun just to stand at mid-field and wait for the goalies to throw the ball(s) out there, and just pass it up to send the balls right back at them. I find soccer fun to play, but somewhat boring to watch (much like golf).
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I would say that men's soccer is pretty boring to me. It seems that when men play, they will dance around with the ball until a nice perfect view of the goal comes into play and they schwank it 10 yards to the right.

So, watch a good women's game one time. We will take 10 times as many shots on goal than a men's team. And we fight a lot more often.

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Just saw the documentary with Lineker about why England cannot win the world cup and what needs to be done to change that. Anyone else see it? I'm no Motty, but I took unusual pleasure in the use of statistics about the English game.

I would say that men's soccer is pretty boring to me. It seems that when men play, they will dance around with the ball until a nice perfect view of the goal comes into play and they schwank it 10 yards to the right.

It's funny, we think the exact same thing about girl's football. At least here in England.
KFK
KFK
1,052 posts
Nomad

however stuff like that just happens way more often in football

Well,soccer is the most "dangerous" sport in the world.
Soccer has the most injuries per match or player or something of all sports, so yeah.

It's funny, we think the exact same thing about girl's football. At least here in England.

Agreed, at least here in Sweden.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

i have always played defense on account of the fact that i do not become wussy at the prospect of tackling someone twice my size. defense is good 'cause it is a position rarely thought of as important by people so i make it my every game ambition to make the goal keeper incredibly bored

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Football(Soccer)is the king of all sports everywhere except in North America.

No, rugby union is king over here in New Zealand. No assumptions plox.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Agreed, at least here in Sweden.

I thought so. All you need to do is watch the women's world cup to know what we mean. It's like watching Sunday League.

Anyone saw the tackle that Wolves guy Karl Henry did?!?!?! people are saying that he should be banned for life.

Newcastle are appealiing, and the FA has agreed to look into it. I've always thought a fair punishment for malicious tackles like this is to ban the offending player for as long as the victim is injured. That way the punishment fits the crime perfectly.
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Well I think brett farve should be deported and that the packers need to really step it for next week and what about those Saints? Wait what? Soccer not football? Oh *******.

It was the first sport I really got into on a recreational level. My favorite position was defender because I was just no good at shooting.

Showing 2566-2580 of 9738