ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4180475
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Meh, just to clarify the term 'soccer' actually comes from the British, not the Americans, so quit harassing us Yanks for using the original British term for the sport. /rant

It's not the term we despise, but what it represents. Soccer was only invented as a term because rugby was first known as rugby football, so there needed to be something that differentiated them. Since rugby has dropped the word football from its title, the real football has claimed back its name, and the only countries who fail to acknowledge this are the ones who don't care/know much about it. At the top of that list are American soccer fans, of whom there can only be negative connotations of passionless supporters having the lyrics of chants projected onto screens, etc etc.
Peggster
Peggster
483 posts
Nomad

Now, I'd like to veer off course for a while.. I acknowledge blatant advertising is against the rules here but I would like to share this for the sake of experimentation by tracking how information spreads over the internet through the word of mouth. Here. If you feel good enough to "sign" a petition demanding more attention be focused on chronic starvation of a significant amount of the world's population, I would be appreciative. To clear this up though, no personal info is revealed, only your country, city and e-mail address. Use a disposable one if you care. In fact, I'm mainly interested in link sharing because I want to see how information is disseminated. Since I don't have many contacts online (aside from AG of course), I thought of posting this here.

Joined and posted on me Facebook. It is terrible business and they do indeed need all the help they can get.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Karl Henry, I haven't heard much since

Oh ok. Forgive me. I have been out of the country for awhile, the Newcastle story was the first I saw on BBC sport when I got back.

Same, just hope they be in Europe next season again [best I think is Europa]. And a very, very little chance of the title, which will make me laugh at their current progress.

This is a transition season. Change of manager and now owners (although I think this new lot are rather good compared to Hicks/Gillett) means you will likely finish upper mid table. Europe I'm afriad to say is a dream at the moment.
Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,079 posts
Nomad

Took a soccerball to the face once. Was painful.

Great sport though.

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

(although I think this new lot are rather good compared to Hicks/Gillett)

I have to agree. The current owners should let it go. The potential owners have at least proven themselves in the past, despite that being with another team in another sport in another country.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

I've blocked and redirected footballs with my face for too often....

Anyway I play soccer (recreationally) but the only event I'll watch is the FIFA World Cup.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Anyway I play soccer (recreationally) but the only event I'll watch is the FIFA World Cup.

That's almost the exact same thing I do with soccer. I play it occasionally with friends, and only watch FIFA.
steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

Soccer?

My team just lost the sectionals. I am a senior and will never play soccer for my school again. Worst feeling in my life.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

There's always college! Just remember that there's a ton more competition, my condolences to your destroyed team.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I am a senior and will never play soccer for my school again.

Meh, you could always come back as a teacher and get a 'Faculty League' started XD
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I am an Inter and Newcastle fan.

I am quite positive that Newcastle wont be relegated and that Inter will win the Serie A (again) this year.

ps. De Jong should be punished for his challenge. It was a wild and unnecessary offence.

KFK
KFK
1,052 posts
Nomad

@goumas13

Eh, Inter don't do nothing without Zlatan "Ibra Cadabra" Ibrahimovich or Jose Mario dos Santos Felix Mourinho (or should I say Jose Mourinho).

Worlds greatest football coach in my opinion, look what he's doing with C. Ronaldo, Mesut Ozil, Kaka, Higuian, Xabi Alonso etc. in Real Madrid.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Mourinho is a quite good coach, but he didn't have anything more to offer. He did his job, Inter won the Champions League. It was time he should go.

Zlatan is a great striker, but some times he is a bit wooden. Eto'o and Milito in my opinion are way better than him.

KFK
KFK
1,052 posts
Nomad

Zlatan should of stayed in Ajax all the way along...
Eto'o is a great player too, I just favorite Zlatan cause he's a Swede.

Inter may not do good in the CL this season, but Serie A they have a huge chance winning. Barcelona (my fave team) suffer from the loss of both Eto'o and Zlatan, and Pep Guardiola has it coming back for "kicking" both.

I have a second favorite team, Lyon. French team. I love them cause they are French, are great (they actually beat Real Madrid last year) and they have Kim Kallstrom (gotta love his 100% crosses and his wierd free kicks!).

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I agree probably Inter wont do well this year in the Champions League, but that's not a big deal. It's almost impossible winning it two years in a row.

Barcelona has now David Villa his a great striker, he will help the team a lot.

Showing 2596-2610 of 9738