ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4140145
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
SashaH
SashaH
138 posts
Nomad

So, what soccer team do you all support?I for one am Liverpool to death! *sigh* Bad luck this season.

DarkCharacter1
DarkCharacter1
11 posts
Nomad

i play for a club.

i am normally right midfield as I am more useful in crossing or through balls.

occasionally I get a goal but normally that is from corners.

now if you want to talk about watching soccer I am liverpool all the way.

they're doing OK this season but sometimes that happens

now as for it is the best sport in the whole world except for north america. i disagree. i believe australians have their own football.

it's called football.

i mean...uh...using your hands means its HANDball.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

So, what soccer team do you all support?I for one am Liverpool to death! *sigh* Bad luck this season

Well I dont really follow soccer professionally outside of the US. Even for them I know only some of their names. My friend though is a big fan of Ronaldino or was that Lionel LastNameHere?
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

it's called football.

Australian rules football
StepOnABaby
StepOnABaby
583 posts
Nomad

Replay? What do you mean by replay?

Like in the world cup the refs should be able to walk over and replay a close play, like when that one goal was obviously a goal they didn't call it, stuff like that.
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Right now, I'm rooting for Real Salt Lake. They took home the trophy last year and I'm hoping they can pull it off again(though at this point prospects are chilly). I bleed red blue and gold my friends. Red blue and gold. My favorite players on the team are Rimando(who in my opinion is a big reason RSL has such a great def) and Beckerman(he's pretty much the one that carried them to the MLS Cup).
Other than that, I got nothing.
But RLS all the way.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Flag

Right now, I'm rooting for Real Salt Lake. They took home the trophy last year and I'm hoping they can pull it off again(though at this point prospects are chilly). I bleed red blue and gold my friends. Red blue and gold. My favorite players on the team are Rimando(who in my opinion is a big reason RSL has such a great def) and Beckerman(he's pretty much the one that carried them to the MLS Cup).
i did not understand any of that!
Other than that, I got nothing.
But RLS all the way

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Uh...Efan?
Do you have something to say?
Cuz that was my post.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

woops sorry what i was trying to say was that i did not understand anything about your post and i wondered if you were talking about a different type of football.

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Hypermnestra is talking about an American professional football club from Salt Lake City, Utah that takes part in the Major Soccer League (MLS) based in the United States. Apparently they won the league's championship last year. Few of you probably don't have any idea about the team or league because soccer is relatively insignificant in the US compared to other sports and because most football/soccer fans don't really think about the US when it comes to football.

That doesn't mean that soccer/football is growing in popularity over there.

So, what soccer team do you all support?I for one am Liverpool to death! *sigh* Bad luck this season.

I hear some news about a court battle involving the current owners of Liverpool. It seems the American owner of the Boston Red Sox is planning on buying Liverpool..
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

come on guys, keep this thread active!

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Meh, just to clarify the term 'soccer' actually comes from the British, not the Americans, so quit harassing us Yanks for using the original British term for the sport. /rant

Oh, and Glasgow Celtic and F.C. Bayern-Munchen AG (yes, the 'u' is supposed to have an umlaut but I omitted it because the forums don't support the character) are my fav teams although I admittedly only watch soccer rarely, mostly because I don't have cable or anything.

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

I didn't realize that Munchen is the German name for Munich.. Ahh.. I don't have cable either MrWalker.

BackFlip
BackFlip
138 posts
Nomad

ME MWAHAHAHAHA

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Don't be all smug.

Now, I'd like to veer off course for a while.. I acknowledge blatant advertising is against the rules here but I would like to share this for the sake of experimentation by tracking how information spreads over the internet through the word of mouth. Here. If you feel good enough to "sign" a petition demanding more attention be focused on chronic starvation of a significant amount of the world's population, I would be appreciative. To clear this up though, no personal info is revealed, only your country, city and e-mail address. Use a disposable one if you care. In fact, I'm mainly interested in link sharing because I want to see how information is disseminated. Since I don't have many contacts online (aside from AG of course), I thought of posting this here.

If you don't really care at all, you best ignore.

Showing 2581-2595 of 9738