ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4718488
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
simmonz
simmonz
79 posts
Nomad

The pound stores in Britain or awful the stuff they sell is utter rubbish. But what freaks me out about it is the fact they sell 3 jars of baby food for a £. Who buys that for a baby!?

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

That's rather funny. The dollar stores here are worse.

KFK
KFK
1,051 posts
Nomad

Is it like Second Hand?
Or just very cheap stores..I don't get this. *Searches Google*

Ohh, now I get it. Many such stores here in Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe.

I just buy cheap chocolate/candy bars.

simmonz
simmonz
79 posts
Nomad

That's rather funny. The dollar stores here are worse.

It says on your profile your from New Zealand. How much is a dollar worth over there in pounds or USD if you know? Could explain why your stores are that bad...
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Currency 1 NZD is.. is 1 NZD..

American Dollar 0.742578 1.34666
British Pound 0.469008 2.13216
Euro 0.54183 1.8456

The stores sell cheap goods.. No clothes or food.. Cheap, easy to break household items, etc.

simmonz
simmonz
79 posts
Nomad

The British ones sell all kinds of things, no clothes though but it does sell tools, food, toys. The kids toys are the worst though if you ask me, they are just so tacky and they just look cheap. To be fair though it is only a pound or dollar.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Momentary topic diversion here, but do you all notice the "dead" periods of the forums? Sometimes they're just quiet for hours. I find it amusing how in the hours I've stayed up all night, some big news about AG3 came out and another forum section devoted to it was made, and barely anybody was online when it happened.

I guess it's the unfortunate time zoning but hey... We still have "dead zones", as I'd like to call them.

AG3 Confirmation

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

The only dollar store anywhere in my immediate area is a dollar tree, and I do agree with Wajor, full of rip offs. But, what do expect for just a dollar?

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

I guess it's the unfortunate time zoning but hey... We still have "dead zones", as I'd like to call them.

AG3 Confirmation

Yay, AG3 will be coming out in 2011!

Back to dollar stores.
I'm not really sure if the 99 cent store has "fresh" food items and that's why I never buy food from those type of places.
Peggster
Peggster
483 posts
Nomad

@Peggster

90 pence right? It took me a few seconds to realize that.

9TP = Nine-tea-pee. aka Ninety P which is 90 pence. Yeap.
Seems to be a few people not familiar with English currency nowadays or at least never really deal with anyone referring to it.
Damn you Euro for stealing our glory. :L
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I don't get why people shouldn't be familiar with pound and pence. Two words that are similar to dollar and cent respectively. The end.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

The nearest dollar shop in my area is Dollar Store 123. I never saw or heard of that before.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Heh, we have that store here too.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I have a good dollar store and a bad one "I don't know the names". The mostly sell cheap stuff that if it even looks good will break or not be the quality you expect after a prolonged use. But I found their "For BIG mistakes" erasers that weigh about half a kilo to be decent and after breaking and lubing a 3x3x3 cube I found it to be usable and easily replace for short periods of time.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

lubing a 3x3x3 cube

what?
**** you Euro for stealing our glory

if england had gone with the rest of Europe then England would be better off in many ways.
Showing 2461-2475 of 9738