ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4724077
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

This could probably be the first time that this thread is about 3 topics.

On topic though, why on earth would you want to get animals drunk?

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Animals were getting themselves drunk off of an overripe fruit. And as for why, I'd imagine that the fruit tastes good and they like the way it makes them feel. Same reasons we get drunk.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I've missed a lot...
Anyway, humans are animals. Therefore humans can = drunk animals.
I'll come back when i've read some more pages.

djfinalmix
djfinalmix
196 posts
Nomad

Who lives in a pineapple underthesea?

Wet and absorbent and porous is he;

if nautical nonsense is something you wish,

then plop on the deck and flop like a fish!
Ready?

Spongebob squarepants, Spongebob squarepants, Spongebob squarepannnts!!!

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Anyway, humans are animals. Therefore humans can = drunk animals

This is casual conversation. You know in such contexts, animal refers to creatures non-human.
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

[quote]Anyway, humans are animals. Therefore humans can = drunk animals
This is casual conversation. You know in such contexts, animal refers to creatures non-human.[/quote]
Intresting, always thought of this, although when people said that we are just "animals" I always believed them. This is a bit of a brain teaser, are we really considered animals?
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

are we really considered animals?

Absolutely. Any creature classified in the kingdom animalia is considered an animal.
djfinalmix
djfinalmix
196 posts
Nomad

Animal? I thought we were more like mammals

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Homo Sapiens' Order is Primates ( see monkeys, apes etc.), ergo yes humans are animals.
Humans have though -supposedly- some positive aspects of nature and character regarded as distinguishing humans from other animals.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

some positive aspects of nature and character regarded as distinguishing humans from other animals.

The ability to create international gaming websites with diverse forums, for example.
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

We are both animals and mammals simultaneously.
Mammals is just a Class of animals, characterized by a covering of hair on the skin and, in the female, milk-producing mammary glands for nourishing the young.

The ability to create international gaming websites with diverse forums, for example.

Good example.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Mammals are animals too, belonging to the taxonomic class Mammalia.

Humans have though -supposedly- some positive aspects of nature and character regarded as distinguishing humans from other animals.

I say, our ability to harness and exploit our surroundings at an apparently unprecedented level compared to other creatures we are aware of that have inhabited this planet is one of the things which set us apart.

I was hoping this topic wouldn't be steered towards content which belongs to the WEPR.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

I was hoping this topic wouldn't be steered towards content which belongs to the WEPR.

Yeah I was reading the 2 pages before this and seriously don't know how that got steered into this...there was no instantaneous switch of the content, it just sort of morphed into this.

We are both animals and mammals simultaneously.

I should make a story that includes egg-producing female humans that, when hatched, create children about...5 years of age to where they could eat and survive on their own without any mammary glands. I'm gonna...work on that sometime.

And since part of this is about drunken animals...What is nip to a cat? Is it a hallucinogen to them?
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I should make a story that includes egg-producing female humans that, when hatched, create children about...5 years of age to where they could eat and survive on their own without any mammary glands. I'm gonna...work on that sometime.

They have to be hairless too. Or have feathers.

On the topic of drunken animals; there are St. Kitts' alcoholic monkeys. Studies have found that the percentage of alcoholism in these monkeys matches the percentage of the human population .
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

the percentage of alcoholism in these monkeys matches the percentage of the human population.

Yeah, take that creationists! There is common interests
Showing 4156-4170 of 9738