ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4722882
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I wouldn't trust a $60 tablet, seems like it would be a little too cheaply made.

What brand and price range should I trust then?
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Frankly, I wouldn't trust a $60 tablet, seems like it would be a little too cheaply made.

Not really. Wacom's Bamboo Pen costs a mere $69 as displayed on the company's US site. Sure it's basic, but it's not poor quality. If you want anything extra such as programs or a larger pen surface, you'll have to dish out more money. The one I bought was the Bamboo Pen and Touch. It's costs slightly more but it's basically the same thing except for the touchpad capabilities.

If you have more money you could get one of the Intuos tablets. That's if you're serious about art and design.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

It does depend on the brand name though, Wacomb is fairly well known, I would trust one of there products. Other companies however, I would not.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

I would like a tablet, because I bought Photoshop together with flash in a discounted student pack but now it's not so useful if I keep drawing with the mouse...

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Why does everyone seem to be using the Bunny-Armatar recently? What the buck?

My cousin got the whole-burrito for about 600 USD. However, Microsoft payed for it, so...

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Tablet seems like a waste of money for me. If $60 is a cheap one, that is.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

For those who are artists, or simply enjoy digital drawing, a tablet is much easier to use than mouse.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Well how much does a good one cost?

Also, I like to hand draw much more...

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

These are good tablets for beginning artists anyway.

I want one DX they aren't too expensive.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Well, I wouldn't advise getting a professional tablet, unless you're making a living out of digital art. Intuos is Wacom's more pricey range of tablets. I recommend Bamboo. Just click on Pazx's link.

Well how much does a good one cost?

The basic ones are inherently bad, they just lack all those nice features such as extra buttons, better sensors, higher pressure levels, larger physical pen space, added software and so on.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

The basic ones aren't inherently bad,

Fixed.

Knight, do you find your tablet big enough? I'm considering buying it or the Pen.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Knight, do you find your tablet big enough? I'm considering buying it or the Pen.

Thanks for correcting me. I do find my tablet appropriately sized. I'd like it to be bigger, but I'm in no rush. I suggest you get the Bamboo Fun. That's what Soap has.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

You seem to forget I'm quite short on cash. However I would love it XD I'd probably go for Pen&Touch for Photoshop.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Pen & Touch has Photoshop? Eh, I have a Pen & Touch by the way and it didn't come with Photoshop.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Your short on cash, and it comes with photoshop...

I'm confused.

Showing 5506-5520 of 9738