ForumsGamesColony v6.0 Patch Notes

236 54400
Krin
Krin
129 posts
Nomad

Hi! I've been working on Colony v6.0 and we're doing some testing and technical things now. It should be out really soon. Anyway, here are the notes:

Anti-Hacking
New features are being added into 6.0 to make it harder for hackers. Using more server-side code so that it's not easy to breach, and also you will automatically be de-synced from a hacker if the game thinks that he is hacking.

Friends List
Added a friend list feature. You can add friends by user name, so you can see whenever they come online, chat with them directly whether you are in a game or in the lobby, and also you can block users.

Balance Changes
Influence Cap raised to 200.
Prides: Now cost 40 Influence, up from 35.
Gladiator: Price reduced. Weapon range and damage increased slightly.
Sakata Spider: Price slightly reduced. Range, speed and HP slightly increased.
Meditec: Now takes slightly few seconds to deploy.

New In-Game Commands

/add [username]
Adds that player to your friends list.

/remove [username]
Removes that player from your friends list.

/friendlist
Displays a list of all your added friends, and shows whether they are online, offline, or blocked.

/block [username]
Block that player from sending you private messages.

/unblock [username]
Unblock the player.

/w [username] [message]
Sends a private message to the user. He/she has to be on your friend list for that to work.

Note: The usernames in all friend list commands are case-sensitive.

That's all for now I'm still trying to figure out a way to create a kind of spectator mode. No promises though!

• 236 Replies
chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

cool upgrade of the game

Quicksmasher
Quicksmasher
273 posts
Nomad

Sir, dont be surprised if you get Love-Mails from time to time (i wont be the author of any of them, i promise). Well... your work is just brilliant dude! But the coolest part is, that you also love your work

And dont forget how to speak German, Sir!

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Ahh, interesting Krin.

The friends list is a good idea, as has been suggested quite often.

New features are being added into 6.0 to make it harder for hackers. Using more server-side code so that it's not easy to breach, and also you will automatically be de-synced from a hacker if the game thinks that he is hacking.

That's also good to hear.
Influence Cap raised to 200.

Yes. I like that.

Well, the spectator thing should be good. Nice to watch players play and learn their strategies. =)
Quicksmasher
Quicksmasher
273 posts
Nomad

SIR! WAIT!!!

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/5826820/quicksmashers-1v1-colony-tournament-2010

U see this? This is my little tournament. Dude, a spectator mode would be PURE AWESOMENESS FOR MY LITTLE TOURNAMENT!

I meant... Sir... please Sir!

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Well, he said no promises. But I'd like a spectator mode as well...

Quicksmasher
Quicksmasher
273 posts
Nomad

Ouch, and Sir, please lessen the upgrades cost bank - treasury A BIT, and the upgrade length VERY MUCH lol, everyone makes 2 banks instead of one treasury, and i think thats strange.

Also, why is the upgrade length of outpos/forge tier 1 - tier 2 much longer than from tier 2 - tier 3? D: Late game is bigger than early game, but hell, i havent calculated everything now. I havent expected 6.0 to come so early! Great work Sir! DD

Quicksmasher
Quicksmasher
273 posts
Nomad

Awww and what about the modikata? Lol, the price must be higher! :-(

AnbuHank
AnbuHank
591 posts
Nomad

and also you will automatically be de-synced from a hacker if the game thinks that he is hacking.

Make sure that the game KNOWS he's hacking, and not think.

This is great Krin. Now I know what will be the new updates. Thanks.
AnbuHank
AnbuHank
591 posts
Nomad

Oh yeah. Don't be greedy about asking for more changes Quicksmasher. Most of the game is fine the way it is. Krin already fixed the units that had trouble. I can't wait for this version.

Gladiator: Price reduced. Weapon range and damage increased slightly.

Now exactly what will their prices be when the update comes?
Quicksmasher
Quicksmasher
273 posts
Nomad

Otherwise your system can be in a church and not in colony, where it can think of anything it wants.
Impiety
Impiety
18 posts
Nomad

Otherwise your system can be in a church and not in colony, where it can think of anything it wants.

LOL

But seriously, I definitely think you should establish some accurate anti-hack conditionals in Colony, besides stuff like if (resource > 1000), then
kick(player). Maybe you could do...

if (time_passed_in_seconds < sum_of_resources)
{
//kick(hacker)
}

or...

If (person_has_built_spec_ops_building == false && there_are_S_marines_on_field)
{
//kick(hacker)
}
Quicksmasher
Quicksmasher
273 posts
Nomad

if (time_passed_in_seconds < sum_of_resources)
{
//kick(hacker)
}

or...

Are you retarded!? Youd get kicked at the beginning of any colony game lol!
DestructiveAngel
DestructiveAngel
47 posts
Nomad

sounds good the spiders are going to be deadly. almost like hovers.thats going to make a new build

AnbuHank
AnbuHank
591 posts
Nomad

Lol. It doesn't sound that deadly to me. It's price is only going to be slight reduced and the rand, speed and hit points are slightly increased. It's not like it's fire power/attack power has increased a lot.
DestructiveAngel
DestructiveAngel
47 posts
Nomad

w.e you say hank..you know everything

Showing 1-15 of 236