ForumsGamesColony v6.0 Patch Notes

236 54507
Krin
Krin
129 posts
Nomad

Hi! I've been working on Colony v6.0 and we're doing some testing and technical things now. It should be out really soon. Anyway, here are the notes:

Anti-Hacking
New features are being added into 6.0 to make it harder for hackers. Using more server-side code so that it's not easy to breach, and also you will automatically be de-synced from a hacker if the game thinks that he is hacking.

Friends List
Added a friend list feature. You can add friends by user name, so you can see whenever they come online, chat with them directly whether you are in a game or in the lobby, and also you can block users.

Balance Changes
Influence Cap raised to 200.
Prides: Now cost 40 Influence, up from 35.
Gladiator: Price reduced. Weapon range and damage increased slightly.
Sakata Spider: Price slightly reduced. Range, speed and HP slightly increased.
Meditec: Now takes slightly few seconds to deploy.

New In-Game Commands

/add [username]
Adds that player to your friends list.

/remove [username]
Removes that player from your friends list.

/friendlist
Displays a list of all your added friends, and shows whether they are online, offline, or blocked.

/block [username]
Block that player from sending you private messages.

/unblock [username]
Unblock the player.

/w [username] [message]
Sends a private message to the user. He/she has to be on your friend list for that to work.

Note: The usernames in all friend list commands are case-sensitive.

That's all for now I'm still trying to figure out a way to create a kind of spectator mode. No promises though!

• 236 Replies
AnbuHank
AnbuHank
591 posts
Nomad

Did the glitch where if you push the hotkey for building something while a thing is building, it will cancel the current build without a refund and then build the new thing?

That glitch was already there before v6.0. However, if you hold a hotkey to make that building then you will get negative resources. The negative resources is a new glitch.
Rootk
Rootk
1 posts
Shepherd

I want my fucking Rank BACK. This game is ruined now =/

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I want my ****ing Rank BACK. This game is ruined now =/

Really, how long does it take to get rank 10?
chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

Besides the rank got reset a while ago

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

Whoopsies, meant if it was fixed yet...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Nothing will be fixed until a new version comes out, I don't think.
Also, why'd you make a sudden reappearance?

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

spectator mode that would be cool but me im still waiting for new missions and units to complete the story line, i mean it just ended ... awkwardly

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

wow u added all those new things but i like the old version better because it wasnt so glitchy i keep getting negitive recources whenever i click a building

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I know the reason for not being able to chat now, Krin. Any person with an underscore in their username, like guests, are unable to chat.

dude445
dude445
9 posts
Nomad

people still hack there i a guy that made 3 forges in 2 secounds when the game started oh and by the way i am new

dude445
dude445
9 posts
Nomad

people glitch infulence they do this hotkey thing and can make like alot of a27 prides like unlimited

Fasty
Fasty
300 posts
Nomad

I know the reason for not being able to chat now, Krin. Any person with an underscore in their username, like guests, are unable to chat.

Wow, your poor! D: But clever that you found this out (O.O)
KrackerPacker
KrackerPacker
144 posts
Nomad

sadness=glitches
all problems ive seen in the game
~lag in cancel button allowing for double resource as refund
~lag in creating units without influence and building allowing a loss in resource
~lag in creating influence units allowing the glitcher to gain 200 immediately
~glitch when creating a building or unit you can overlap another building or unit losing the money for the one you were previously making and also allowing buildings or units to be created that goes against the rules of the game you created EX: ground units in dogfight or arsenal in lowtech
~guests are allowed to whisper allowing infinite amounts of spam to whoever the guest is whispering to, can be prevented if guest is blocked but it is nearly impossible to do that, they just log out and log back in as a different guest number
~rank 10 symbol still collides with the next column over, making it rather irritating
~whisper allows BB codes which allows players to change color or font size of another player and themself, causing a "nuke" if a font too large for the game is whispered and therefore prevents the whisperer and the whispered to have their chat locked down (does not happen in-game)
~if you spam too much IN-GAME everyone in the game temporarily has their messages glow an eerily (its cool)
~code allowing a "nuke" in lobby clearing out all chat
~code allowing cussing in lobby
~cussing is allowed in-game for some reason
~logging in with more that one account causes a reset in rank if you play a game with that account

i think thats all
my 2 cents :P

goldair1
goldair1
158 posts
Nomad

Ok Krin...

KrackerPacker got me hacking some time ago.

But I did not do it to win all i had was a bad day was all and...

I do not know why i hacked it to start with.

PS: When will the next update beout for colony.

PSS:KrackerPacker i am so sorry for hacking you.
I had a bad day and you did not help with it.

goldair1
goldair1
158 posts
Nomad

Ok I will fix the delay between clicking a building/unit and having the bar move, so it will get rid of the negative money bug (and influence thing as well).
I have no idea what is going with being unable to chat in the lobby, can I get more information on that? screenshot, description, etc?

Have A look at this.
Money,Manpower,Energy,Influence
Showing 151-165 of 236