ForumsWEPR[necro] The overall effect of religion on the world

126 33192
Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

I've seen a lot of threads talking about religion in this section of the forums, and it seems that some people think it has a bad effect on the world and we should try to get rid of religion, whereas others believe religion hhas an overall good effect on the world.

In this thread, my aim is to discuss these two views, because I want to know what people think, and why they think what they think

Now I've created a very short survey here and would love it if you could take a couple of minutes answering it. Just answer as many questions as you want.

In a few days, I'll publish the results and we can discuss them. I hope I'll get plenty of participants

• 126 Replies
LegendaryThunder
LegendaryThunder
177 posts
Nomad

Like logic and rational thought see WW3 Smackdown

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

We got the idea that natural rice is a maniac, now please, let us continue.

balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

This spammer isn't even good at spamming.

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

No, he is especially good

balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

That is oxymoronic.

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

huh?

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Religion = Hope for the religious people. Some of the true believers try to be a good person, as to what the Bible says are the qualities of a good person.
You can't get rid of religion. Some people need something they can follow in, Some image to be their sheperd while they go through life.

balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

There is no such thing as a good spammer. Thus its oxymoronic.
---
Just like you can't get rid of secularism and atheists who are grateful to nothing for everything or is it grateful to everything for nothing...

Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

Rational thinking and logic does not exsist in his world

The biggest lie there is. I can think rational and think Logically... I have a reputation for that and I keep it that way. The only answer to religion is that people should think what they want to think, prefered their own ideas and not a "religion." (Man should make a religion for every person on the eart, instead of brainwashing one to think exact the same). I respect christians, muslims, Hindus.... etc... As long as they respect others and don't start a fight. It isn''t wrong to debate about it, but I think it's wrong if you blindly follow someone else's believes. Believe in what YOU think is the truth, not what someone else did! That... My good people, is Rationality and logica.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Healmeal, I think LegendaryThunder was speaking exclusively of Naturalrice's world when saying that.. but I had to look twice at it too until I got that^^

Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

Healmeal, I think LegendaryThunder was speaking exclusively of Naturalrice's world when saying that.. but I had to look twice at it too until I got that^^

Oh well... It still tell you what I think
WexMajor82
WexMajor82
1,026 posts
Nomad

There's positives and negatives to everything, including science. If you toss aside religion, you will still have war and hate.

But at least you tossed away your hypocrisy mask.
Jerrrd
Jerrrd
9 posts
Nomad

The qestion should be what is the overall effect of people practicing religion. Most religions are based on good premises, it's when people use religion to achieve their own selfish goals that things get hairy. Religion needs to be a personal system, not something to be marketed to the masses. Read C. G. Jung's "The Undiscovered Self". It talks about the indevidual losing himself in the masses of society, like organized religion. If we could all live respectfully of others, whether we agree with them or not, the worl would be a much better place.

rtexti
rtexti
15 posts
Nomad

Religion affects many people. Many religions state things to persuade people to worship that religion. Of course that is different in communist countries. In the Middle East, there are conflicts between The Jews and Muslims, Muslims and Muslims, and Christians and Muslims. It's just that the opposing religions hate each other and it gets to fighting and stuff like that.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

While we are on the subject of the effect of religion on the world, I'd like for everyone to visit this site ASAP please and thank you. It is another reminder that the barbaric practices, hatred, and zealotry caused by religion are alive and well in our world today, and it is a very saddening thing to me.

Showing 91-105 of 126