ForumsThe Tavern[old] How Do You Overcome Depression?

48 7557
jabello11
jabello11
721 posts
Nomad

Because i'm allways depressed and none of my firends want can hang out for 3 weeks and i'm allways boerd. and also my bro hates me. please help.

• 48 Replies
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, ignore just about all the other people on here being sarcastic or who are trolling. Clinical depression is a very serious condition and it should be taken seriously. I am very serious about what I posted, and I am somewhat of a professional on the subject. If you are serious about your symptoms and you want to get better I would take my advice.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I'm glad MRWalker was here to be sensible, because I'm actually not in the mood to be sensible myself 8D

Just one issue with the post at the top of this page: psychiatrists are the ones who can prescribe. Psychologists can't, because they do not hold a medical qualification. Just switch the two around and it's all good.

and I am somewhat of a professional on the subject

What does this mean?
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

What does this mean?

I have a Bachelors of Sciences with a major in Psychology. I have held several positions as a substance abuse and also as a grief counselor.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Just one issue with the post at the top of this page: psychiatrists are the ones who can prescribe.

Good catch, thank you. Apparently I should start proof reading my posts when using my pain medication :P
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I have held several positions as a substance abuse

+

when using my pain medication :P

=

uh oh!

haha, just kidding :P Thanks for providing credentials, it should help.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

LOL I guess that is kind of comical huh?

Actually I separated the muscle on my third rib last week at the gym so I've got a script for hydrocodone at the moment. The really crappy thing is I can't drink while I'm on it so the beer in my fridge is going to sit for a while.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

It's funny that people who have the actual problems can come up with solutions to overcome that problem, yet they can't overcome it themselves...

How incredibly true.

That must hurt Mr.Alcholic.

And honestly it sound like you are completely bored. If you are gonna say that it is a long story, most people can't help unless they KNOW the story. So fess up, or keep the trolling to a minimum please.
keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

Im not trolling by the way, Im just quoting a celebrity

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

That must hurt Mr.Alcholic.

Actually it does. But not as much as the pain in my ribs, so I'll go without my beer for a few weeks. On the up side, my wife doesn't like my beer so I know it's safe
Shoestring
Shoestring
152 posts
Nomad

Just do stuff you find fun and soon you'll forget everything.
And NEVER think of suicide.

GhostGS
GhostGS
323 posts
Nomad

i have always wonder if i was depressed... i was first twelve when i first held a knife thinking what would happen if i did then my little baby brother walked in and i realised then that even if i hated my life i rather it be shit then my bro not have an older brother to guide him to a better life. i also realised that Death is the easiest answer to all your problems but it can be hard to implement. i never want to take the easy way out of things. to suppress my depression i ignore comments and i always think that out there someone else is having a more crappier life without ppl making it

BenTheBozer
BenTheBozer
815 posts
Nomad

Yeah man i wouldnt joke around about depression, it runs all the way through the males of my faimly. i only get it sometimes but most of the time i can release that im depressed so thats kind of good.

keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

My family has a history of Diabetes and Cancer.

Uproar
Uproar
333 posts
Nomad

Overcoming depression in my eyes, is your body's will power to stay on top.

If you allow yourself to become depressed, your going to spiral downward out of control, when the only savior left is alcohol, or so your tormented mind believes so, which you use as a drug, it makes you feel better about yourself, you feel as if the bottle is listening to all your problems, every drop of the poison which touch's your lips is a lie, it makes you feel as if things will get better, and that you can sit around in the dark, drinking bottle after bottle.

However we are granted we two choices, we can indeed choose to go to the off license, purchase the drug, and carry on in a circle of depression. Or you choose the route in which redeems your soul of a saddened day, you know yourself better than anyone else, you know what makes you laugh and what makes you smile, what makes your soul beam with light and makes you stand out from the crowd because YOU are happy. Thats the second route, whether it be walking in a park, or playing a sport, just go ahead and do it, sitting around asking a community, whom will never care for you, you have a family, turn to them if depression really is that difficult, because if you cannot turn to family, the ones who will (and should) love you and cherish you as a blood relative no matter what, they are the ones who will lend you a hand to pick you back up, or an ear when no one is listening.

yes, i may sound as if i'm rambling, but if you make as much sense of this as i can, then well done.

End Of The Day, don't rely on a forum to answer life's questions, we don't know you, chances are we never will. So yeah, that's my two cents no matter how much i just jumped around in that essay :/

Aaliyah928
Aaliyah928
252 posts
Nomad

I am diagnosed as depressed, and it's hard to overcome, but it helps to do things you enjoy, or hang with your friends. That's how I become happier. Although, I do still get very saddened by things going on in the world,

Showing 16-30 of 48