ForumsThe Tavern[old] How Do You Overcome Depression?

48 7556
jabello11
jabello11
721 posts
Nomad

Because i'm allways depressed and none of my firends want can hang out for 3 weeks and i'm allways boerd. and also my bro hates me. please help.

• 48 Replies
Drink
Drink
1,621 posts
Blacksmith

happy pills..i had to take em all the time

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

I don't overcome, I embrace. Much better for you.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Finding activites that distract you and help you put that behind you.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Clinic depression: Go seek medical care, otherwise you'll just sink deeper.
But since it looks all "No friends to play!"-ish: GO CREATE YOU OWN FUN! /failcruisecontrol.
Seriously, if there is nothing else, go play a game with your family or something. Take a ride on your bike, go pee in a box, whatever amuses you.

valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

hmmm, depression? well, the only way to be rid of it complete is to commit suicide, but unless you have a revolver, a very high bridge or ledge to jump from, or a hangman's noose handy, that's not likely to happen. other than that, don't know what to tell you bud, figure yourself out.

Uproar
Uproar
333 posts
Nomad

Finding activites that distract you and help you put that behind you.

That does not help me. I work 15 hours a day, if anything it makes things worse because i cannot take action against the depression/thoughts and while at work i have to put on a false smile.

As for dealing with it, to cope with it i choose music which is the happy side to all things sad. Honestly Oasis are good for that sort of music
I write poetry, draw, design, swim underwater on top of that. But usually repeating songs from oasis
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

I utilize computer and watch some videos - or I might read a book - I'm an escapist like that.

Uproar
Uproar
333 posts
Nomad

hmmm, depression? well, the only way to be rid of it complete is to commit suicide, but unless you have a revolver, a very high bridge or ledge to jump from, or a hangman's noose handy, that's not likely to happen. other than that, don't know what to tell you bud, figure yourself out.

That is the most Childish, immature & selfish comment in this entire forum.

The world is full of suicide because of people who give up, due to the fact that no one listens or helps them and get ignored by life itself just like how your treating this subject of depression.

I for one was on the end of a noose once because of depression certainly through school, but i had help, i know plenty of people who slit there wrists and tried to take there life because they seemed imperfect to the world around them. Topping that off someone in my school did end it by hanging themselves, so stop with the ignorance.

Even if his depression seems silly to you or anyone else right now, it can trail on to feelings & thoughts much worse. That or people can add to his already destroyed ego and emotionless body and create a morbid depression which spirals in it's own direction.

Before you post a comment in the future, think of how ignorant & foolish you sound towards life.
CrimsonRose
CrimsonRose
75 posts
Nomad

Lol, killing yourself? At your age? You haven't even experienced life's problems. Good luck with that.

Don't say that. DON'T say that young people don't have depression. Just do not say that. Obviously, when you were young, you didn't experience severe depression like I, and others, do.

I have experienced a lot of pain.
A lot. Don't reply and say "No you haven't! Kids don't experience a lot of pain!" because that's just not true.

Every night, I go to sleep remembering the image of my arms and face covered in blood. That's just the physical part. Physical and emotional pain of my memories haunts me.

Anyway, to the point:
The way I avoid depression is by praying. If I weren't a Christian, I don't know what would happen to me; I probably would have given up on life long ago.

BECOME A CHRISTIAN IF YOU SUFFER FROM DEPRESSION!
JESUS SAVES!

~CrimsonRose~
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

BECOME A CHRISTIAN IF YOU SUFFER FROM DEPRESSION!
JESUS SAVES!

Or you can try out something that has been proven to work. Psychotherapy. Visit a good psychologist and work with them to identify the issues you are having.
bloonkiller
bloonkiller
158 posts
Nomad

Pretty much any type of exercise can boost your mood.

nastymoon
nastymoon
116 posts
Nomad

Some people tend to solve other's problem but when it comes to their problem they can't even find a solution for it.

Well, it's just like this, don't problem the problem. That's it.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Drugs, alcohol, and suicide always seem to work, but they can lead to bigger problems, so take precautions before attempting any of those things.

Actually, the suicide one has no bad side-effects aside from being dead.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Going out with friends, do sports or simply go for a walk, gaming, drawing (I drew my best pictures while feeling sad; it boosts inspiration), playing an instrument.. and by NOT listening to Melodic Metal each evening while being in winter depression. Just makes it worse. I know what I'm talking about.

GhostGS
GhostGS
323 posts
Nomad

find what is causing the depression and solve it.. i have had enough of these people that i go to school with.. only recently i informed my school that i was being bullied by a certain group.. i also informed them how close i have been to breaking my control and going into a rage. so the school was informed of my difficulties and how i was currently handling. now these people i normally walk away from but all my friends hang around a general area and i will always come in contact with those idiots. so only recently after this group had been warned by the school.. i bashed them after a heated conversation.. i don't mean an all out brawl but these 3 i got them so pissed off that they charged.. in the end i ended up with concussion, broken nose and about 2 or 3 bruises.. while one was unconscious, suffering from internal bleeding, another had a broken arm and bruises and the other being the worst had both a broken leg and arm. so now people don't target me anymore knowing what i can do.. but they now have broken their misconceptions of me and i have made many more friends.. oh and i did have a scuffle with authority over this but i had done everything right except maybe actually initiating a fight. even though i was defending myself

Showing 31-45 of 48