ForumsGamesCoD Black Ops by Treyarch

41 7219
DrPepperRain
DrPepperRain
75 posts
Nomad

Do you think it will be better than MW2 or be like CoD WaW were when you knife someone it lags up and you don't kill him?

• 41 Replies
factor1
factor1
63 posts
Nomad

For the last time lol, MW2 and WaW can't be compared as CoD games, only as shooters in general.

And Treyarch has been listening to the community since the day WaW came out. It'll be better, that's a given.

or be like CoD WaW were when you knife someone it lags up and you don't kill him?

I find it funny every time CoD is brought up someone has to put it down somehow
nemo12
nemo12
723 posts
Nomad

All CoD's are awesome and i think it will be better.

TuxedoPenguin
TuxedoPenguin
233 posts
Nomad

wow we don't need more threads about CoD Black Ops, the game doesn't come out til November take a chill pill for Pete's sake.

KrakenX
KrakenX
12 posts
Nomad

Cod is just an all out amazing game Black OPs os going to Own

pauler94
pauler94
2,514 posts
Nomad

Black Ops looks like it's going to change the Call of Duty series, which is what Treyarch tried doing with CoD 3, which did not turn out too well. It will be better than Modern Warfare 2 because Treyarch will probably put patches out for anything OP (I guarantee the M16 will be overpowered) if greedy Activision lets them.

iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

Black Ops looks like it's going to change the Call of Duty series, which is what Treyarch tried doing with CoD 3, which did not turn out too well

How did they try to change the Call of Duty series with CoD 3? Just curious, cause I didn't enjoy that game.

I think Black Ops will be great, game-play wise. The story seems dumb though. You're in Vietnam, then you're in the USSR, then you're somewhere else. I remember reading on IGN that they're trying to put some flash back junk into the game. Kind of like Lost?
pauler94
pauler94
2,514 posts
Nomad

How did they try to change the Call of Duty series with CoD 3? Just curious, cause I didn't enjoy that game.

Well, it was so different from all of the other CoD games that I assumed that they tried to change something.

And yeah, the story looks like it's going to have some holes in the plot, but apparently Reznov from WaW is going to be in it (w00t, he's my favorite character from any of the CoD games, might even be one of my favorite all time characters). Apparently he was a loyal hardcore Communist in WaW (which was obvious) but then he defected from the USSR and joined the Black Ops, which is kind of mysterious because of how pro-Communism he was.
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

If you pre-ordered Black Ops, the poster has a lot of things on it. On the pistol that the solider is holding, there is "Sally" and then 8 written in tally marks. Does this suggest some sort of Zombie or co-op survival mode? I think so. There is also a internet address and last time i check it was under construction but it might be finished now. There is also a number that you can call that has music that reminds my of the mystery box from World at War. There is also a Morse code massage after each jingle... beeps that some have cracked it and is said something like A51 (Area 51)

If you remember from World at War's Der Riese (The Giant) one of the radios sounded doctor Maxis sending a letter to the main german headquarters to during the war. He said that building the Wunderwaffle is going good, but they need more element 115 to complete the experiments and mass produce this insane weapon. He said that in America, the Nevada base (Area 51) has a large supply of element 115 and that we need more to stay ahead of them. Area 51 in Black ops would probably be there to continue or finish the story... maybe without Rictofen, Dempsy, Takeo and Nikoli

Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

For the last time lol, MW2 and WaW can't be compared as CoD games, only as shooters in general

Why not? They are part of the Call of Duty Series. Just because they are set in the past and for MW2, relative future, doesn't mean that they aren't Just another shooter.

Black Ops looks like it's going to change the Call of Duty series, which is what Treyarch tried doing with CoD 3, which did not turn out too well. It will be better than Modern Warfare 2 because Treyarch will probably put patches out for anything OP (I guarantee the M16 will be overpowered) if greedy Activision lets them.

why would it change, they make games of different points in time.It would be a little of a change because not a lot of games are based on the Cold war. Also back then Body armor wasn't that good, so offcourse its going to look overpowerful.
pauler94
pauler94
2,514 posts
Nomad

Also back then Body armor wasn't that good, so offcourse its going to look overpowerful

IMO the M16 was obviously OP in CoD4, and I personally think it's OP now in MW2, so it's basically a gun that I really, really hate and I hope Treyarch doesn't make it an easy 1 burst kill.
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Well, realism in the CoD series was never that great. I think that instead of Juggernaut, there should be equipment called Body Armor that only covers the Abdomen and Torso area. Also players with body armor should run slower

iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

Reznov from WaW is going to be in it (w00t, he's my favorite character from any of the CoD games, might even be one of my favorite all time characters). Apparently he was a loyal hardcore Communist in WaW (which was obvious) but then he defected from the USSR and joined the Black Ops, which is kind of mysterious because of how pro-Communism he was.

Yeah, that doesn't make sense. Well, I hope they clean up the story-line then ~_~.

On the pistol that the solider is holding, there is "Sally" and then 8 written in tally marks.

He's probably a recruit, like how all the FPS's start out as >_>, and he named his gun Sally. And he's killed 8 people so far. I won't be surprised if they make a new survival co-op though.
Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

IMO the M16 was obviously OP in CoD4, and I personally think it's OP now in MW2, so it's basically a gun that I really, really hate and I hope Treyarch doesn't make it an easy 1 burst kill.

Well the M16 has been around since the 1940's and is definitely a weapon of choice. It can be Semi or automatic. the Game creators make it semi.

Well, realism in the CoD series was never that great. I think that instead of Juggernaut, there should be equipment called Body Armor that only covers the Abdomen and Torso area. Also players with body armor should run slower

The juggernaut is for fun, though the Games Are based on actual events, except for the MW's none of the people were there so they must do the best the can with their resources.People just want to play a Game. If we were looking for realism then we could just join up with the Rangers. Soldiers are trained in body Armor, so if they are slow then that's poor conditioning. Also the CODs want to be different from other Games which meants not like rainbow Six. Just like I said our advancements back then were different, I don't know how much The body armor covers or how much protection it provides but I know it won't be as good.
nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

Do you think it will be better than MW2 or be like CoD WaW were when you knife someone it lags up and you don't kill him?

Never ever noticed any lag in WAW when it came to knifing. Probably only for xbox. In fact the only time i notice lag during knifing is in cod mw2, when people have comando on and i dodge them then kill them. So yeaa..

Or you could go like this. IS COD Black ops gonna be like waw where it has an amazing online play, and almsot everything is fair, or will it be like cod mw2 where everything is cheap, and u can get noob tubed, commando dashed, spawn killed, camped, nuked, killed by someone using a hb sensor or thermal... Yeah im sorry bud, but if your trying to make this into a battle of cod mw and waw you did a bad job

pauler94
pauler94
2,514 posts
Nomad

almsot everything is fair

I hope the MP40 isn't involved in anything "fair" in WaW...
Showing 1-15 of 41