ForumsGamesEchoes - Operation Stranglehold

41 16629
KFK
KFK
1,052 posts
Nomad

Well. Echoes - Operation Stranglehold is a new game on AG.
I think it came out yesterday or two days ago.

What do you gamers think of it? Good, bad? Why?

I think it was awesome. Actually. The only downside was the controls. But you can customize them. So thats great, and I just love the cut scenes. I just completed the campaign and going an to the survival mode. I'm writing a full review on the game comments.

• 41 Replies
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

I really enjoyed it, but the starting cutscenes were far too long in my opinion

I also saw alot of Stargate influence on it, just the story of it lol
The Asgard initiative on the Mars colony or something? Asgard was an alien race on Stargate
Ascension like how they done so with the hybrids was kind of like the Ori, where they'd promise believers ascension if they believe in them etc.
And godhood, definately Goa'uld lol That's pretty much it.

Sadly the strategic part wasn't that good for me, I'd prefer resources came from capturing those points, and you only had a barracks / vehicle depot with the defending turrets. That's all I'd prefer, oh and the supply warehouses

Another thing which was painful was the defencive capabilities you could do in strategy, it was a pain mustering your soldiers, but it takes some more skill, which I like

Overall, great game, great story, lovely models and engaging gameplay, can't wait for Act 2

- H

monoto7
monoto7
3 posts
Nomad

good game but i cant really see much of the startegy as the hybrid units will always be more powerful than your units in survival unless you get the upgrades

KFK
KFK
1,052 posts
Nomad

@Highfire

Yeah, I've seen Stargate. And the story plot is close.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I've seen Stargate. And the story plot is close.

Good, I haven't seen much of the Ori, I've only seen Seasons 1 - 8 and some Season 9, but they do seem quite good and fairly different.

Story Plot isn't incredibly close, as I'd say in terms of Stargate we are the Tok'Ra on this game , no humans and no Asgard equivilents yet however

- H
zerox207
zerox207
1 posts
Nomad

i cant play D=
the game can`t load

XyodudeX
XyodudeX
43 posts
Nomad

i enjoyed the game espically the campaign but i wish there was more stages then just 5 cause in average free computer games like this one there usally is up to 10 or over stages tell me if u think the same.

KFK
KFK
1,052 posts
Nomad

@Highfire

Yeah, I get what you mean. What Stargate do you mean by season 1-8?
SG-1, Atlantis, Universe?

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I get what you mean. What Stargate do you mean by season 1-8?
SG-1, Atlantis, Universe?

.... lol
Stargate SG-1: 10 Seasons.
Stargate Atlantis: 5 Seasons.
Stargate Universe: Just done 1 Season.

Which one do you think I seen 8 seasons of ?

And more on Topic, NOTHING!

See yo guys later :>

- H
blakbirdy
blakbirdy
7 posts
Nomad

i think the game is most influenced by halo 3 and halo war and also i think this game was one of the best games ive seen

zillacutz
zillacutz
514 posts
Nomad

i feel it looks really amazing... im getting the white screen after the first mission however Ido said that it is a problem with the server and not the game itself so hopefully it will be fixed shortly... when Ido made portal the flash version i fell in love and it is one of my all time favorite games... when echoes came out i drooled and waited to play it when i had at least 4 hours to play... and from what i have seen it can esily be one of if not the best games i have played on any flash site... sad its rating is under a 9

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

i think the game is most influenced by halo 3 and halo war and also i think this game was one of the best games ive seen

Stargate + Halo I suppose

- H
DrBienlein
DrBienlein
1 posts
Nomad

Really nice game! Excellent graphics, clever plot, cool characters, what do you want more!
Only thing that confused me is, that i just got the 2 weapons you have from the start, during the campaign! Is that normal? Or do you get the other ones in survival mode?

KFK
KFK
1,052 posts
Nomad

Yes. You get other ones from survival mode.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Ah cool, I think I should try survival mode now then..

Another question, if I get them in survival mode can I get them still in campaign mode?

- H

KFK
KFK
1,052 posts
Nomad

I haven't tried that yet. So i don't know.

Showing 1-15 of 41