ForumsGamesEchoes - Operation Stranglehold

41 16624
KFK
KFK
1,052 posts
Nomad

Well. Echoes - Operation Stranglehold is a new game on AG.
I think it came out yesterday or two days ago.

What do you gamers think of it? Good, bad? Why?

I think it was awesome. Actually. The only downside was the controls. But you can customize them. So thats great, and I just love the cut scenes. I just completed the campaign and going an to the survival mode. I'm writing a full review on the game comments.

• 41 Replies
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

I haven't tried that yet. So i don't know.

I'm pretty sure you get the new stuff from Survival mode as it even says:
"Weapons unlocked: 2 / 6" lol

Too bad you need to buy it tho, should be unlocked automatically per X waves

- H
laz10
laz10
1 posts
Jester

The game is great, yeah but I think it needs a bit more defensive stuff, the one guy on the turret isnt enough and Dem could do with a bit more speed, it takes him ages to walk even sprint around.

the little annoying thing for me is when u go to click on the bar down the bottom e.g. select all units the camera moves around and u dont get to select them all. the camera shouldnt move when the mouse is above the bar down the bottom

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

The game is great, yeah but I think it needs a bit more defensive stuff, the one guy on the turret isnt enough and Dem could do with a bit more speed, it takes him ages to walk even sprint around.

True

- H
AlderonArmor
AlderonArmor
210 posts
Blacksmith

The game had big potential but it just felt too clunky and overcomplex for me to really sink my teeth into. I don't play flash games for that, some complexity is good, but there was far too many controls to get your head around and it felt awkward trying to control everything when you finally got to play the game after the epic conversational cutscenes.

It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but it's not my cup of tea.

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

Really epic game. Intense graphics. I don't think it works well on slow compies.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Really epic game. Intense graphics. I don't think it works well on slow compies.

I got a really good PC however it still lags with about 16 of my own units

- H
snakehead77
snakehead77
1 posts
Nomad

Does Anybody when They'll have the continue game?

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

I hate being left hanging! D:

They should work on like the next 4 episodes all at once and release them all.

Seeing as how slow it loaded the first one each have to be a separate upload.

KFK
KFK
1,052 posts
Nomad

When I played. The only time it slowed down was at 99%. And that's only for some seconds.

I think it's more about you'r internet connection.
Cause I have a laptop, and it's not that good. And still I played the game without any lag.

officeman
officeman
2 posts
Peasant

Excellent game. I thought there were too many controls, though. Still, the graphics were epic and, all in all, I think it was a great game.

Ido
Ido
3 posts
Nomad

Hey thanks all the feedback. Didn't realize there was a thread about the game on here till now. Thank you all!
Most of the major improvements (Gameplay,story,controls) you will see in the next game, Act 2. We put a lot of effort in each act separately, meaning we don't just take the same engine and throw a new story on it. For instance Act 2 will include a new cover system for Combat mode, yet it'll be focused on new Strategy aspects. Hmm I think I wasn't supposed to say that yet

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Hey thanks all the feedback. Didn't realize there was a thread about the game on here till now. Thank you all!
Most of the major improvements (Gameplay,story,controls) you will see in the next game, Act 2. We put a lot of effort in each act separately, meaning we don't just take the same engine and throw a new story on it. For instance Act 2 will include a new cover system for Combat mode, yet it'll be focused on new Strategy aspects. Hmm I think I wasn't supposed to say that yet

Hehe, thank you for the info, Ido, I am quite glad you will be focusing on the Strategy System since I didn't find it fluent with the combat one. But I appreciate you adding one anyway since it adds more multi-tasking and difficulty when fighting away waves of enemies (mostly due to the fact you fight from 2 sides).

I am also glad about the combat system getting a change too, but the main thing I was quite disappointed with was that the unlocked weapons from survival mode has limited ammo. Quite annoying and I think unnecessary, please change it if you can
Also maybe make different situations in the game, a sneaking one (requires larger map and multiple levels of height, though), maybe a wave one based on one side and a flying one?
Different things you can do and it would be really good if you introduced one of them in the second act. Thank you!

I love the models btw

- H
Ido
Ido
3 posts
Nomad

I love the models too. All made by our awesome animator Axel
I can't confirm too much right now, but a lot of what you said was mentioned in our talks before Act 2
The ammunition system in Act 1 is a bit messy, and the concept wasn't as easy to understand as I hoped. In Act 2, like in classic shooters, each weapon has its own ammunition. But most importantly, getting ammunition will be much more... to the point, as enemies will drop it, for one.
Cheers

oh and @ my post, "Hey thanks for all the feedback"* was rather sleepy when I posted it

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

I love the models too. All made by our awesome animator Axel

One last question :P
Have all your names got 3 letters? XD

I can't confirm too much right now, but a lot of what you said was mentioned in our talks before Act 2
The ammunition system in Act 1 is a bit messy, and the concept wasn't as easy to understand as I hoped. In Act 2, like in classic shooters, each weapon has its own ammunition. But most importantly, getting ammunition will be much more... to the point, as enemies will drop it, for one.
Cheers

:O Great! Thank you, I know I shouldn't be nit picking that much and thank you for the info. I have another question but I am not sure if you have it figured out, basically the amount of ammo that drops - will it be enough to sustain your ammo usage sorry for the bother

oh and @ my post, "Hey thanks for all the feedback"* was rather sleepy when I posted it

lol

Thanks again, sorry for the bother... again.

- H
FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

Echoes is awesome game!Shooting and strategy in together I like them both and story is epic.I hope act 2 is comming soon...

Showing 16-30 of 41