ForumsThe Tavern[nec] Do you believe in Ghosts?

49 11083
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

do you believe in ghosts or the supernatural?

i do believe in them because there have been so many real pictures and sightings it's almost irrefutable

• 49 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Just like gravity. From a positivistic/purely observational point of view, gravitation don't exist either, because you can't measure it, just see the effect of it.

That is why I love yelling at anti-Evolutionists by saying gravity is a theory as well, then dropping something on their foot. Greatest scientific comeback EVER.

So, if I see the effect of an invisible something that can affect surroundings...?

There tends to be some form of opaque-ness to a few ghosts. Depends, really.

I've heard from a few ghost hunters shows that certain sediments like granite and such will actually make ghosts more prevalent.

Something I find interesting about ghosts would probably be that they act so human. For instance: With a lot of ghosts you see in your home or other, the ghost will say something along the lines of "WTF ARE YOU DOING HERE GET OUT OR I WILL HURT YOU." If someone just started walking into your house saying "Hi who're you, why are you here in your own home doing your own thing by the way what's your name how are you I am fine and did you kill that one guy and- (stupid rambling to a ghost)", that would probably be your first reaction as well.

I've had several different theories as to why they would exist. My most recent one would have to be a rift in time and space. Likely time.
A couple other half-baked theories:
1. Memories suddenly recalled due to things in the air.
2. Characters of the mind.
3. A form of energy left over.
4. Purgatory (could also be linked with the rift in time and space, but that goes into multiple dimensions and- <half-baked theories&gt
Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,078 posts
Nomad

I'm neutral until their is enough stuff that happens that wouldn't normally happen, like a plate flying out of the cabinet. A ghost could be here for multiple reasons. I'll list off a few I believe are true.

1. Protect their home, family, or friends.
2. They failed to do something they needed to do in life.
3. Vengeance, like the sailor ghosts that were killed by wreckers.
4. Childish complaining of I DON'T WANNA GO TO HELL! I WANNA STAY HEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRE!

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

i don't believe in them at all. Once you die your dead, whether you go to heaven or not is another story. But as for ghosts, NO

AgronakGroMalog
AgronakGroMalog
52 posts
Nomad

I think that all ghosts and gods are really just aliens who live in the blackholes and makes us think there are ghosts and gods.
Yes, I just took all of the scientifically impossible things and merged them into one answer.

CruelAce
CruelAce
71 posts
Nomad

Not at all. The idea of haunting people after you're dead seems absurd to me. I've never seen ANY proof of Ghosts that is valid. There's a reasonable explanation for everything. :3

Midmenj
Midmenj
216 posts
Nomad

Well, if they are real I hope that they are nice and i can talk to them because that would be very interesting. According to my research, ghost, or spirits. Only exist because they have unfinished business on earth.

epicnesss
epicnesss
72 posts
Nomad

Nope. All that Ghost and zombie and all that other stuff is BS to me.
http://www.religionnewsblog.com/16400/vampires-ghosts-arent-real-says-physicist

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

"Evidence". Anyway, yeah, there are these big something out there that are entirely invisible besides the radiation that apparently surround that something, and it breaks all scientific laws.

Yes, evidence. They can't see the black holes themselves, but they observe planetary patterns around them in order to find them. Scientists have good reason to believe they exist.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Yes, evidence. They can't see the black holes themselves, but they observe planetary patterns around them in order to find them. Scientists have good reason to believe they exist.

Not to make this a big fat argument on science, but when I said "evidence" it is because nothing in science can be actually proven. I am aware that there is good reason to believe that black holes exist, I am just saying they break the scientific laws, and thus shouldn't even be there, but they are. You can see the effects of it, but you can't see it.
Same with ghosts, that can make the surrounding cold, interact with items and sO ON: You can't see or measure the ghost, but you can see the interaction.
So in theory ghosts could be very real, there is just no scientists that will but their reputation on the line and openmindly start researching.
If nothing, ghosts exists because humans think they exist.
Nater
Nater
1,296 posts
Nomad

Of course there real! Haven't you seen ghost hunters?!?!?!?!!?

^ Please don't take me seriously.

BeauGraham
BeauGraham
98 posts
Nomad

i agree with joe i belive in ghosts

Nater
Nater
1,296 posts
Nomad

This is a duplicate thread. There is a forum search you know.

KawaiiRion
KawaiiRion
202 posts
Nomad

I do.
And I think that I maybe saw a ghost once.
Or twice.
Or probably it was just my hair...
:P
And I've heard some weird noices sometimes...
And weird shadows.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Until I get to sit down and have tea with a ghost, I'm not going to comment.

I used to not believe in ghosts because they...well broke the rules. But as Strop pointed out so do black holes, apparently scientists don't know quite as much as they let on, eh?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

But as Strop pointed out

Wait, what did I point out? I haven't even posted in this thread up 'til now!

I think you mean "Cenere".
Showing 16-30 of 49