ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Words and Workings of Wolf

634 211654
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Here is a thread dedicated to my work as a writer. This thread will mostly be filled with my poems which vary in theme but I try to fashion myself after my favourite poet T.S Eliot, who I believed captured human nature in his words. I aspire to do the same. Please feel free wo citique and review my work. However, simply saying "I like it" is not good enough, as a writer I must grow and develop so I beg you readers to give me a reason as to why or why not you liked the poem. To start off I shall provide you with one of my personal favourties.

These Are The Boring Bits

Call life what you will,
A joke,
A curse,
A gift,
An adventure.
Take from it what you will,
Joy,
Sorrow,
Love,
Hate.
Lose yourself in it
Find your purpose
Or,
Find nothing at all.

A man asked, "What is the meaning of life?"
A woman told him, "Whatever you make it to be."
A child asked, "Is god real?"
A parent told them, "Only you can decide."

Personal opinion is what we use to guide us,
The opinions of others are what lose us.
We can never be certain
That we are certain of anything
Because of change,
And because things stay the same.
What makes sense one day,
Will confuse us another,
And so it goes on.
People tell others to:
Get in line,
Grow up,
Get our lives straight,
Who told these people these things?
And why tell us the things that broke them?

Is it human nature to be unhappy?

Two men sit on a bench,
In a park,
Under a tree.
They talk about family and friends
They talk about work and dreams.
One man says, "It is a waste of time to dream,"
The other says, "Yes, but to have dreams is not."
Dreams are what the world is made of
Bad dreams,
Good dreams,
Lost dreams.

Hope is never far off,
As the old die,
The young are born,
The young grow,
They become old,
The old die.
But while they are young,
They change the world.
Some for the better,
Others for the worse.

Inspiration is a dream.

The only inspiration in life is life:
What to do?
How to do it?
Can we change the world?
How to change the world?
Is there purpose?
Are we real?
Or a figment of imagination?
All questions do not need answers.

Call life what you will,
These are the boring bits.

• 634 Replies
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

I liked Good Man.

Improving, you are.

You actually had emotion in that one.
VISIBLE emotion at least.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

I have updated my blog with a peak at my first chapter. Do not be disappointed by the brevity, those words are the start of something that intend to show the world.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Wow. That brief intro was lovely.
I really like how you told it straight, that there will be corruption for that is in all life. Your use of imagery is amazing as well, and using the classical lines to tell the tales of old and etc as well as tying them in with your twist, that is a very nice touch to it all.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

I await the world and those who judge me.
For I do know I shall not find the sea.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

From The Desk of The Writer: Revamped

Take your number crunching machines to that place in your head where you can crunch and munch until they wind up dead. Do not speak to me with the voice of reason, because reason is nothing but a season of logical wording, implanted into the minds of the young. Your classical "know how" of mind melding brain control are of no use to what I keep deep within this pitted, scarred soul. You'll say things can improve, will and shall, do and undoubted doubts of the kind that never doubts. You twist words effortlessly in your attempts to twist me, weild me, use and abuse me. Twist away, I'll twist back, but in my twisting things will be true, if not clear. Oh your political lies and snake skin eyes cannot hide what hides beneath your thin hide. Skinless fools the lot of you. Political number crunchers do not speak to me of being illogical, when every word you say is borderline politilogical.

Language is not meant to be define by the words and ways of grammaralitically correctness that defines your bitterly conceited plan of how things should be and will and could be do not define me through what is on this oage in all it's unsanitary glor define me by what is on this page in how it is read not how it is written. What. Is. Said. Not. What. Is. Seen. Take your lies and all the words you keep with them, they're of no use to me. You cannot define me by your ways, and never shall the sea dream of you.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

These long conversations with myself always have me wondering why I have so many views and no comments

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

I just have no idea how to respond to that, Wolf.
I mean, I think I know the meaning behind it, but all I can say is it was beautifully written. And that doesn't really help...

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

As usually I'm speaking in general terms.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Follow these words.
They lead you dissolution.
Despair and discordia.
This place is, nothing.
If not senseless.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Kellus of the Blade

The High Priestess looked on in horror at the approaching figure. Humanoid, but wreathed in shadows, the form was indistinct. It moved with a spectral grace, almost as if it were gliding across the floor of the battered temple. From behind it's shoulder a hilt was jutting. Ornate with a draconic mouth clasped around a sphere of white-saphire. She knelt.

"Lord...Saviour! What has caused this?"

The figure paused.
Stepping forward once more Kellus the White removed his veil of shadows.
Kellus the White, Lord of Salvation
She stood, shaking, it would be alright, her Lord had come for her. Had come to cleanse this reached place, with his holy presence. She steppend forward waiting for him to--
The blade slipped free of it's sheathe with ease. She didn't even see his hand reach for it. And then, a shrug. Warmth blossomed in he chest as she looked down. The blade protruded from her. she didn't understand, but this place, was warm. She was safe. Oh, so safe.

Kellus looked down at the High Priestess's body as the blood pooled out from under her. In his eyes glimmered the dying rays of hope. Hope that this world would have changed. He had been known by many names, Wanderer, Kellus the Lost, Kellus the Broken, and of late, Kellus the White, Lord of Salvation. But those names had fallen by the wayside, and they had never truly belonged to him. Always heaped upon him with their burdens and chains. Always with the expectations of one thing or another. No more! He would fashion his own name now. It would be the purest, simplest name. A name free of any burdens except those he decided to place upon himself. Kellus of the Blade.

*Note: this does give away the overall development of one of my characters, but not as much as you may first assume. This is not from my current project, in fact I do not even intend to write this scene into the series, it was just an experiment to see if I could write Kellus as he may turn out.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

reached is supposed to be wretched. I meant to write something else and got caught between thoughts.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

How incredibly detailed!
I love how it gives a very nice twist of a back story, and a nice glimpse into the future.
Boy that Priestess is not the brightest cookie.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Die Trying

You see me standing
All alone.
Beneath the shattered boughs
Of a hollow tree.
You thought that I'd be okay
If you abandonned me.

Well I guess the joke's on you
I'm digging my own grave.
One day at a time.
So put on your brave face
And watch me.

If this takes forever,
I'll bear it all!
I will die trying
To save my soul.

You never looked back.
Never gave a dam
Well I guess that it's just do bad,
That I am who I am.
Well you though it be okay
to watch me bleed.
You thought I'd be okay
If you abandoned me!

If it takes forever,
I will bear it all!
I will die trying
To save my soul!

Turn your gaze somewhere new
Somewhere where I don't
Have to look at you!

If it takes forever
I will bear it all.
I will die trying...
I will die trying...
I will die trying...
To save my soul,
From you.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Well you thought I'd be okay*

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Well done! One thing though. If you could make the lines even, it could look and sound better.

Showing 421-435 of 634