ForumsWEPRGay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

561 107060
turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

I personally think that it should be legal cause it doesnt hurt anybody and everyone has the right to marry who they love.

• 561 Replies
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

No Gay Marriage is Morally wrong.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

& the support for your argument is...?
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Who says? What's wrong about consensual love, and the showing/cementing thereof through marriage ceremonies, between two people of the same gender?
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

[i]What's wrong about consensual love, and the showing/cementing thereof through marriage ceremonies, between two people of the same gender?

Well whats so right about it either???????????

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

It's emotion that people don't have any say over Calinkidd.
Why should homosexuals suffer because they have feelings for a gender that society deems in most cases 'not the right one'?

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Well whats so right about it either???????????

1. The expression of love between two consenting people in a way that harms no one is surely always a good thing?
2. Freedom to express this love is a good thing (unless you're into oppression in which case - I hear North Korea is a nice place to be).
3. Why should gender matter when it comes to love?
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

[i] 3. Why should gender matter when it comes to love?

It shouldn't I just don't want my 4 year old sister asking while we are at DisneyLand " why are those two guys kissing?" I just do not think little kids should have to see that with their innocent eyes.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

It shouldn't I just don't want my 4 year old sister asking while we are at DisneyLand " why are those two guys kissing?" I just do not think little kids should have to see that with their innocent eyes.

Honestly a child raised by homosexual parents could ask the same question of a man and a woman kissing.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

This i understand, but not homosexual PDA, PDA in general.
Me and my girlfriend never kiss around kids because we don't think it's our place for them to have to ask about homosexuality at such a young age. A young age being ten and under.

This wasn't your argument though, you previously said that it was morally wrong and asked what was right about it, so how does PDA infront of infants support your moral claim?
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

By that logic - NOBODY should be allowed to kiss anyone in public, lest you have to explain why that man and woman are kissing.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Not that no one should kiss in public, but i think it's good to keep a low key PDA regardless of sexuality. No kid should really watch things getting too frisky.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

"Those two people care about one another and kissing can be a physical way of expressing those feelings." Seems like it would be a pretty easy question to answer.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

...would you have a problem seeing a girl/guy kissing? I'd think not. This is baseless.
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

.would you have a problem seeing a girl/guy kissing? I'd think not.

No but she would see her parents kissing at home, so to see gay kisses will just disturb her.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

No but she would see her parents kissing at home, so to see gay kisses will just disturb her.

How do you know this?

If explained correctly, as Mage demonstrated, kids would adjust.
Showing 391-405 of 561