ForumsWEPR[Necro] Does God exist?

697 244231
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

since there really s no topic on whether or not he really exists and created people i decided to make one

start debating... NOW!

• 697 Replies
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

Ok I get that, but why not believe in the big bang then? It is far more likely and has atleast SOME evidence to back up the theory, so why choose to believe in sky deity's? If they need an explanation then can't they adopt that belief.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Ok I get that, but why not believe in the big bang then? It is far more likely and has atleast SOME evidence to back up the theory, so why choose to believe in sky deity's? If they need an explanation then can't they adopt that belief.

Because people get told that their religion is right and the only right one. And it's always easier to find any reason, be it a good or bad one, why not to believe in anything that varies from your opinion.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Because people get told that their religion is right and the only right one. And it's always easier to find any reason, be it a good or bad one, why not to believe in anything that varies from your opinion.

There is also a lot of emotional baggage added on to keep people in the religion.
Fluid
Fluid
58 posts
Farmer

A man hears about Big Bang and sees a paradoxical explosion of nothingness into something. He looks at the laws of physics and sees the death of the universe. He looks at the state of the world and sees it crumbling around him as it's reaching the point of no return. He sees, but can't phantom.

Then he remembers how, when he was a kid, his parents looked out for him and protected him from the cruel world. He thinks there might be someone out there that created us all, and is going to protect us from the cruel universe. Man creates god, and then he stops worrying.

I'm a member of no religion, as I find religions too confining, and their purpose outdated. Nowadays there's hardly anyone who won't do bad just because of fear of repercussions in the afterlife, like in the golden days of religions, thus religions only serve to keep people narrow-minded, and give them false hope.

That said, I do believe in God. As a combination of energy from which all matter originates, and a consciousness that formed that matter into sensible shapes, both existing outside the dimension of time. Somehow it feels simpler to close it off like that than to be a part of the Big Bang belief (when you take a theory as a fact, it's called belief). I also believe, if my God really exists (I take into account that I might be wrong, as all humans can be), that by giving us free will it wouldn't make sense for him to meddle with our affairs any longer. In which case we seriously need a deus ex machina 'cause otherwise us humans won't be the ones on a road to hell, the planet will.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Somehow it feels simpler to close it off like that than to be a part of the Big Bang belief

Actually added God complicates things more. Also by added God you are added something with out evidence. As you said man created god, so why would that be the starting point?
ExboMarker
ExboMarker
317 posts
Nomad

It's not a question about if he exists, it's more a question about if you believe he does.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

It's not a question about if he exists, it's more a question about if you believe he does.

Your asking the wrong question. The real question is DOES he/she/it/they exist. Belief is useless. It won't effect there existence, and as it is said two hands at work does more than a billion clasped in prayer...
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

It's only called the Big Bang theory because they can't have certain evidence to prove it 100% real and that it happened, it's just the most logical explanation that has the most proof to back it up, science don't call something fact until they have certain proof of it's existence and all that, that's why science is so reliable. Far more over 'he said she said' stories in the Bible.

Somehow it feels simpler to close it off like that

That's fine, but why can't people keep it to themselves then?
Why does religion have to be a huge part of the modern world?
It honestly has no place here anymore in my opinion beyond your own (religious peoples) mind.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

My belief or lack there of has no baring on reality. We determine if something is real or not by weighing the evidence. So why then should God be the exception?
ExboMarker
ExboMarker
317 posts
Nomad

So why then should God be the exception?

Because religion and faith are unique concepts. In some ways they are unexplainable, but in some ways they aren't.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Because religion and faith are unique concepts. In some ways they are unexplainable, but in some ways they aren't.

No, they really aren't unique concepts at all. What it boils down to is that the vast majority of religions require one to put aside his wisdom, reason, and logic and follow what he is told to follow and 'take it on faith'. Where else in our lives do we take things on faith? Where else do we accept that wisdom, reason, and logic simply have no place? Without these things we would have ONLY religion. Nothing else humanity has accomplished could have been done if wisdom, reason, and logic had been tossed away.
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

exbo dont even comment here
they just dont understand religion
no point to talking to the stubborn(no offence)

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

exbo dont even comment here
they just dont understand religion
no point to talking to the stubborn(no offence)

Firstly, how do you know who or who does not understand religion? I would say that the vast majority of those of us who are not religious were at some point quite religious and understood it quite well.

And how does disagreeing, requiring evidence, or explaining why we don't believe in your particular brand of supernatural phenomena being 'stubborn'?

And how are those of us who are not religious any more stubborn than those of you who are? All we are saying is that we have applied our intellect, reason, wisdom, and logic and found religion to be unfounded and as such we have chosen to reject it.

My philosophy is that, while I do not believe there is a creator deity, if there is and we are truly created in it's image then it gave us our ability to reason through things, apply logic to questions, and gain intelligence and wisdom. By using these same things that religious people would call 'god given talents' I have found no basis for the belief in said deity, however if that deity is there and you folks are right then you are slapping it in the face every time you discard these unique abilities in favor of following baseless claim.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

what are you doing here noob? you have a history of trolling this section. You're going to be the next 420 if you don't stop...

Why does religion have to be a huge part of the modern world?
It honestly has no place here anymore in my opinion beyond your own (religious peoples) min

Religion is major part of one's culture. Culture is very hard to destroy. It would be a shame if the US went USSR and ban everything but atheism. Diversity is fairly important to the development of our civilization. Some church goers genuinely want to help others because its the right thing to do. I know this neighbor who was a drunkard, but he genuinely changed his ways because he the church convinced him it was wrong to drink all the time. With everything there is good and evil. The Church provides good while harboring zealotry. But I think has long as the church provides good, then it should not be erased.
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

im just sharing my thoughts
thats not trolling
wtf i dont have a history for trolling
besides ur the one who is starting the fight
dont be a hypocrite dude

Showing 181-195 of 697