ForumsWEPR[Necro] Does God exist?

697 244239
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

since there really s no topic on whether or not he really exists and created people i decided to make one

start debating... NOW!

• 697 Replies
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

mage google hypocrite plz
it will show the top two definitions

greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

this is still going on!??!?!?!?!? from an existentialist, God doesnt, from a realist, God might

XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

Obviously. :P

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

@thechosenone3 - You're an example of a Christian Extremist, the kind of person who harasses anyone who doesn't go to your bible church about eternal ****ation. Nowhere in the Bible does it say to harass/mock your neighbor. At least your pastor told you to apologize for being rude. Most don't have that kind of steering.

Yes bash the kid before we have a chance to at least show him the intelligence of liberal Christianity. By the way if I thought people were going to hell if they didn't believe in God I wouldn't consider telling them that harassment.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

this is still going on!??!?!?!?!? from an existentialist, God doesnt, from a realist, God might

How does existentialism mean God doesn't exist?
JimmyMacX
JimmyMacX
21 posts
Nomad

In my opinion there is no God/Gods etc.

djfinalmix
djfinalmix
196 posts
Nomad

well i think god exists in a lot of ways but not how its the bible tells us

the bible does make it vague, there was a god in the beggining (or lack thereof). that just doesnt make sense though the other parts of the bible just pieces together well.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

"Does God Exist?"

First, you don't define which deity you are speaking of, secondly, while I'm not certain and it's a very real possibility that I could be wrong on this one, I'm going to say that no, there are no deities. There is no evidence and the very attributes that would make one a deity are illogical, unreasonable, and against our understanding of the laws of the universe.

9stian9
9stian9
13 posts
Nomad

God is kinda lame. If he exists he doesn't like me. Probably even hate me. thats why im chooseing not to belive in him, so that if he exists, hel be even more pissed. PWND YO ASS GOD!

Oblivior
Oblivior
786 posts
Nomad

I'm somewhat atheist, although I still believe in God a little.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I'm somewhat atheist, although I still believe in God a little.

That would still have you under the category of theist.
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

I really don't understand what leads people to believe there is some sort of higher power floating around. Can a theist explain to me the logic behind it :S?
I really don't see it.. and to topic, no, I don't think any deity exists.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I really don't understand what leads people to believe there is some sort of higher power floating around. Can a theist explain to me the logic behind it :S?

People desire explanations for what they don't know/don't understand. So if a real explanation is not available one will often be made up. This made up explanation will get passed down from one generation to the next, eventually becoming a long held belief.
AircraftCarrier
AircraftCarrier
145 posts
Shepherd

The phrase "make up" is pejorative, MageGrayWolf. As philosophical questions often don't have a definite answer, many people try to answer the question with their own ideas. Therefore, religions are not "made-up explanations", but "speculated hypothesis".

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Nahh - 'Made-up' has the same meaning as 'speculated hypothesis' in this situation. A hypothesis was made-up to try and fill in the things that they didn't understand back then - that made-up hypothesis being a deity or deities.

Showing 166-180 of 697