ForumsWEPR[Necro] Does God exist?

697 244153
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

since there really s no topic on whether or not he really exists and created people i decided to make one

start debating... NOW!

• 697 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Also, aren't there some descriptions of various creatures in the Old Testament suggestive of either dinosaurs or dragons? I'm sure at least one of you would know the verses I'm speaking of.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

dude thats not the bible your reading its prince charming
i dont understand how every atheist has a bible with dragons and ever christian doesnt have a bible with dragons
someone is lying

Someone hasn't read the bible...
Well, in Genesis there's the talking serpent.
There's also the story of how after praying to God the boy Jonah was saved by way of God causing a fish to puke him up on dry land.
And in Matthew, Jesus is hungry but the nearest fig tree is devoid of figs! So he curses it. But Jesus has made enough wine for a wedding party, made fish and bread for his people after his third resurrection, and he's also cured the deaf and blind. You'd think he'd be able to cure his own hunger, or at least realize it wasn't even fig season....
There's a lot more crazy crap in Bibs, but I'm disinclined to look it up right now, so for the moment just watch this.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Also, aren't there some descriptions of various creatures in the Old Testament suggestive of either dinosaurs or dragons? I'm sure at least one of you would know the verses I'm speaking of.

Same as the dragon references provided. There is also the Behemoth (translated in later versions as Ox) and the Leviathan.

Thinking about it doesn't it kind of hurt the position of dinosaurs in the Bible when versions of the Bible have these creatures as nothing more then lizard, oxen and jackals?
greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

there are 2 dragons in the Bible, even ill admit to that, theyre found in revalations, after the breaking of the 7 seals. so credit to magegreywolf.
however!
there are so many animals in the Bible that it makes legitment sense, and anyone who takes the Bible 100% literally is a fruit, because then its make no sense, but metaphorically, it makes total sense, there are a few instances in which the Bible can be take literally though. because itd stilll make sense lterally.

~step yo game up. marcus. psp~

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

there are so many animals in the Bible that it makes legitment sense, and anyone who takes the Bible 100% literally is a fruit, because then its make no sense, but metaphorically, it makes total sense, there are a few instances in which the Bible can be take literally though. because itd stilll make sense lterally.

As I pointed out earlier the problem here is that there is no clear line between what's suppose to be taken as metaphor and what's suppose to be taken literally. As it stands we could easily just say God is nothing more then a metaphor.
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Oh you mean like this?
What I mean is that how the hell are people meant to tell the difference?
greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

heres an example:

Jesus says if youre left hand does evil, chop it off.

a literalist will say, omgomgomg, i pnuched someone with my left hand, not i have to cut it off!

a contextualist will say, ahh, i mush cut off the sin in which comes from the hand, i must go to confession.

its a spiritual thing, its meant for the bigger picture.

wolfd95
wolfd95
22 posts
Nomad

God Is Just Spitrual Quotient
If your High in It.
You belive there Is one.
If your Very Low
You tihnk He Doesnt Exist.

greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

thats not necessarily true!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

You know how the thing with the dragons started? Because someone said:

Yes he does. Every word of the Bible is true.

And I replied:
[quote]Every word of the Bible is true.

So you believe in dragons.. what a dork.
[/quote]
Now this was it for some time, and then NoobSlayer brought that up again because of the dragon thing.. I for myself never said that you should take the bible, or any holy book, literally, I'm even openly against it and glad that there are christians who don't.
greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

thanks, but there are dragons, just theyre apocolyptic, so should they be taken literally, we do not know.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

What do you exactly want to say when you say 'There are apocalyptic dragons'?

greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

i mean, they dragons are found conenciding with the apocalypse. look in the Bible, its under revelations.

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

OK then - go drink a chalice of poison for me would ya. If you truly believe in your particular imaginary friend in the sky then you'll not feel the effects of the poison.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

So you mean when the apocalypse will come, dragons will come too? 0.o
Where are they hiding now?

Anyway dragons are bollocks, people saw big lizards and let their fantasy go wild. I always say: the mind is a powerful thing.

Showing 91-105 of 697