ForumsPopular MediaFavorite Genre of music?

281 98582
Legenduninfected
Legenduninfected
291 posts
Nomad

I like Punk the best!

So.. yeah

• 281 Replies
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Metal. I like it, it's good. Wish there were fewer wannabes in it though, that would make it much more awesome.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Tough for me to decide between indie and extreme metal. A lot of the stupid metal bands never descend past heavy metal/alt-metal/thrash, so a lot of the extreme stuff has great musicianship to it.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Probably Alternative rock, because it's a broad term that consists of several subgenres I like.

KiNGxxFeAR
KiNGxxFeAR
55 posts
Nomad

I really like death metal like Job For A Cowboy. But i dont dress gothic and i do beleive in god... lol weird right?

deathopper
deathopper
1,567 posts
Nomad

I really like hard rock like Pink Floyd the Beetles and Led Zeppelin.

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

My favorite genre at the moment would be Nu-Metal, but I also like hard rock, alternative, grunge, metal, and some classic rock.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

progressive metal and rock. cause my favorite band is dream theater

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

I have one of their albums

which one?

A Day To Remember

seen them live 5 times and they're bad ass always
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Symphonic Power Metals \\\\m/ (>_&lt \\\\m/

Dito. Best genre ever. Other metal genres are great too but I don't really like growls, so, yeah..
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

Hmmm.. I like nearly all but I'm gonna have to go with R&B and pop.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I'm looooving tech death right now specifically, specifically Cynic and Death(still getting used to Schuldiner's vocals, though). Cynic is awesome in particular. I'm also getting into avant-garde metal like Diablo Swing Orchestra and Mirrorthrone. I'd highly recommend Diablo Swing Orchestra to anyone who likes metal, swing, or any genre with strings or horns in it.
Also, Job for a Cowboy is more deathcore than straight death metal, but some of their stuff is more deathy than other. Pure death metal is more like Atheist, Death, etc. Cynic's first album is very much death metal, but their second is more like extreme jazz-fusion metal.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

Does everything count? Lol, I don't have one specific favorite, I listen to everything.

whimsyboy
whimsyboy
938 posts
Nomad

Right now, it's a tie between 90's Alternative and modern Indie. And when I say Alt I mean Beck, Ben Folds Five, Pavement, and Weezer(I don't like much after the Red Album). And when I say Indie I mean stuff like Band of Horses, Wilco, Belle & Sebastian, etc.
Although I do appreciate a little MGMT from time to time. And Gorillaz. And a bit of Aesop Rock, but I find that a little intense.

I also like a lot of oldies. And The Strokes. They're good, too.

whimsyboy
whimsyboy
938 posts
Nomad

Eh, somewhat. Haven't heard a lot, just a few songs from my friend's album. They seem pretty good. I should get more...

*runs to local library's CD section*

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

ya dude if your into that, there about as big as the beetles were in england right now. thats no exageration either lol

Showing 1-15 of 281