ForumsPopular MediaFavorite Genre of music?

281 98586
Legenduninfected
Legenduninfected
291 posts
Nomad

I like Punk the best!

So.. yeah

• 281 Replies
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

I am probably one of the few people who actually listens to a broad spectrum of music.

you and me both sir. thats why i dont really like alot of peoples oppinions on here because they dont give some of the stuff a chance. critics should be based of people who like everything so there is less bias.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I am probably one of the few people who actually listens to a broad spectrum of music.

Add me on to that list, please. Everything from indie to world music to metal to dream pop to folk music to ambient electronic

I dislike it when people don't give a genre a chance, like what Delo is saying. the only genre where I haven't found something I earnestly enjoy is mallcore, and I haven't delved deeply into it.
Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

Heh.... I used to love punk. That changed when I found Senses Fail. By then, I loved Punk-screamo (combined). Then I went towards trash and progressive metal (Megadeth and Dream theather for ex.). I then went towards symphonical metal (including death metal) and goth. Now, I went towards Folk metal, especially Viking.

What next lol.

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,366 posts
Nomad

Metal ftw. My fave subgenre is definitely power metal.
Fave power metal bands:
1. Blind Guardian
2. Iron Savior
3. Stratovarius

DeusExus
DeusExus
15 posts
Nomad

A number of genres. I like punk rock and power metal as well as trailer music/soundtrack music. I also like some heavy metal, though if the sounds the vocalist is making are reminiscent of a barking dog, I'm not interested.

It's rather diverse.

OhItzTragiC
OhItzTragiC
1 posts
Nomad

definitely Harcore/pop-punk since one of my favorite bands A day to remember plays that type. i love tons of other screamo. or indie.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I can listen to any rock/metal song that doesn't have screamo or growling. Any country song is good to listen to, so long as I don't hear many instances of God used in their lyrics. I don't have any problems with pop. I have tried many times, but I just cannot place any rap/hip hop songs in my musical heart. Techno is epic, but I like the ones with lyrics or background lyrics. Overall, I like power metal the best.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Is video-game music a genre? If so, that's my choice.

acepilot0
acepilot0
359 posts
Nomad

Rock mostly, however there are a few oddball bands and songs that I really enjoy, Bond for instance is an absolutely amazing band.

pablo4270
pablo4270
1,931 posts
Peasant

I hate almost everything that doesn't use real instruments.
I like Alternative&Punk, Modern Rock, Nu-Metal, and just plain old Alternative.

thaggard53
thaggard53
808 posts
Nomad

I like pretty much all kinds of music, but my favorites would have to be Alt. Rock/Punk (All Time Low, Anarbor, Mayday Parade, etc.), Hip-hop (basically Lil Wayne, Drake, Andre 3000, and everything from the golden days of rap/hip hop, like Nas, N.W.A, and 2Pac), and hard rock/heavy metal (Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, In This Moment, Five Finger Death Punch, etc.).

My friends make fun of me because I like too much music xD

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

Endscape himself does like rock/pop music alot but that was on a whim that he got into it...... rap is Endscape's life... without it endscape would loose wat little sanity he has left.
p.s. kirby says hi <(O_O)>

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

My favorite genre of music has to be rock, but i can listen to just about everything if it sounds good to me. (except country i can never listen to country songs)

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

I listen to mostly pop with a side of rock and the occasional classical music.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Indie,pop and rock. I like songs with a good beat

Showing 46-60 of 281