ForumsPopular MediaFavorite Genre of music?

281 98790
Legenduninfected
Legenduninfected
291 posts
Nomad

I like Punk the best!

So.. yeah

• 281 Replies
Fall0ut
Fall0ut
128 posts
Peasant

I like allmost every thing.LEMÃITRE - Nishio is one if me favorite songs!

crazyfrogbg
crazyfrogbg
58 posts
Peasant

various types of metal, punk, hardcore ..

PercyRules
PercyRules
40 posts
Nomad

Hard Rock or Country.

Bekeciko
Bekeciko
5 posts
Nomad

Trash Metal. I also like hard rock , and some classical music

PoetryHere
PoetryHere
73 posts
Nomad

I quite like to listen to classical music, sometimes heavy metal, big switch I know. =P

GhostOfMetal
GhostOfMetal
694 posts
Shepherd

Thrash and Power Metal. Hard Rock. and Nu Metal is pretty awesome too.

suckish genres include (to me): pop, rap, and screemo. (yes, a metal head that doesnt like screemo, get over it. and idc if i misspelled screemo, get over it )

NontroppO
NontroppO
366 posts
Nomad

Mainly rock based songs, could be Metal the most but i like other generes with rock feeling.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I don't like all these heavy metal songs. I prefer more of classic rock over all music. Some rock nowadays is okay. But I grew up listening to whatever my dad had playing on the radio and that was classic rock.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

I don't like all these heavy metal songs. I prefer more of classic rock over all music. Some rock nowadays is okay. But I grew up listening to whatever my dad had playing on the radio and that was classic rock.

Same with me. Metal isn't as good as classic rock. And I don't really think it takes much skill to play metal music. The classic rock artists are probably the most talented musicians I have ever seen and heard.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Same with me. Metal isn't as good as classic rock. And I don't really think it takes much skill to play metal music. The classic rock artists are probably the most talented musicians I have ever seen and heard.

You are excruciatingly uninformed about metal music and music in general if you sincerely think that. Classic rock is great, but such blanket generalizations, especially when you don't seem to have a huge musical knowledge, are silly. It takes a ton of skill to play metal music, either due to the technicality of it or the difficult vocal styles or the odd melodies and such - saying that it doesn't take a lot of skill to play metal shows that you have very little knowledge of it. >_<
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I don't listen to metal, so your probably right.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

if you actually read the lyrics for some of these "metal" genre songs you'll see that their elaborate ballads and/or masterpieces in and of themselves.... stories and concepts made to come alive through the writers pen and instruments. that's only part of it. knowing how to play the instrument in general takes a lot of time and skill. being able to move your fingers as fast as some of these people do is a skill. being able to move their fingers that fast and still stay on track is a skill. hitting the correct pitches when singing takes skill. making sure things all come together and form the final product takes alot of skill.

i would argue that making things fast paced, like metal music, yet coherent and still beautiful would take the most skill of all.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

(in addition to the above...)
apologies for double post

the first songs that people are able to mimic are the slower ones... so it stand to reason that it takes the least amount of skill to produce those melodies...

and metal music isn't to be confused w/ loud screaming and yelling and/or thrashing around... that's a genre/subgenre of its own (its whichever depending on your view)

or maybe i'm only privy to a select few metal bands that sound great while maintaining the fast paced guitar solos and epic vocals...

maybe

Sonata Arctica
Stratovarius
Nightwish
Van Canto
Kamelot
Epica
Heavenly
Symphony X

just misrepresent their metal genre and are great when they should suck...

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

and metal music isn't to be confused w/ loud screaming and yelling and/or thrashing around... that's a genre/subgenre of its own (its whichever depending on your view)

That is my mistake. I have a friend who's like screamo, and so yeah that's what I think of as metal.

But metal is more like Metallica, and styx right?
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

the first songs that people are able to mimic are the slower ones... so it stand to reason that it takes the least amount of skill to produce those melodies...

No, it doesn't. While technically they may be easier, power metal melodies aren't difficult to compose because they tend to consist of really fast playing chords with slow chord changes. Composition deserves to be considered as much as technicality.

maybe

Sonata Arctica
Stratovarius
Nightwish
Van Canto
Kamelot
Epica
Heavenly
Symphony X

just misrepresent their metal genre and are great when they should suck...

No, there's a lot more fantastic metal out there that isn't power metal. DX You have the wrong mentality here. There's plenty of great metal music out there.
Showing 76-90 of 281