ForumsNews and Feedback[AG3 Feature] User-to-User Private Messages

110 26743
cormyn
cormyn
2,891 posts
Nomad

I just confirmed with Larry that we're going to build a way for users to send private messages to one another, but the recipient will be able to flag the message as spam/abuse.

We don't know yet exactly what it will look like, but it's on the "to-do" list.

• 110 Replies
IcyIndia
IcyIndia
1,344 posts
Nomad

Ok, thanks, 1337. I didn't see Cormyn say that.
Another idea: A chat room? Like Kongregate. To add on to the "Groups" idea, maybe a message board that all members of the group can post on.
Getting a little off topic, sorry, but I just had that idea.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Cormyn already stated that AG will not have a live chat system.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Soopah-Doopah sticky for (nearly) all AG3 ideas. You can go look at those, IcyIndia, to look at what we've been talking about

IcyIndia
IcyIndia
1,344 posts
Nomad

Whoa. I have been missing out. Thanks, Freak, I now know a lot more stuff than I did before.

so, not to spam, I have another idea. Let's hope someone else hasn't thought of this.

Here goes:

Maybe have a &quotost button" for your PMs. Not blocking, but if someone said something clever, you could post it on your profile for everyone to see.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

If you did that you would need the person who originally posted the message to give permission to use his/her message. That's why it's called &quotrivate".

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

If there will be a private messaging system, will there also be a block system so you're not harassed by a user that may have a grudge against you?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Pretty much, yeah.

We don't want er...harassers on this site.

cormyn
cormyn
2,891 posts
Nomad

Yes, flagging a private message as "abuse" will allow administrators to view the message thread to see what's going on.

You can also ban other users (except mods and admins) from sending you messages.

IcyIndia
IcyIndia
1,344 posts
Nomad

Speak for yourself, Freak. I absolutely love it when people ruin my day. (sarcastic, obviously)

Here's an idea. I might just explode if someone criticizes it.

::::

Send a message to multiple people? To expand on the groups idea, send it to the people in your group, or maybe just friends that you want to write to all at once.

cormyn
cormyn
2,891 posts
Nomad

No, private messages will be single user to single user.

We'll deal with groups in another thread when we're ready to discuss it, and we're not there yet.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

oh no

lcylndia: *BOOM!!!! PEW PEW BOOSH!*

well love the humor on the post cormyn (or do ya prefrer Lan or what every it is?) uh now what was i going to say!
shoot well i had a idea that seemed good! extra enphasic on "seemed"! lol

the post button seems nice but also seem like a complete controdiction! but wouldent it be easyer for the use to (hopefully ask first) copy and paste the post and post it!?
sorry! not meaning to but down every idea ya got! lol

hope i remember my idea i SEEMED good...

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,585 posts
Duke

No, private messages will be single user to single user.

We'll deal with groups in another thread when we're ready to discuss it, and we're not there yet.

So... There will be private messages user to user??
cormyn
cormyn
2,891 posts
Nomad

Yes, AG3 will have user-to-user private messages.

Kyahco, my first name is spelled ian, not Lan.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

oh... tahnks but whcih do ya like better? ian or cormyn?
is it a first name (ian) and last name (cormyn)? sorry!

sorry on topic!
so about the the &quotost button Idea" is that posable? could their be a &quotost reQuest botton" if you did not say it or in genral. and like a friend request the other friend has to exept? but i does seem to ,well... not needed and just to much work for something that is able to be done with copy and paste. as i said.

but maybe a smiley system (with a mideavil style to it) for the user-to-user posting? and maybey for the whole site. i have not seen that idea out much, is there a probalem with it? or just have not gotten to it?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

so about the the &quotost button Idea" is that posable?

If you're still talking about the carbon-copy message idea, then it is as Ian has said: Private messaging will only be user-to-user. You could give the message out to other people, I suppose, but that wouldn't make private messaging exactly private, now would it?

and like a friend request the other friend has to exept?

It's like how we friend people right now, except they won't show up as friends until both of them friend each other. It's like if I add you as a friend; I have to wait for you to add me before your account shows up in my friends list.

I dunno about smileys. At least I don't remember. It's on the common suggestions list for AG2, but that's completely different. And possibly now outdated.
Showing 76-90 of 110