ForumsNews and Feedback[AG3 Feature] User-to-User Private Messages

110 26744
cormyn
cormyn
2,891 posts
Nomad

I just confirmed with Larry that we're going to build a way for users to send private messages to one another, but the recipient will be able to flag the message as spam/abuse.

We don't know yet exactly what it will look like, but it's on the "to-do" list.

• 110 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,891 posts
Nomad

Kyahco: ian is my name, cormyn is my gamer name. I'll answer to either.

I don't know if we'll deal with smileys or not. I'm not a fan, myself.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

hmm well i am a fan but this seem to be a "semi-formal" forum kinda (ok not that much). but thanks! cormyn!

uh... the

and like a friend request the other friend has to exept?

is not talking about how to chat or requesting some one to the chat sevire (or user to use messeging i should say), but an ad to the &quotost button" or "carbon copy button", so it makes it more... well nicer that just copying and pasting
it at our on will, but in stead asking the other peorson but it seem not needed! and seem like ya should just ask the person if ya can qoute them or just do it, and copy and paste. i was just asking if you guys where consitering it.

sorry for the missunderstandings!!!!
FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

Yah that would be cool!I jsut hope that privite message is not going to replace comments...

wipe42
wipe42
819 posts
Nomad

Well just an observation but the grammar on this page is unusually bad for Ag. At least from what I remember from an yesterday. Well now for an on topic reply...

and like a friend request the other friend has to exept?

Couldn't you also just ask them to be your friend? I mean its a good idea that as been stated before and has definetly been talked about in a "top-secret" facility that AG wants on the people whos words are in green to know about (somewhere in california I think..)

Just hope that privite message is not going to replace comments...

Fix'd!
Sorry that bothered me just leaving like that.

Anyway I seriously doubt tat it ever will but it would probably become a natural part of our lives here at AG where you can either think your way through a game or just slaughter everthing in sight.

What I would like to see is a system where people could see when you were last on. If not that then why not the little green orb again?
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Couldn't you also just ask them to be your friend?

The idea of this friend system is that people have to each select them as their friend in order to be on their friend's list, whereas now, you only have to add them yourself for it to show. Even if the user doesn't friend you, you can still "follow" it.
cormyn
cormyn
2,891 posts
Nomad

Correct, our current "friend" system is more of a "follower" system.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

Well just an observation but the grammar on this page is unusually bad for Ag. At least from what I remember from an yesterday.

well i an't ever not knowsten for dan gum grammers. i've goten me selves gamer, buts i an't goten grammers. LOL XD JK please if there is bad grammer read it for a long amout of time. i have some problems that are very hard to fix (i am trying) so right now some peopple need to deal with it and other have the same problen (on offence) i konw OFF TOPIC!

and if i understand right there will be a follower and a friend system or AG3 right? but privet posting has to be a sepperatly reqested right? or is it only for friends? or so?
cormyn
cormyn
2,891 posts
Nomad

We haven't decided yet if PM's will be limited to friends only.

goldair1
goldair1
158 posts
Nomad

We haven't decided yet if PM's will be limited to friends only.

i think it needs to be friends only
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I agree with that.
I wouldn't appreciate some total stranger that I haven't even added as a friend on here Private messaging me.

IcyIndia
IcyIndia
1,344 posts
Nomad

Maybe you could choose who messages you, even if they're not on your friends list.
Answerer39
Answerer39
49 posts
Nomad

Hm...well a private messaging system is good! But it should come along with a Block system otherwise we can't simply waste time flagging abusive messages. And moderators shouldn't be able to view these messages..hence the title "Private Messages"

cormyn
cormyn
2,891 posts
Nomad

Maybe you could choose who messages you, even if they're not on your friends list.

We'll make it a privacy setting. You can allow any user, only your followers, or only your friends. You won't be allowed to block moderators or admins from sending you messages.

it should come along with a Block system

That's already in the plan

moderators shouldn't be able to view these messages

We've already discussed this earlier in the thread. Because of legal reasons, we can't just go browsing into user's private messages. However, if a user flags a private message as abuse/spam/whatever, then it will become unlocked for an administrator to review the message thread between the two users to see what's been written, in order to decide whether it requires action on our part. When a user flags a private message, it will prompt them with a confirmation box saying something like "By pressing the OK button, you grant us permission to read this private message." ... something to that effect.
goldair1
goldair1
158 posts
Nomad

You won't be allowed to block moderators or admins from sending you messages.

O well lol... but why do you want to PM as for anyway?
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

There could be a number of reasons. I can think of...3. Warnings, secret notifications, and certain messages that may be need to be private from other users.

Showing 91-105 of 110