ForumsNews and FeedbackHow will people be picked for AG3 beta testing?

81 18753
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I don't know if someone has asked. But I just want confirmation. Thanks.

• 81 Replies
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

Umm...sorry 'bout that. Knight ninja'd me.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

We're looking at hand-picking a few people to help test the first portion of the site, and slowly expand it from there. We *may* allow the invitees to invite a few others down the road, but that's not confirmed yet.

When you mean "few", about how much will be that?
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

We're looking at hand-picking a few people to help test the first portion of the site, and slowly expand it from there. We *may* allow the invitees to invite a few others down the road, but that's not confirmed yet.

That clears it up. A little.

What factors would you be looking at?
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

If we look at what happened for AG2...it may involve the odd chance of clicking on a game and being taken to an invite screen...

I got my invite in a reply from Dan...waaay back in 07...

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

ya cormryn are you having like a criteria sheet for people you want for beta testing

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

We're looking at hand-picking a few people to help test the first portion of the site

HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

*nudge nudge* *wink wink*

I think it should be like AG2 Beta testing. Make a post in teh blog asking for volunteers.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

lol everyone would volunteer though. id go ahead and trust the mods to choose like 100 or so people.... but you know... putting yourself out there isnt going to hurt anyone

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

True, I'll just wish to become a tester at 11:11 today. Then volunteer if needed. Hope I'm put into consideration! ;D

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Well, seeing as everyone else is stepping forward I might as well too. I'm open for beta testing.. I have a lot of free time on my hands and I'm well dedicated to AG and its community.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I was going to make a joke about beta selections being made based on donations of Starbucks in my direction, but I'd probably get fired...

To start, we'll literally hand pick some users based on internal criteria; it *might* literally be the immediate friends and family of staff and gamedevs, but it's still undecided. I'll be building out the beta user scheme myself this week.

From there, the beta.armorgames.com page will have a sign-up form for you to give us your Email address. When we're ready to take on more users, we'll send an Email to a batch of users. And, as I mentioned, we've also looked at letting users invite a couple of friends, but that's not confirmed yet.

That's all I can share at this time.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

again cormryn as i said to you on your page.

my email is on my page

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Well I hope you choose a good group of people to help with the nuisances of the site and make it better for the rest of us.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

So I'm thinking that it is only fair for those who have been AG2 testers to get higher priority for AG3 beta?

I mean...they've stuck with the site for yeaaarss...

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

@kingryan I don't know if we still have the old AG2 tester list around. I'll have a look.

For others saying &quotick me" etc., we will have an official sign up, and you'll be notified when it's live. I'm not manually entering people for beta. i have enough work to take care of. )

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Ttly excited, ttly excited....!! I'm not sure what to say, I actually forgot...erm..

You are planning to have both closed AND open beta testing? Open meaning it is live? That's sorta redundant lol

Freakenstein's character was heralded as the Neil Armstrong of Beta, but realized he jumped in the portal without a key, so now he's trapped in an unknown dimension of Beta. He's probably stuck in some random code that just needs to be found in order to be rescued... or...he's in a super, secret, surprise game code that is in Beta in which the beta testers need to dive into in order to rescue him!

I forgot to take my medicine today.

Showing 16-30 of 81